Izotope stuff any good?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Was looking at Izotope music production bundle? Would you recommend their stuff or this bundle? It's on sale for $500. Worth it? Thanks.

Give me a D
Give me an E
Give me an M
Can’t recall the rest...
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Like MM said. Demo it yourself. Nobody here can tell you what something is worth to you. I have Neutron 2 and use it all the time. I love it. You may think it's crap.

Demo. That's the only way you're going to know.

wagtunes wrote:Like MM said. Demo it yourself. Nobody here can tell you what something is worth to you. I have Neutron 2 and use it all the time. I love it. You may think it's crap.

Precisely. I can't believe anybody would even consider laying down $500 without demoing first.

And yet .. demoing won’t give you the wisdom of someone who has used it for many months or has a different skill level. Need reviews/feedback and a demo.

I have ozone and neutron advanced and I use them both .. although I use ozone a lot more, especially the analytical functionality.
Last edited by generaldiomedes on Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

generaldiomedes wrote:And yet .. demoing won’t give you the wisdom of someone who has used it for many months or has a different skill level. Need reviews/feedback and a demo.
Ok valid point. Given it has already been out for “many months” there should already be ample reviews and YouTube videos already.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Like MM said. Demo it yourself. Nobody here can tell you what something is worth to you. I have Neutron 2 and use it all the time. I love it. You may think it's crap.

Precisely. I can't believe anybody would even consider laying down $500 without demoing first.
Omnisphere.

twitewhite wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:

Omnisphere.
Omnisphere doesn't leave you any choice. You want it, you buy it unless you can find a dealer nearby that has it. And even then, there is no guarantee it will work on your system. Trust me, I had my heart in my throat when I bought it. I'm just grateful it worked.

beatmangler443 wrote:Was looking at Izotope music production bundle? Would you recommend their stuff or this bundle? It's on sale for $500. Worth it? Thanks.
For me a clear YES. It has released me from this (for me) boring technical stuff that comes with mixing, balancing, leveling, measuring and so on and has given me far more time to be creative in producing strange sounds, tracks and albums...

martinjuenke wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:Was looking at Izotope music production bundle? Would you recommend their stuff or this bundle? It's on sale for $500. Worth it? Thanks.
For me a clear YES. It has released me from this (for me) boring technical stuff .
Ahh yes, the microwave readymeal approach to Michelin starred haute cuisine.
Sorry, couldn't resist, . :evil: :party: :lol:
Different strokes n all that
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
For me a clear YES. It has released me from this (for me) boring technical stuff .
I‘m used to receiving sarcastic arrogant answers which neither offer additional facts nor state clearly itself as just an opinion. Who cares? :roll:

Mushy Mushy wrote:
generaldiomedes wrote:And yet .. demoing won’t give you the wisdom of someone who has used it for many months or has a different skill level. Need reviews/feedback and a demo.
Ok valid point. Given it has already been out for “many months” there should already be ample reviews and YouTube videos already.
There's not much to review, Ozone has been on a market for years - and people use it. Not much has changed since previous versions.

There were some show-and-tell videos for new features, mostly Tonal Balance Control and automatic master + reference tracks.

In short - Ozone bundle has everything you need for successful master and also doesn't have anything you don't need to bother with. Just get it and learn how to use it.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
There's not much to review, Ozone has been on a market for years - and people use it. Not much has changed since previous versions.

There were some show-and-tell videos for new features, mostly Tonal Balance Control and automatic master + reference tracks.

In short - Ozone bundle has everything you need for successful master and also doesn't have anything you don't need to bother with. Just get it and learn how to use it.
Disagree mate, there are loads of reviews/tuts out there on YouTube.

I do however agree it’s superb and well worth it.

martinjuenke wrote:
Eauson wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
I‘m used to receiving sarcastic arrogant answers which neither offer additional facts nor state clearly itself as just an opinion. Who cares? :roll:
Sorry for having an opinion, so I didn't offer a valid response, or did I?
The majority of music I have heard, mastered!? with ozone has appeared pretty much slammed, because peeps are only interested in an immediate solution, rather than one that is developed over time. Must have it, cos I will be churning out me tunes like a battery farmer!!
So :roll: all you like, as I said, different strokes and that :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Mushy Mushy wrote:
That wisdom may well be the opinion of a 15 year who downloaded the crack, hasn't used anything else and endorses it because his latest infatuation endorses it too.

Demo it yourself.

Return to “Instruments”