Olga?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Olga

Ridan wrote:
Lejurai wrote:Guess I'll just have to become rich and famous :P
If becoming rich and famous is the only requirement you need to go on a date with a certain woman then she prolly ain't worth it.

Having a Dr.Phill moment here. Just let me live it.
Truuuuue.. I'm just fantasying about something that would otherwise be out from my reach :D Since really, I'm a synth nerd not a playboy.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Reminds me a bit of the Vacuum Pro, the other way round rather 8)
Funny you should say that - I bought Vacuum Pro today (got sick of waiting for it to be on sale) and after half an hour of demoing presets, I had the sudden thought - "I wonder if you can still get that Schwa Olga thing?" Turns out you can and it still sounds just as sick as it did when it came out. Now that I.m over my stupid refusal to pay more than $50 for a plugin, I am definitely going to buy a license. Then I'll probably kick myself for not having done it years ago. Sometimes I am such a stubborn idiot it beggars belief.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Reminds me a bit of the Vacuum Pro, the other way round rather 8)
Funny you should say that - I bought Vacuum Pro today (got sick of waiting for it to be on sale) and after half an hour of demoing presets, I had the sudden thought - "I wonder if you can still get that Schwa Olga thing?" Turns out you can and it still sounds just as sick as it did when it came out. Now that I.m over my stupid refusal to pay more than $50 for a plugin, I am definitely going to buy a license. Then I'll probably kick myself for not having done it years ago. Sometimes I am such a stubborn idiot it beggars belief.
Like any Air stuff, Vacuum Pro is frequently sold on KVR, like here for $5:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=504086&hilit=vacuum&start=15

Was the same with me, I had ignored Sylenth1 for years for some reason, then I bought it...

Do you really want to go there?

I'll always buy from the dev or an online shop so I know where the license came from and so the people who made it get some money out of the deal. I paid $99 for Vacuum Pro, which is a reasonable discount and enough to justify the purchase. $80 might be a little harder to justify but Olga seems custom-made for the type of stuff we do so it's really a no-brainer for us.

The thing with Vacuum Pro is that, unlike most softsynths I've tried out, it reminds me of the good old days of going through the presets on a new hardware synth like my ESQ-M or my mate's Korg Prophecy - every patch has potential, there is almost no filler. OTOH, with a synth like z3ta+ or Massive, for example, I reckon there is probably one patch in 20 that grabs my attention. I certainly found that with the Waldorf Pulse 2 I bought last year. I went through the 300 on-board presets and found only a dozen or so worth keeping. Of course, that is plenty to justify the purchase, although Rocket still gets about 10 times more use than Pulse 2 does.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

100 euro for an Air synth, that would be too much for me. I mean, they themselves are flooding the market with their frequent, crazy sales, so I would not even feel bad if I bought it for $5, frankly.

Never tried Vacuum Pro, so I can't say anything about its presets. What genres is that synth made for?

I don't know. It's a synthesiser, you can use it to make all sorts of sounds for any genre you like.

I love Oligarc, and bought it right away, but I won’t pay for Olga until they do away with that stupid UI. Sorry, your clever fake Russian isn’t cute and the “masking tape” thing is worse. Sounds really interesting to me, but I’ve got a thing about purposely unreadable interfaces. You’ve got to sound as good as my ATC-X to get away with that crap. :lol: (and it does not)
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Isnt there a tab you can click on to give you an english gui/labels?

Im sure there was....

Yes, I think one has to click on the white "bow tie" symbol on the left side of the GUI.

It's more fun to tweak it without English labels, IMHO.

It's a very nice synth (I have the full licence), yet a very simple synth.
You read the manual, program a few patches with the translation ON and you already learned what each knob/fader/button stands for, without the translation. The layout was designed in a very clever and distinctive way which allows yo to remember the controls easily.
At least thats my experience with it.

EvilDragon wrote:It's more fun to tweak it without English labels, IMHO.
And if "fun" was the object of the exercise, that might be good advice.

Does anyone know how to make Olga's presets show up in Studio One? They show up fine in Orion but Studio One can't see them for some reason and, of course, Olga doesn't have anything resembling it's own preset management. I noticed on Schwa's forum someone had the same question about Reaper but it went unanswered.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:45 pm It's more fun to tweak it without English labels, IMHO.
When I’m looking to have that kind of fun on a computer I’ll run a game where I pretend to pilot an X-Wing fighter to take down the Empire. Pew pew!
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:04 am
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:45 pm It's more fun to tweak it without English labels, IMHO.
When I’m looking to have that kind of fun on a computer I’ll run a game where I pretend to pilot an X-Wing fighter to take down the Empire. Pew pew!
Just looked a the screenshot, for me most of these labels don't seem to make much sense either, despite it's my first language.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”