A sampler that will change the way you use your sample library. We need your help!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, I gotta say Atlas seems pretty handy. I find it tedious to go through collections
of drum samples to create my own kits. When I do, I tend to keep things together
by collection at least. Consequently, the chances that I would ever have gone through
everything to create such a varied and seemingly infinite number of interesting
kits is practically zero.

Good job Algonaut :tu:

I know it will cost me and you fellow KVRians a couple of $ but I must confess that I'm already sold. :love:

Like an inspiring synth sound a fresh drum kit can envoke a couple of new song ideas and so did Atlas in my DAW. Counted and saved several unheard drum kits so far, each of 'em capable of building the leading foundation of a new track.

Oh, and pls do yourself a favour and throw anything into Atlas. You'll be rewarded. :tu:

Experimenting in Bitwig at the moment and it works well! I love how fast it is to audition samples once a map is created, feels way way faster than the Bitwig browser.

I echo the request to be able to generate sets of alternative percussion instead of a "full drumkit" each time, eg dedicating 8 slots to random clavs, rims and woodblocks for example, or closed hats, open hats and rides. I rarely work in the "full drumkit on one track" mode, normally I'll have a group dedicated to kicks, bass and maybe some toms, another group for hats and cymbals etc.

Another useful option would be a way to lock the parameters (pitch, envelope, filter etc) while randomising samples in a slot.

Really impressed with the core functionality though and I'm looking forward to seeing how this tool grows!

To the comments about generating 'alternative percussion' kits, if you load a bunch of different drum types into the kit ie bongo, rim etc and press new kit, Atlas will respect the drum types in each cell and choose different samples of the same type. So if you have a MIDI pattern it will still sound decent. It only uses 'kick, snare, clap, hat' etc if the kit is empty before you click 'new kit'.

timnoric wrote:To the comments about generating 'alternative percussion' kits, if you load a bunch of different drum types into the kit ie bongo, rim etc and press new kit, Atlas will respect the drum types in each cell and choose different samples of the same type. So if you have a MIDI pattern it will still sound decent. It only uses 'kick, snare, clap, hat' etc if the kit is empty before you click 'new kit'.
Ah cool, good to know! (I should have read the thread properly)

How far does the AI go in terms of classifying non-'standard' drum sounds (i.e. outside of the usual snare/tom/hihat/kick type paradigm)? I assume it still uses some kind of 'distance' measurement to place similar sounding files close to one another in the clusters, even if it doesn't have specific nomenclature for more abstract hits.

I'm actually most interested in using it to find commonality between more abstract samples in my library (clicks, pops, that kind of thing), as I often find a random perc sample I really like but struggle to find other ones to play well with it.

Just trying this out now, very clever indeed. Definite solo on the pads would be welcome. Also merging maps would be great too.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Just the tool am looking for will try out today i will get u some feedback as soon as I load tons of sample into u new ap, enjoy all cheers... :wink:

This is brilliant. I'm sitting on a mountain of drum samples after subbing to Noiiz a few months ago and this adds a whole new layer of usefulness. Any idea what this is going to cost when it comes out of beta?

Just a little bump here to let you guys know we have launched Atlas today! Head over to the new thread for a link!
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=506825

Return to “Instruments”