What's up at Plogue?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alter/Ego Bidule chipcrusher chipsounds chipspeech chipsynth MD chipsynth PortaFM sforzando

davidv@plogue wrote:
jbuonacc wrote:not thrilled with the 4 minute time limit, but wow... really impressed with this thing.
Believe me, it saddens us too. People were bragging online that they could render chipsounds tracks using the demo version with the old 5 minute limit and used that for years.
Hi. People get so crazy about things for free and forget about the other ones (people). Why don´t you put in a repeating noise-wave like so many others?

And thank you very much for the update. Great! :tu:
Last edited by nichttuntun on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks, nice to hear about the update.
aka Magellanic Milk >> iTunes >> Releases

davidv@plogue wrote:
jbuonacc wrote:not thrilled with the 4 minute time limit, but wow... really impressed with this thing.
Believe me, it saddens us too. People were bragging online that they could render chipsounds tracks using the demo version with the old 5 minute limit and used that for years.
Wow, those people are dicks.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

nichttuntun wrote: Hi. People get so crazy about things for free and forget about the other ones (people). Why don´t you put in a repeating noise-wave like so many others? :
We weighted the pros and cons, I admit its a personal preference of mine. I hate noise in demos and prefer a time out. You can start a new instance of PortaFM and continue evaluating without noise for 4 more minutes, indefinitely.
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid
https://plogue.com

davidv@plogue wrote:
nichttuntun wrote: Hi. People get so crazy about things for free and forget about the other ones (people). Why don´t you put in a repeating noise-wave like so many others? :
We weighted the pros and cons, I admit its a personal preference of mine. I hate noise in demos and prefer a time out. You can start a new instance of PortaFM and continue evaluating without noise for 4 more minutes, indefinitely.
David, I hate noise too, but you know it’s going to get abused.

If this isn’t hurting your bottom line to hard, so be it. But I know I speak for others when I say I would like you to be incredibly well compensated for what ostensibly is an amazing labor of love with beautiful and unique results.

Anyway, I’ve been using PortaFM since the day of release and look forward to instantly purchasing all of the chipsynths.

:x :? :cry:

I really like the sound of your new offering, plogue guys, I have licenses for all your stuff besides portaFM, but why did you have to take the arpeggiator as is from chipsounds...
I've always felt frustrated that pattern and octave range etc. are not vst parameters and can't be midi-learned and automated...

maybe I overlooked how, but I don't think so. I use bidule as my main host and I've tried bidule's midi learn with chipsounds and portaFM and neither arp can be remotely controlled.

I sometimes use chipsounds exclusively as a midi arpeggiator and not being able to control those values other than with a mouse is really annoying! :cry:

As it stands I'm unlikely to buy portaFM in this condition...

edit: added a word for easier reading...

you are really missing something if you pass by Porta FM. ;)

fabi wrote:but why did you have to take the arpeggiator as is from chipsounds...
I've always felt frustrated that pattern and octave range etc. are not vst parameters and can't be midi-learned and automated...
The arp and chorus parameter host automation can actually be easily added in an update.
But for arp specifically, not everything would make sense to be automated I think. Which controls do you need appart pattern and octave range?

Cheers

davidv@plogue wrote:
fabi wrote:but why did you have to take the arpeggiator as is from chipsounds...
The arp and chorus parameter host automation can actually be easily added in an update.
But for arp specifically, not everything would make sense to be automated I think. Which controls do you need appart pattern and octave range?

Cheers
Hi david, glad you chimed in so quickly. It would pretty much only be mode, duration and range that I personally would want to remote control.

Is there any chance this kind of small update could also be done for chipsounds, as well? It's simply such a powerful arpeggiator in its own right to arpeggiate synths that don't themselves have one. :tu: :ud: 8)

fabi wrote:
davidv@plogue wrote: Is there any chance this kind of small update could also be done for chipsounds, as well? It's simply such a powerful arpeggiator in its own right to arpeggiate synths that don't themselves have one. :tu: :ud: 8)
I'm afraid not. Our new engine is more flexible in that respect.
Sorry.

yes, that's what i'd also gathered while browsing the web in general audio regards, here or elsewhere. a shame. i would have loved to have chipsounds' chips layered with my volcas... :D

still, that's good news for your new chipsynth series. i love synthesizers in general, but chips in particular, so your post about the new engine being more flexible with regards to such an update give me hope portaFM will be part of my audio spaceship, soon. :)

sorry for replying to myself, and if what I'm going to ask has been answered elsewhere, but you can't use the chipsynth series as arps only, or as both arped chipsynth and midi arp simultaneously, by any chance, can you? :D

Just saw Cuckoo's (as always) enthusiastic video. Looks awesome - can't wait to demo.

Love the idea of individual, dedicated instruments (at a nice price) - feels more like an instrument.

I've been toying with circuit bending some old Casio and Yamaha gear but now I can just mangle this with efects. :hyper:

fabi wrote:
davidv@plogue wrote:

Cheers
Hi david, glad you chimed in so quickly. It would pretty much only be mode, duration and range that I personally would want to remote control.

Is there any chance this kind of small update could also be done for chipsounds, as well? It's simply such a powerful arpeggiator in its own right to arpeggiate synths that don't themselves have one. :tu: :ud: 8)

Arp on/off is the only other parameter I can think of remote controlling. Can't check right now if that's already possible, as I am not on my computer right now. :phones:

fabi wrote:Is there any chance this kind of small update could also be done for chipsounds, as well? It's simply such a powerful arpeggiator in its own right to arpeggiate synths that don't themselves have one. :tu: :ud: 8)
Aren´t our DAWs not just the most powerful imaginable arpeggiators anyway?

Return to “Instruments”