Dark Midsummer Jam

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got a incentive to play with my Orange Tree Samples Hollow Body Blues plugin, because
OTS is having a GB at the moment, and I´m buying a new one, on of their latest sampled guitar.

This is just very primitive guitar riff, accompanied by the Spark 2.4 and Thorn.

Let this be a dark Midsummer Night Jungle Beat:

https://soundcloud.com/harry_mccloud/hollow-body-jungle

My Feedback

Music - 5
Instruments - 8
Performance - 7
Mix - 8

Overall - 7

Comments: The 4 note motif is cool but was hoping it would evolve some. A minute and a half in I'm basically turning the dial to another station. I get that this is probably a genre thing (just kind of loop a short melody over and over and do some subtle textural changes) but it's just not my cup of tea. Eventually it just gets old and boring. Music needs to go somewhere. Anywhere. At least for me. When it doesn't, it's just noise. Sorry, but that's how stuff like this hits me. It just puts me to sleep. Mix and sound wise it was fine.

I agree totally - no other ambition this time, than record a 4-bar loop by jamming, and mixing it, by putting some effects on it.
We all need sometimes this kind of loosening. Its unaccurate playing, time to time nice ambience. If it makes you sleepy, or change the channel, that´s absolutely OK ;-)

my right ear really enjoyed the low tom ;)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”