Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

PiotrPochwat wrote:Thx Guys for the feedback. I thinking about commercial soundset for Adam synth. Maybe I back to the commercial soundesign. My soundsets (for vengeance-sound) was released many, many years ago :)

Ok. this is part.2 Inspired by music from Robert Rich.

100% Viper, no external effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Ix73oKQsg
Very nicely done.
I like Viper for Acid as well.

Bought it.. Nice.

There's one big problem:
Then name is spelled wrong..
It's spelled "Wiper".
I am 110% sure..
- WonderEcho -

Because it wipes the floor with other soft synths? ;)

Have full Viper version now and still have a persistent automation issue. I can work around it at the moment by using the pencil in the automation lane. Windows 10 64 1607 - Cubase 9.0.2 - 64 bit Viper.

I move my Viper knobs into the correct start position without any automation switched on and put Cubase Viper VSTi track into "W" Then set my start locator a couple of bars before my "In" and press play for a run up.... select the cut off knob and automate the normal filter and then look at the automation lane after stopping and it bears no relationship to what I just did.... I did a fairly wide 280 degree filter sweep and then in the automation lane there is a line with a slight incline left to right under the recorded part. I would expect to see something like an inverted V.

So naturally I then go for another pass to see what happens. So I have the track in "R" and "W".. "R" reads the existing data.. "W" is priming for overwrite. And then when I touch the knob cause it is in "W" mode it should latch as long as I keep clicked down on the knob (and start overwriting) and be freely moveable to overwrite what exists, but the knob is resisting my command and the knob mainly resists but jumps about a bit in an erratic manner and writes further nonsensensical automation.

So I give up and pencil it in after the event. :lol: Once pencilled/drawn in plays back as expected. I have been doing this process for eternity in Cubase with VSTi's and Viper seems not to play ball.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this ? So far normal filter and Vowel Filter in effects exhibits the behaviour. (the only 2 tested thus far)

Other than this it has been a pretty good experience with the full version so far. The knobs no longer max out the CPU or click when jumping through presets. Project is up to about 45 tracks now mix of audio, sampler, effects returns and other VSTi (including actual Virus) and still loading up ok without any hanging or crashes here in Cubase.

So just this automation issue this evening. (which also happens when Viper is the sole synth in a new project. I did this to rule out a screwy/corrupt project)

edit: Also just to add that CPU use seems lower in the full version, unless I just got unlucky and checked out some hog presets in the demo version. Pleased with that.

I think the Gui looks very polished, the knobs look nice, even the drop down fonts are familiar :tu: it is all very nicely done. Feels solid other than this one small problem that I can work around for now.

I am sorry to hear about your automation troubles. Do you mind showing me a video because I cannot replicate the issue, maybe I am doing something wrong.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Ok thanks for trying Adam..video not easily possible. Although a video would show only what I have written. There is not a lot to get wrong. Write automation by moving GUI knobs.. knob does not produce envelope in automation lane any thing like anticipated. And when you grab the knob to correct on a second pass it resists your attempt at moving the knob presumably trying to play back nonsense data it created.

I will triple check this and see if I missed something.

I may have a clue as to what is going on here, maybe anyway. I created new project and loaded Viper and it automated in Cubase as it should do. (Contrary to what happened yesterday) Then I went back to my original "track in progress" project and experienced the automation problem.

It maybe something related to having used the demo of 64 bit Viper in that project then installing the full version. Where the demo existed it is replaced with the licenced Viper. (though Cubase shows Viper 64 demo on the project boot as if it has not quite worked out what happened fully.) So I am going to guess this is some problem related to having had the demo and upgraded to full.

I am hoping every newly started project with viper in (purely for a pure test) over the next few days is now bug free and this is Cubase hang over from going from demo to full Viper in the track in progress project. I will let you know.

And I am sending you a video of the issue, it is truly the worst piece of holding a mobile and playing keyboard videography you will have ever seen.

I am absolutely loving Viper. The sound quality is mind blowing.

One strange thing that occurs when loading new instances (Windows 7 Reaper 64 bit) is that it will hang for a bit, then the gui will flash behind the Reaper window before it reappears in the the fx window.

This also occurs when reopening a project. Each instance of Viper hangs and flashes behind the main Reaper window before scanning the next instance and repeating, so a project with multiple instances takes a lot longer than normal.

Not sure if this is a Flowstone thing and so far my only crash has occurred during a reload of a project seeming to be caused by what I tried to describe.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

chk071 wrote:Because it wipes the floor with other soft synths? ;)
That's being easy on other soft synths. Viper completely destroys most other soft synths, they look like little babies in diapers in comparison. Once you try Viper, the other soft synths (and I've tried many of them) will never be the same again.

FLStudiouser94 wrote:
That's being easy on other soft synths. Viper completely destroys most other soft synths, they look like little babies in diapers in comparison. Once you try Viper, the other soft synths (and I've tried many of them) will never be the same again.
Every softsynth is unique in its own way.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

It seems the automation issues no longer exist in any new project so this seemed specific to something happening in my project. That's good. 8)

FLStudiouser94 wrote:
I wouldn't say that it destroys Diva. But yeah, it's a big step up from, say, Sylenth1.
I only wish that Viper was available some 10 years ago...

Dont know what you are talking about "destroying synths" but i saw armin van burren tutorial and he just using interneral logic synth for simple saw , same for the reverb and its sounds wow .
Even robert babictz says 90% of his bass is from interneral synth in logic from sine wave.

In his 2016 Masterclass Armin mostly uses Sylenth1 and Nexus2 into the Arts Acoustic Reverb. Oh, and Fabfilter Saturn for distortion. :)

Viper is just one of many tools, and those who love the Virus hardware will certainly like it.

I have sent out a newsletter with a new version of Viper which fixes the crashes people had with the 64 bit and large projects. Please make sure you use that version!
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Return to “Instruments”