One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

here is my contribution:

https://soundcloud.com/theseth/osc-1121

DAW: Propellerheads Reason 9.5
Synth1 Instances: 14x , all from scratch, but nothing fancy

Reason fx:
15x EQ
4x compressor

I'm out guys......I give up. synth1 simply does not function properly in Logic X. I went forward with only one of the filters working, but keep hearing timing issues, sometimes subtle, sometimes severe. Its just too inconsistent to really spend the time polishing a track to completion. Good luck to everyone. Its a great sounding synth, but simply is not capable of working smoothly within Logic X (AU64-bit)
Logic Pro X : Prophet Rev2, Blofeld, Toraiz-AS1, Model D, Minibrute, MOTU 828x, Presonus Eris E7's, dozens of pedals

My entry for this month:

https://soundcloud.com/ontrackp/osc-112 ... re-it-goes

Synth 1 is buggy in Logic Pro X, although it seems I've had better luck than some others -- filter doesn't work with LP12, the other filters are inconsistent, knobs have a tendency to jump to full value while making fine adjustments, envelopes get a little random at times (as in stop having any effect), etc... so sound design is a bit of a challenge. Midi controller assignment was a mystery wrapped in an enigma that often resulted in random rapid waveform changes on oscillator 1.

35 instances, all original in Logic Pro X. Logic compressors, reverb, EQ, OTT on a couple of tracks, Marvel GEQ, Logic multipresser and Limiter No6 on master bus.

Enjoy....

Well, I'm cursed...
...won't be any music from me anymore for a long time. My "new" masterkeyboard Akai MK-88 now decided to have the modwheel broken, too, besides the pitch wheel, which I had fixed twice. I can't afford to get a new one now and no idea how long it will be until I can again, so... it's been a nice time, you're a great bunch and I will miss you!

Cheers everyone! :)

Taron wrote:Well, I'm cursed..
...won't be any music from me anymore for a long time. My "new" masterkeyboard Akai MK-88 now decided to have the modwheel broken, too, besides the pitch wheel, which I had fixed twice. I can't afford to get a new one now and no idea how long it will be until I can again, so... it's been a nice time, you're a great bunch and I will miss you!

No, don't let that stop you!!
Can you still input keynote from akai?
I don't use either, mod or pitch when inputting , you can tell can't you :)
Make it a Onesynth, keys only challenge :D,
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Taron wrote:Well, I'm cursed...

Time to break out the old midi draw pencil tool!! It's an experiment in patience all of it's own :D
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Eauson wrote:
Taron wrote:Well, I'm cursed..

No, don't let that stop you!!
Can you still input keynote from akai?
I don't use either, mod or pitch when inputting , you can tell can't you :)
Make it a Onesynth, keys only challenge :D,
Or may be PC keyboard, like me? You are master. These small hiccups can't stop you. :hug:

Taron wrote:Well, I'm cursed...

Sorry to hear of the gear troubles, but please try to come up with something -- your music and feedback has been a great part of OSC!

AH, thanks guys, really! We shall see what happens. By now I just take it as a hint of fate. I just have to figure out what exactly it means besides its demoralizing effect. I guess, I'm extra sad, because I really wanted to make a track for Synth1 again. But it also shows me that I can no longer sit around and wait for something. I need to get started, finishing up some of my apps and start selling, I suppose. I will have to make the system validate my efforts. It just doesn't magically happen by itself.
When I'll have managed to kick off this new life, everything will make sense again and I'll be back. I might try to "paint" a little send-off song, who knows, but yeah... in the meantime I'm just grateful for y'all. :hug:

Yeah, thanks Mr. T. Your help has been invaluable - do drop in to the OSC's though, where you may find some special cheeze now and then just for you! :hihi: :hihi:

Know what you mean about gear! My Oxygen 8 was on the floor in my study/studio - cat decided to pee in it! :dog: What do you do with a box with cat pee slopping around in it (how much does a cat pee anyway???). Managed to get it between the keys and the knobs etc! Had to dismantle it, clean, disinfect, dry out, etc. Only one pot is slightly flakey now - might need to replace that one. Good job I have a second Oxygen anyway (2 ebay bids won! :lol: )

Gotta keep her off the 88 keys though!

Good luck in the future with your apps etc. :tu: You will be missed for sure. :clap: :clap:

dB

https://soundcloud.com/trojakew/into-the-void
21 instances of Synth1

DAW FX's:
2x Maximus
4x Fruity parametric EQ 2
4x Soundgoodizer
4x Fruity Reeverb
1x EQUO
1x Fruity Stereo Enhancer

Other FX's:
6x VST zOne Amplio 2
3x VST zOne Quo
2x OrilRiver

TrojakEW wrote:https://soundcloud.com/trojakew/into-the-void
21 instances of Synth1

DAW FX's:
2x Maximus
4x Fruity parametric EQ 2
4x Soundgoodizer
4x Fruity Reeverb
1x EQUO
1x Fruity Stereo Enhancer

Other FX's:
6x VST zOne Amplio 2
3x VST zOne Quo
2x OrilRiver
Amazing sound design and composition. Nice melody with oriental touch.

Your track reminds me this epic track, a bollywood movie song:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Qwpyb6o_oqw

Thank you, but as you can hear there is big problem with harsh sound here. The more I make it sound balancced accross different headphones and speakers the worse it become overall. Most of time on this track I spent with taming those frequencies but I failed :hihi: .

OSC 112 ThePresent - Dish Number 49

https://soundcloud.com/thepresentmusic/ ... -number-49

Cubase 6.5

36 instances of Synth1

All sounds from scratch except one (Synth1 default sound)

Mixing Plugins:
Airwindows ADClip7
Airwindows Ironoxide Classic
Airwindows Hard Vacuum
Cubase Autopan
Cubase Compressor
Cubase Studio EQ
Cubase Roomworks
Cubase Reverence
Cubase DaTube
Cubase Stereo Enhancer
Cubase Mono Delay
Cubase Stereo Delay
Klanghelm DC1A2
Klanghelm MJUC jr
Melda MEqualizer
VladG Molot
TDR Nova
TDR VOS Slick EQ

Mastering Plugins:
TDR VOS Slick EQ
TDR Kotelnikov
TDR Nova
Airwindows NC-17
George Yongh W-1 Limiter
Cubase SLM 128
Voxengo SPAN

My entry - 'Battle of the Teutoburg Forest'

https://soundcloud.com/user-947450193/o ... -cinematic

30 instances of synth1 in Ableton. Almost all patches are modified from freely available patch banks.

FX
- EQ Eight X 19
- Utility X 29
- Compressor X 5
- Limiter X 8
- Delay X 2
- Reverb X 4
- Convolution Reverb X 4 (Send)
- Oril River X 21 (Send)
- Ozone Imager X 1
Last edited by generaldiomedes on Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”