Innocence

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello friends,

"Innocence" is a simple/no-complex/easy on the ears/downtempo melodic track, inspired by studio ghibli flicks of 80s/90s. Do give it a listen when you can, I hope some of you will like it. :)

https://soundcloud.com/baalisoda/innocence

Cheers! :tu:

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.625

Comments: Very nice song. Mix just a bit on the dull side. Maybe some EQ in a few spots. Like the arrangement on this. Changes kept it interesting.

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.625

Comments: Very nice song. Mix just a bit on the dull side. Maybe some EQ in a few spots. Like the arrangement on this. Changes kept it interesting.
Thank you so much for giving it a listen and your wonderful feedback, my friend! #ReallyAppreciateIt :tu:

I think it is a nice and laidback tune :)
I agree with Wagtunes that it can benefit from a bit of EQ-boost in the high end to enhance the clarity/sparkle. Amongst the lead sounds I think the flute is the most soothing and nice to listen to.

Torden wrote:I think it is a nice and laidback tune :)
I agree with Wagtunes that it can benefit from a bit of EQ-boost in the high end to enhance the clarity/sparkle. Amongst the lead sounds I think the flute is the most soothing and nice to listen to.
Thanks for valuable feedback, my friend! :tu:

For the flute part, I have used Shakuhachi :)

Nice little ditty, there seems like too much compression, on the full track and the drums which takes away from the other instrumentation, somewhat overpowers the piece,. This is just my personal opinion, so please take with a grain of salt. :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote:Nice little ditty, there seems like too much compression, on the full track and the drums which takes away from the other instrumentation, somewhat overpowers the piece,. This is just my personal opinion, so please take with a grain of salt. :)
Thanks for the detailed feedback, my friend. I will definitely check the mix again for the over-compression :tu:

i love this. Also reminds me a bit of The Neverending Story. :hyper: Not really sure i agree with the over-compressed comment, but the mix would definitely be helped with a bit of a lift in the high end, as others have said.

Also, the flute in the middle really makes me want there to be other acoustic elements in the rest of the song to sort of balance it out. When that flute comes in, it really jars you out of the synthpop vibe and makes you realize how great it would be to get other acoustic sounds in there. Maybe layer some really subtle things in?

baalisoda wrote:
Eauson wrote:Nice little ditty, there seems like too much compression, on the full track and the drums which takes away from the other instrumentation, somewhat overpowers the piece,. This is just my personal opinion, so please take with a grain of salt. :)
Thanks for the detailed feedback, my friend. I will definitely check the mix again for the over-compression :tu:
Its solely because, listening on a small scale speaker, a bouyer orb and my tablet, the beginning starts to shake the speaker and progressing through the piece, the loudest item is the snappy kick, ( the delicate nature of ghibli/Japanese anime has always been the hand drawn quality, earthsea is okay, but not the same) together with some other areas where It also occurs.
Its only an opinion :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

I like the nice laid back feel to this, very easy on the ears. I don't think the drums are over compressed but a little top end sheen may lift the track. Nice job - reposted.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

voidhead23 wrote:i love this. Also reminds me a bit of The Neverending Story. :hyper: Not really sure i agree with the over-compressed comment, but the mix would definitely be helped with a bit of a lift in the high end, as others have said.

Also, the flute in the middle really makes me want there to be other acoustic elements in the rest of the song to sort of balance it out. When that flute comes in, it really jars you out of the synthpop vibe and makes you realize how great it would be to get other acoustic sounds in there. Maybe layer some really subtle things in?
Thanks for checking it out and providing valuable inputs, my friend :) I will sure look into your suggestions on the mix as well as composition. :tu:

biodiode wrote:I like the nice laid back feel to this, very easy on the ears. I don't think the drums are over compressed but a little top end sheen may lift the track. Nice job - reposted.
Thank you so much for the kind words and repost, sir! #ReallyAppreciateIt :tu:

Love it. Sounds perfect to me.
:tu:

Unreflected wrote:Love it. Sounds perfect to me.
:tu:
Thanks for giving it a listen and your kind words, my friend! :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”