Best synthesizer for a home studio (professional analog sound)

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

akeia wrote:
so I could spend around 2000 €
One can buy A LOT of excellent soft synths for that kind of money. The best from U-He(analog), Xils(analog), Korg(analog), Waldorf(wavetable) and AAS(physical modelling) and a good quality weighted keyboard controller with a bunch of knobs and ribbons in my opinion is the most "professional" solution.
yeah thats right, but I really wanna have a synth with a nice a "knob per function" interface :)
thecontrolcentre wrote:Consider some of the cheaper semi-modular analog monosynths that seem to abound these days. The new Minibrute's look awesome, as does Roland SE-02. The Dreadbox stuff is interesting too. I have a Doepfer Dark Energy that I love. It depends what you're looking for in an "analog synth". Are presets important? Polyphony, etc ...
what do you think about a minibrute 2 + an modular effect rack?

and what about the rev2?

The Nord synths have a knob per function last time I looked...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote:The Nord synths have a knob per function last time I looked...
They do. Awesome synths, but they're not analog ... ;)
wurschtel wrote: what do you think about a minibrute 2 + an modular effect rack?

and what about the rev2?
I own a Microbrute. The new Minibrute's sound great, and could be a good way to start a modular setup. Same thing with the Moog Mother (imho). I don't know the Rev2. I've just bought a Dreadbox Abyss. Its being delivered today. 8)

thecontrolcentre wrote:
BertKoor wrote:The Nord synths have a knob per function last time I looked...
They do. Awesome synths, but they're not analog ... ;)
wurschtel wrote: what do you think about a minibrute 2 + an modular effect rack?

and what about the rev2?
I own a Microbrute. The new Minibrute's sound great, and could be a good way to start a modular setup. Same thing with the Moog Mother (imho). I don't know the Rev2. I've just bought a Dreadbox Abyss. Its being delivered today. 8)
Oh nice, than congrats! I was today in a musicstore and yeah, the minibrute 2 sounds great!

Listen to the demos from https://www.youtube.com/user/magikroom/videos
And try the synths in some store...

Blade Runner type with some synths...
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... stcount=60

MIDI controller for VSTs
http://sound-force.nl/?page_id=2318

wurschtel wrote:I would love to get an analog one :) do you think that analoge synthesizer still sound better than digital imitations like “diva” and others?
Not at all. Quite the opposite. I've owned more than a dozen analogue synths in my time and none of them come close to the sound of my best softsynths, like Vacuum Pro, and I'd rank them as slightly behind the best digital hardware synths, like the Korg Prophecy or Novation Ultranova.

Think about it for a moment - my favourite analogue synth is my Elektron Analog Keys and at best it can output 16 oscillators (2 x Osc, 2 x SubOsc times 4 voices), whereas Vacuum Pro can output the sound of up to 192 oscillators (4 part unison per osc, 2 osc per part, 2 parts - total 32 - with 6 voice polyphony). It can sound literally 12 times as big/fat and if even that isn't enough, I can add as many more instances of it as my CPU can handle and I'll end up with thousands of oscillators all contributing at once. You just can't beat that with hardware. My Ultranova is also able to outperform the Analog Keys in a lot of situations, thanks to it's 18 voice polyphony and 3 osc per voice architecture. It also has 16 different filter modes and far more comprehensive modulation options.

I love my Analog Keys, it's an amazing instrument that is capable of incredible things and I'd recommend it in a heartbeat, but I don't for a moment think it can outdo my best softsynths or digital hardware synths. If I could only have one hardware synth, it would be the Ultranova, not the Analog Keys and I'm pretty sure that if my bandmate could only have one hardware synth, he'd choose his Prophecy over his Subsequent 37cv.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Why don't you go to a music instrument shop and play with the synths and decide for yourself which one best suits your needs?

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”