ZYNAPTIQ Intensity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Intensity

denis can you guys please make ONE installer where you can choose 32 bit and 64 bit instead of running 2 installers? :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

zynaptiq wrote:
sircuit wrote:[
Isn't the sharpen of an image enhancing the edges and thus making the image "sharp"? In order for a hair to be visible the effect is to darken the hair while simultaneusly lighten the surrounding area. A sharp image hase more separation visually.

If I were to compare sharpness with an audio property that would be the transients. A sharp sound is a a sound with audible transients and clear separation between elements.
Actually, that's what I used to think before we made a sharpener/blur product. Intuitively, that's what you'd think - but you're describing CONTRAST, not SHARPNESS.
This is from a photographer: "Sharpness can be defined as edge contrast, that is, the contrast along edges in a photo. When we increase sharpness, we increase the contrast only along/near edges in the photo while leaving smooth areas of the image alone." Let's agree that the truth is somewhere in the middle this time :)

Thank you for the entire input, I read it with maximum interest - as I always do as I appreciate your plugs (by the way, offtopic & no need to answer to this but an update to support High Sierra and get the presets sorted alphabetically again would be nice).

Still trying to find ways to use this plug, I'm A/B-ing against various settings of Oxford Inflator, Oxford Envolution, DSM and TDR Comp/Lim (that makes Intensity's price quite competitive :) ) which I developed over time and in many scenarios I can match with no issues Intensity (now in all honesty, I clip many of the tracks/submixes in the project and I get a fairly loud sound with no processing on the master channel - also just to make sure I'm not going too hot I placed a -20dB utility before Intensity and a +20dB after).

I'll try to make some minimalistic projects these days and further test it on acoustic instruments other than guitar and ambient sounds. Also, the fact I'm more "vocal" than other users here is just because I test a lot (on real production scenarios, not test tones & stuff). For example no one ever said in another synth thread that the respective synth had bugs that crash the daw and I discovered a couple, I'm trying to say that I really try the stuff in all scenarios I can think of. Cheers!

bbtr wrote:
zynaptiq wrote:Hmm. I'll settle for a PRECISION button for the intensity and saturate dials. 8)
That's a promise?
That's a feature request? :D Meaning: if that's something that would have value for our users, then sure, that's something we'd be happy to do.
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

Caine123 wrote:denis can you guys please make ONE installer where you can choose 32 bit and 64 bit instead of running 2 installers? :)
We do have that on our wish-list, absolutely (and especially for the ZAP II bundle it'd be great to have one installer for everything). However as trivial as it sounds it's quite a headache mixing bit depths in one context in Windows.

Actually, medium term, we'd love to do a "Zynaptiq stuff manager" that can install plugins, get updates, manage licenses, file support tickets, and manage newsletter subscriptions etc. Would be MUCH easier for the user now that we have quite a bunch of plugins in a bunch of formats and bit depths and binary versions etc. Launch app, click on the "get latest stuff for all of these", done. Or Click "download and install all the things I own". It's not trivial though, companies that have that sort of stuff typically dedicate a department of developers to that that is bigger than our entire team 8)
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

sircuit wrote:
zynaptiq wrote:(by the way, offtopic & no need to answer to this but an update to support High Sierra and get the presets sorted alphabetically again would be nice).
Yes, totally! Just for clarity's sake: we do support High Sierra – works fine. Just two things specific to High Sierra that don't (yet) behave quite as expected:

1) as you wrote, presets may appear in non-alphabetical ordering. We're puzzled by this issue. There will be a fix as soon as we figure this out.

2) reboot after install so that the AU version shows up; what's going on there is that the AU Cache is read by the OS only once immediately after booting. hence, a plugin will only start showing up after a reboot. Duh.

zynaptiq wrote:
sircuit wrote:
zynaptiq wrote:(by the way, offtopic & no need to answer to this but an update to support High Sierra and get the presets sorted alphabetically again would be nice).
Yes, totally! Just for clarity's sake: we do support High Sierra – works fine. Just two things specific to High Sierra that don't (yet) behave quite as expected:

1) as you wrote, presets may appear in non-alphabetical ordering. We're puzzled by this issue. There will be a fix as soon as we figure this out.

2) reboot after install so that the AU version shows up; what's going on there is that the AU Cache is read by the OS only once immediately after booting. hence, a plugin will only start showing up after a reboot. Duh.
Everyone figured out (at least from the manufacturers I own plugins) so if you're friends with Urs or TDR or any other plug-in mfr they can give you a tip. Seriously. Reboot after install is rarely needed now (back when High Sierra was launched and the current Logic version at that time indeed was necessary for any new plug-in installation). I don't know what fixed it: if is because latest Logic update changed something or macOS minor updates...

As for updates, please send a newsletter when updates available for any product - I suppose it's going to be a couple of times a year so it would not look like spam.

zynaptiq wrote:Actually, medium term, we'd love to do a "Zynaptiq stuff manager" that can install plugins, get updates, manage licenses, file support tickets, and manage newsletter subscriptions etc. Would be MUCH easier for the user now that we have quite a bunch of plugins in a bunch of formats and bit depths and binary versions etc. Launch app, click on the "get latest stuff for all of these", done. Or Click "download and install all the things I own".
No, please don't... Already too many separate manager/service center/access applications out there. I'm already about to sell many plugins that need such a thing. It would be sad to pass on Zynaptiq too.

mike_the_ranger wrote: No, please don't... Already too many separate manager/service center/access applications out there. I'm already about to sell many plugins that need such a thing. It would be sad to pass on Zynaptiq too.
Interesting. This thinking is based on user requests that we received – we'd love to hear more thoughts on that.

sircuit wrote:(back when High Sierra was launched and the current Logic version at that time indeed was necessary for any new plug-in installation). I don't know what fixed it: if is because latest Logic update changed something or macOS minor updates.
Well, then it's probably fixed already.

zynaptiq wrote:
mike_the_ranger wrote: No, please don't... Already too many separate manager/service center/access applications out there. I'm already about to sell many plugins that need such a thing. It would be sad to pass on Zynaptiq too.
Interesting. This thinking is based on user requests that we received – we'd love to hear more thoughts on that.
Just read some more Kvr threads - you´ll find out. One of the most discussed single topic.

Adaptiverb and Morph are previous Zynaptiq plugs that I've demo'ed, and they just weren't my thing, but I've been moved to purchase INTENSITY. Really a stellar effect that takes some time to figure out how to use well. Seems the usual tricks with saturation aren't received too kindly by INTENSITY, and I've been post-EQing with the likes of PSP Audio's PreQursor.

I know that after release is the worst time to suggest new features, but I'd appreciate it if, when switching from "preset" bias curves to "custom," that the "preset" settings would be set in the "custom" display as a starting point for further tweaking. The Sly-Fi Axis EQ does this to great advantage.

All the best to Zynaptiq!
Last edited by cturner on Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

mike_the_ranger wrote:
zynaptiq wrote:Actually, medium term, we'd love to do a "Zynaptiq stuff manager" that can install plugins, get updates, manage licenses, file support tickets, and manage newsletter subscriptions etc. Would be MUCH easier for the user now that we have quite a bunch of plugins in a bunch of formats and bit depths and binary versions etc. Launch app, click on the "get latest stuff for all of these", done. Or Click "download and install all the things I own".
No, please don't... Already too many separate manager/service center/access applications out there. I'm already about to sell many plugins that need such a thing. It would be sad to pass on Zynaptiq too.
Yes! Please do. I prefer product installers over individual installers. They make it much easier for me to update and manage my plugins. I'd rather run one app from a company and manage the plugin from there than having to go to the site, see if there are upgrades, download the installers and then run them. Ugh. :phones:

zynaptiq wrote:...
For the ones interested, login-out from your account will do.

I too, don't like much those installer/updater manager.
Plus, at the moment, you guys don't have hundreds of plugins, so.
Just my 2 cents anyway.

Thanks Denis for your presence here.

plexuss wrote:
mike_the_ranger wrote:
Yes! Please do. I prefer product installers over individual installers. They make it much easier for me to update and manage my plugins. I'd rather run one app from a company and manage the plugin from there than having to go to the site, see if there are upgrades, download the installers and then run them. Ugh. :phones:
No! Please don't invest your valuable time in something like that. It is only useful for users already owning many of your plugins (which is only a minor part of your users I'd say) but takes lots of time and effort to develop securely and functional. Or at least please make it optional, not a requirement.

nordickvr wrote:
I too, don't like much those installer/updater manager.
Plus, at the moment, you guys don't have hundreds of plugins, so.
Just my 2 cents anyway.
Agreed, it's different for, let's say, Melda, where the plugins make their own platform almost.

However, since the (great freebie!) Subspace installer was a whopping 380 MB in size, I thought installing an entire platform was exactly what was going on.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Return to “Effects”