Softube American Class A

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’m curious as in to whether the native UI is the same that runs with Console One?!?

simon.a.billington wrote:I’m curious as in to whether the native UI is the same that runs with Console One?!?
No, it's a different UI. The native version has the knobs whereas the Console 1 version is like all the other prior releases.

I've been demoing this for a few days now, and I have to say it's grown on me. It does sound better than my other API equivalents, but I'm mostly liking it because I'm finding it easy to dial in the sound I'm after with the shaper, EQ, comp, and drive combo. It also seems relatively light on CPU and latency.

Astonishing low cpu in relation to the sound is typical for Softube. Don't know how they do it...

sl1200mk2 wrote:
simon.a.billington wrote:I’m curious as in to whether the native UI is the same that runs with Console One?!?
No, it's a different UI. The native version has the knobs whereas the Console 1 version is like all the other prior releases.
Yeah this is what I suspected. In some way it’s a good thing, keeping the Console One interface consistent. But in another way it could have been a good opportunity for them to refresh all the UIs for that more analogue feel. Or at least, off the user the choice between the two.

That said, there’s nothing horribly wrong with the current Console One interface anyway.

rasmusklump wrote:Astonishing low cpu in relation to the sound is typical for Softube. Don't know how they do it...
I believe they sacrifice puppy dogs to their great code god and live a life high on the fumes of their CEO, Oscar Oberg’s armpits.

Assuming the tales are true. :ud: :lol:

db3 wrote:I've been demoing this for a few days now, and I have to say it's grown on me. It does sound better than my other API equivalents, but I'm mostly liking it because I'm finding it easy to dial in the sound I'm after with the shaper, EQ, comp, and drive combo. It also seems relatively light on CPU and latency.
Agreed. It is a workhorse. It has quickly replaced all my low cpu basic channel plugins. Hmmm. I guess I'll have a waves/plugin alliance sell soon, because this one works well. Maybe it'll be an underated gem someday b/c I've been pushing it and haven't found anything that doesn't sound good...no extreme settings are out of bounds in other words.

Is this zero-latency? Oversampling? Anyone toss it in Plugin Doctor and check it out for aliasing? That's one area where I was never impressed with Softube plugins in the past.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Is this zero-latency? Oversampling? Anyone toss it in Plugin Doctor and check it out for aliasing? That's one area where I was never impressed with Softube plugins in the past.
It's near zero..I've been testing it on every track and haven't noticed lag. In cubase, so I'm not sure how close to zero it is but running at a 64 buffer is fine for tracking so I wouldn't guess that it has any latency. Someone should test it thoroughly, but It's convinced me to buy it once my demo expires. It's the most useful softube plugin I've come across besides Tsar.

Are there any pics of the native (non Console 1) GUI??

jbarish wrote:Are there any pics of the native (non Console 1) GUI??
It's the same one shown everywhere. A Box with a few modules basically.

db3 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:05 pm
cturner wrote:
db3 wrote:I'm demoing purely out of curiosity, but my Waves API 2500 & 550B seem good enough to cover this American need.
I feel the same way, but to the extent this emulates API, I doubt that’s a 2500 compressor:
https://www.lsraudio.com/VLB525.html
Or more likely the 225L, as I’m told:
http://www.apiaudio.com/product.php?id=116
Yeah noted. Though, I'm happy enough being in the API ball park for a fraction of the price.
...of course if it were $49 and not $249 I'd snap it up :D
<5 years later> And it's now $49! It took a while, but we finally got here.

Not worth the money imo drive sounds terrible imo

Sorry, I didn't had the Api, I had that Neve emu, so I don't know.
I am tempted, but next year it might be €19 only, I remember they always had some € 19 deal all of a sudden

Return to “Effects”