VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Halonmusic wrote:
sqigls wrote:Karma FX Synth.
Very rarely use it, unable to sell it.
NFR ?
Yup.
Not only THAT, my purchase is apparently restricted to one operating system.
like, if I want the Windows version I'll need to fork out another $50 or something.

so lame

sqigls wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
sqigls wrote:Karma FX Synth.
Very rarely use it, unable to sell it.
NFR ?
Yup.
Not only THAT, my purchase is apparently restricted to one operating system.
like, if I want the Windows version I'll need to fork out another $50 or something.

so lame
:(
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

generaldiomedes wrote:
AdvancedFollower wrote:I don't regret buying any particular synth, however I do regret buying too many similar synths.
I own Hive, Sylenth1, Viper and Dune 2. They are all great synths, but there's quite a bit of overlap. Sure they each have their own character and some unique feature, but I didn't really need all 4. I would have been better off buying 1 or 2 of them, and spend the rest on something completely different.
That is my problem as well - yet I cannot seem to part with any of them!
Yup, sounds about right for me as well! :lol:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

PPG Wave Generator. I think it has a horrific GUI, the sound is quite boring IMO, and PPG doesn't allow selling the license so I'm stuck with it.

For all of these you regret buying, was there a demo version?

Examigan wrote:For all of these you regret buying, was there a demo version?
Actually, yes there was. I downloaded it, tested it, worked fine. Bought the "real" version and had nothing but constant crashes. I tried working with this synth for a couple of years before I finally gave up and sold my license.

That is the only synth I regret buying. Everything else I've purchased I've used and am happy with the purchase.

But then again I'm pretty easy to please. Decent size GUI and relatively few bugs is all I look for.

Ok, but for someone like Ed A.: "I think it has a horrific GUI, the sound is quite boring IMO"

...don't buy the full version if you demo'ed it.

Sometimes there is, and sometimes not! Personally, I don't find the demo 'thing' very related! Some synths I bought without demoing (or just one minute demo and then click the 'buy' button!) but I have never regret buying them, and sometimes I have demoed them more than once and for a year, then I regret buying them!

I don't find regret buying something is a big deal really! Unless regret buying everything! It takes time to know the synth and, more importantly is, to know if it would be useful for me (aka, using it in my music making).

Lately, I bought two synths that I never used! They were cheap and not bad at all when I demoed them, but I just couldn't like their character. They are Circle 2 and Fathom. I regret buying them sometimes, but not a big deal ;)

Synths that I like but I don't use a lot (can't say I regret buying them though!) are: Go2, Sylenth1, Tal-Mod, Synclavier V, RePro, Arturia Lab, FM4 (RE), Padshop Pro, Harmor and Largo.

Examigan wrote:Ok, but for someone like Ed A.: "I think it has a horrific GUI, the sound is quite boring IMO"

...don't buy the full version if you demo'ed it.
Oh yeah, absolutely. I'll never in a million years understand how somebody can demo something, hate it and buy it anyway.

The sad thing is, the synth I eventually sold was really cool. It was probably one of the most unique synths I've ever owned. Incredibly difficult to program but so rewarding when you got something cool sounding out of it. But it was so buggy (turns out it was a Cubase conflict) that it wouldn't even render. You couldn't freeze the track or anything.

Still bugs me to this day because it was one cool sounding synth.

I wonder why Falcon has no demo version?
Maybe they could just make a two or three day time-limited demo.

EnGee wrote:
Sometimes there is, and sometimes not! Personally, I don't find the demo 'thing' very related! Some synths I bought without demoing (or just one minute demo and then click the 'buy' button!) but I have never regret buying them, and sometimes I have demoed them more than once and for a year, then I regret buying them!

I don't find regret buying something is a big deal really! Unless regret buying everything! It takes time to know the synth and, more importantly is, to know if it would be useful for me (aka, using it in my music making).

Lately, I bought two synths that I never used! They were cheap and not bad at all when I demoed them, but I just couldn't like their character. They are Circle 2 and Fathom. I regret buying them sometimes, but not a big deal ;)

Synths that I like but I don't use a lot (can't say I regret buying them though!) are: Go2, Sylenth1, Tal-Mod, Synclavier V, RePro, Arturia Lab, FM4 (RE), Padshop Pro, Harmor and Largo.
Wow those are some great synths you don't use much! Go2 is one of the lowest priced/best valued synths I can think of. Sylenth1 is...well, legendary. Syncalvier V is really cool and should get more attention. Repro 1 and 5 have an awesome sound.

Examigan wrote:
Wow those are some great synths you don't use much! Go2 is one of the lowest priced/best valued synths I can think of. Sylenth1 is...well, legendary. Syncalvier V is really cool and should get more attention. Repro 1 and 5 have an awesome sound.
Exactly! I have other great synths that I use, but I also feel guilty not to use the above :cry:

All of them seeing I'm not a synth person ( I'm a guitar person ) ... So .... Let's see , Madrona Labs Aalto , Camel Audio Alchemy , and Biotek1 ( Tracktion ) .... I think they are cool for what they are but I can't for the life of me program a patch worth a crap or even play piano worth a crap either ..... :hihi:

Hardware synth would be Nord Lead 3 rack. I bought it new. It was very expensive, so I took a big hit when I sold it. It sounded like a cheap VST plugin. I was originally planning on getting a nord modular G2, and bought the lead instead on a whim because I decided I wanted the interface more than a patching window.

I don't regret any of the software synths that I have licenses for. I think I could do without the komplete collection though, I don't find my self using much of it at all, except for reaktor. Also, FXPansion DCAM synth squad; never find myself using it.

Diversion, Blue 2 & Diva.

... Are 3 of the synths I regret buying the least.

See what I did I turned it into another what's your favorite softsynth thread heheheh :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”