Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

:phones: 2.12.2 Second Beta Update is now out, check your PM Email.

All host automation is now interpolated so everything should be smooth now.

Also a completely new Reverb Pro page shown again below.

Full release for everyone will be next Friday June 29 in time for the Fathom Friday sale and probably sooner.
fathom 10.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Plugin Boutique is promoting Fathom Synth, but the current publicity shot is giving the false impression that the polyphonic version can be had for FREE:

[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I don't see it, can you post the actual link?

FathomSynth wrote:I don't see it, can you post the actual link?
Here you go -- you'll find the promotion for Fathom Synth near the bottom:
https://mailchi.mp/pluginboutique/pibnl ... f78634fbf1
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

OK I see it. It might be a little confusing to put the 32 voices and "Free" together,
but it looks like an honest mistake since if you click on it the download link it goes to the Mono version.

i got it working now. i uninstalled Visual C++ 2017 & Visual C++ 2015 and then reinstalled Visual C++ 2015, which made Fathom work, and then reinstalled Visual C++ 2017, and Fathom continues to work
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

OK, thanks for reporting.

Actually that's really important information and might help a lot of people.
I'll put that in the installation instructions.

i wasn't using the beta, though; i was using the last official release. fwiw
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

Just a follow-up while continuing to test/play with Fathom.
I did add many midi modulators with good success except for one time so far.
I kept the Logic crash log.
If you want to check it, just let me know your preferred way for sending it to you.

Logic crashed on a MIDI modulation? Which dial?

Yes, go ahead and PM me the preset xml and crash log.

There's still time to fix it before the release.

OK, so reverb pro is working correctly here. Can't find any bugs.

Quick question though:

I am trying to make a percussive pluck like sound.
I have a LP filter being modulated by an envelope.
I can't find the trigger options I need. Am I missing something?
So I want the envelope to complete its cycle, even if I release the note quickly, I want the envelope to continue until the end.
Also, there is some legato type behaviour I want to turn off. If I already have a note held and press a second note, the second note will not start from the beginning of the envelope. I would like every note to always start from the beginning of the envelope, even if other notes are currently held.

Not sure if these options are already there and I have missed them, please advise, thanks.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

FathomSynth wrote:...go ahead and PM me the preset xml and crash log...
Pm'd

jmg8 wrote:OK, so reverb pro is working correctly here. Can't find any bugs.

Quick question though:

I am trying to make a percussive pluck like sound.
I have a LP filter being modulated by an envelope.
I can't find the trigger options I need. Am I missing something?
So I want the envelope to complete its cycle, even if I release the note quickly, I want the envelope to continue until the end.
Also, there is some legato type behaviour I want to turn off. If I already have a note held and press a second note, the second note will not start from the beginning of the envelope. I would like every note to always start from the beginning of the envelope, even if other notes are currently held.

Not sure if these options are already there and I have missed them, please advise, thanks.

One shot envelopes are not an option at the moment. I would like to have them as well.

You can use the note off parameter and set up a decay to get you clse but you still have to hold the key long enough to get to the sustain portion.

As far as the legato... make sure trigger is set to note not song.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

I have trigger mode set to note. However it still doesn't re-trigger the envelope if another note is already held.

Thanks for your reply.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

OK, I can clear this up a little.

You're right, there is currently no way to do this exactly. What you are trying to do is use a one shot envelope that also ends the note amplitude when envelope is finished regardless of how long the note lasts.

But the problem is with the volume ADSR not the envelope on the parameter. Any envelope with Trigger set to Note and without the Note Off toggle line set, is by definition a one shot envelope. It will run through it's envelope once literally following exactly what you have set in the graph, and the envelope timing itself, disregarding for the moment if it is actually audible, will not be altered by the note length long or short. Which is exactly what you are asking.

The problem is getting the volume ADSR do do what you want, which currently it can't. What you really need is a volume ADSR that lasts as long as your other envelope regardless of the note length. Now you can do this with the volume ADSR decay phase by setting the volume ADSR note off line very close to the start and giving it a decay section equal to the length of the other envelope. Conversely you can do the same with the volome ADSR sustain phase. The problem is you can't do both.

What is really needed is a literal one shot volume ADSR which lasts a certain amount of time regardless of the note length.

So I will add this as a toggle in the next release (sorry, it's too late for 2.12).

For the second issue, I'm not sure what you mean, if you are running polyphonic and an envelope is set to trigger by note it will always start from the beginning regardless of other notes being held. The only exception is if the smooth envelope setting is set then the envelope will start smoothly from where it was interrupted if playing the same note, but this does not effect other notes. I just tried it now, and I can't make it break in the way you are explaining, if envelopes are not being triggered properly in polyphonic mode, please list more exact steps so I can reproduce.

Return to “Instruments”