Transmigration (Rework) Deep Rhythmic Ambient

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So...had a bad Monday and what is best to calm down? Yep....create another track.
This time i took one of my favorite rhythmic ambient works and remixed it a bit, added some vocals and other FX and a bit of Moog´s Animoog.
Good headphones are recommended to fall in trance :)
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/t ... ion-rework

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9
Mix - 9

Overall - 9

Comments: Absolutely loved the way this started. Gotta give me the synths list for this one. LOL. Sorry you had a bad Monday.

If you live somewhere dry you look forward to the rains, the opening was very nice, almost like unrolling a magical moving picture, with the abstract percs and the slight offsetting of certain elements adding earpleasing variety.

About the only thing which didn't sit well for me was the kick at the beginning, maybe not so heavy, it distracted my listening experience, once the break came in though and you took the kick to a more jaunty non 4*4 it felt a bit better, but lost some context to the rest of the track, its got a lovely floating feel to it, the mix really is solid and played well on headphones. ( it was 50p well spent by me)
Second listen confirmed a pleasant passage of time spent. 8) :clap: :tu:

Liam
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Thoroughly enjoyed listening to it! Overall it was effective and well produced.

I liked the simple kick pattern that faded in early on...gave a stable bed for the whirling complexity above. I think, though, that it faded into a slightly too high level in the mix and was also a little dry for this context. I wouldn't normally advocate anything beyond minimal reverb on a kick, but in this piece I think it needs it.

The more intricate drum pattern towards the end didn't work as well for me...with everything else gong on it became rhythmically slightly messy?

Production-wise - it worked well, but I felt that:

Stereo Spread was too extreme on too many parts maybe?

Use of reverb could have been varied a little more...overall too wet on too many parts which made it a tad too 'mushy'?

This is great! All the ingredients are here. With a better mix, it could be amazing. The kick is overpowering. Sometimes too much reverb. A more conventional mix would be less distracting and allow us to focus on the music.

Return to “Music Cafe”