Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
devilnishy
KVRist

125 posts since 25 Oct, 2008

Postby devilnishy; Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:23 pm Naming and SHAMING.

Naming and Shaming. I would like to start a new thread in which forum users can name and shame those who have taken their money and not delivered on the goods they were selling. I am unsure of the forum rules so I invite the moderators to get in contact with me.
chillpill
KVRist

36 posts since 1 Mar, 2018

Postby chillpill; Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:34 pm Re: Naming and SHAMING.

For this to be fair on sellers and informative to the buying community, some guidelines must be established.
Eg:
you may only flag a seller as unreliable 1 week after money has been sent and no product/serial OR communication has been received.

Human error/system downtime/ and human*technology dumbassery should be accommodated to an extent. If the transaction is well-communicated yet is still taking longer than average for a typical transfer from that particular company, then some words of caution about the guy being slow AND his reasons for it should all be clearly stated and accurately reflected on the record.

Try to keep the effects of impatience and frustration at bay...and be prepared for other users here to call u out if UR not being reasonable. I've had transactions in the past where i was in the horrible position of needing to sell some software to buy new PC parts because both my computers were old and becoming unreliable for serious work. Using one of these unstable machines i found GB of sample libraries for a drum sampler i sold. Repackaged them into smaller sub-500MB zip files to upload. As it happened my ADSL line in the street had just been struck by lightning the week before and periodically disconnected randomly and wouldn't get fixed until (after 3 or 4 attempts) about 2 months later.
I couldn't risk uploading big gigs as one big zip file...it would never complete.
AND u can imagine just how stressful keeping up w regular work would have been, with the additional schlep of repackaging upload zips for a dodgy internet connection.

In the end i got everything to the guy. I kept him posted every day on progress. He never expressed any frustration during the transaction, seemed quite patient or resigned, but when he finally received everything he didn't even acknowledge his receipt or any gratitude.
I concur a story like that sounds made up. But it's actually very true. And then to have no basic gratitude after the fact...that's just wrong. When u receive something, say thanks, (the most basic human social skills)... unless there was a delivery timeframe clause that was infringed and now the plugin is useless to u, then just say sorry, too late (after explaining the time-sensitive nature of the transaction up front).

Anyway, i probably won't sell anything to that guy again just for his odd non-communication after he got the stuff! Weird.

But my one request here is that this thread doesn't turn into a knee-jerk name n shame n roast spot just because emotions are running high n ur having a dog of a day n want to fight. That would be very unfair to legit sellers who are just having a bit of a bumpy time. U don't always know what's going on in the other guys life, so pls keep ur flamethrower set to standby.
Thanks, Paul.
SolarAxix
KVRist

86 posts since 3 Feb, 2017

Postby SolarAxix; Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:38 pm Re: Naming and SHAMING.

I think it's a good idea to keep track of negative selling experiences, and I am not being flippant, but I thought that's what the Feedback Thread was for (both positive and negative selling experiences)?
ShawnG
KVRian

578 posts since 27 Apr, 2005

Postby ShawnG; Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:36 pm Re: Naming and SHAMING.

right. feedback thread is the place for it, as that is the one place everyone looks at when making a trust decision here. generally though, on the few occasions when its been really bad, the "drama in the marketplace" threads will naturally arise, and be very noticeable as well.

If you are going to post negative feedback, though, you better make damn sure that it is legit. Most will take a VERY dim view of false or frivolous accusations, and you may find yourself in the blackballed situation you imagined for another.
Aloysius
KVRAF

21743 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:04 pm Re: Fat SHAMING.

I wonder if we could get a group-buy going on Torches and Pitchforks.
Impeach 64. Keep 32-bit Plug-ins alive.
ATN69
KVRAF

1773 posts since 5 Oct, 2015, from Swedish / Living in Hong Kong

Postby ATN69; Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:35 pm Re: Naming and SHAMING.

I never saw any negative comments in the regular feedback thread. I don't think anyone actually would leave negative comments in that thread. I believe most people have a bad experience will simply not leave any comments in the regular feedback thread at all. I know I wouldn't. Not everyone are patient and some members are too quick to pull the guns out. Before posting negative feedback there should be no reason of doubt. It should be a very clear case with some proof that the seller tried to scam or behaving bad.

Some times life can get in the way for a smooth deal. It might be technical reasons, health reasons of the parties involved, some third part that doesn't handle the license transfer, etc. Communication is everything during the ongoing transaction, and that goes both ways. I believe in the idea that everyone are innocent until proven otherwise, and that should be the motto in a negative feedback thread.

Wrongful accusations can lead to bad consequences.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10
ATN69
KVRAF

1773 posts since 5 Oct, 2015, from Swedish / Living in Hong Kong

Postby ATN69; Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:36 pm Re: Fat SHAMING.

Aloysius wrote:I wonder if we could get a group-buy going on Torches and Pitchforks.

...and popcorn
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10
Aloysius
KVRAF

21743 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:37 pm Re: Naming and SHAMING.

:lol: :tu:
Impeach 64. Keep 32-bit Plug-ins alive.
gaf_thit
KVRist

492 posts since 28 Sep, 2012, from Norway

Postby gaf_thit; Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:39 pm Re: Fat SHAMING.

Aloysius wrote:I wonder if we could get a group-buy going on Torches and Pitchforks.

Tar and feathers too.

Just post negative feedback on the feedback thread.
I miss feedback when mostly running amp emulator vsts, but that is another story.
AnX
KVRAF

2776 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:03 pm Re: Fat SHAMING.

I have a ducking chair im willing to sell :hihi:
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR

4490 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from the grimness of yorkshire

Postby donkey tugger; Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:26 pm Re: Fat SHAMING.

AnX wrote:

Surely the legal process must first be followed;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_by_ordeal
mgw38
KVRian

943 posts since 26 Jul, 2015, from Philadelphia

Postby mgw38; Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:26 am Re: Naming and SHAMING.

ATN69 wrote:I never saw any negative comments in the regular feedback thread.

There are a few.
AnX
KVRAF

2776 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:15 am Re: Fat SHAMING.

donkey tugger wrote:
AnX wrote:

Surely the legal process must first be followed;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_by_ordeal

https://youtu.be/QP_pU-PWdEc
martinjuenke
KVRAF

1555 posts since 28 Dec, 2015, from Germany

Postby martinjuenke; Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:44 am Re: Naming and SHAMING.

As one of these guys who likes to trade on KVR from time to time
(see my current offers here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=505867 ) :D
I have to confess that I never made business with dirty fingers.
Okay, you have to check their recent posts, the feedback in that resp. thread, avoid Paypal gift option and think about reasonability of their offer.
But then (knock on wood!) it‘s pretty safe to do some business here on KVR (just to get some funds to buy new / second hand stuff).
Thanks all of you! :clap:
Last edited by martinjuenke on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Music was my first love ...
atmospheric electronic music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com
experimental.crow
KVRAF

5394 posts since 9 Mar, 2003, from The Druid Hills

Postby experimental.crow; Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:08 am Re: Naming and SHAMING.

chillpill wrote:For this to be fair on sellers and informative to the buying community, some guidelines must be established.

we have Franz for that ...
thanks , though ...

:P
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)