Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
ians
KVRist
 
130 posts since 26 Oct, 2004, from U.K.

Postby ians; Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:32 pm Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

Thorn is currently on sale for $89, and you can use the CM code for another 30% off. Got it for around £56 which is a bargain
User avatar
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF
 
14091 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:18 am Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

A triplet-based sequencer patch made with Thorn, lots of modulation wheel action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghDxLFTNeZo
User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
 
917 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Detroit, MI

Postby EnochLight; Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:33 am Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

ians wrote:Thorn is currently on sale for $89, and you can use the CM code for another 30% off. Got it for around £56 which is a bargain


That's a fantastic deal - almost as good as the $69 USD I just got it for! ;) :D
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5.x | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10.2 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name
chk071
KVRAF
 
16799 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:35 am Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

$69 is almost as good as what I got it for. :lol:
User avatar
Touch The Universe
KVRAF
 
3286 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Postby Touch The Universe; Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:11 am Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

Hey guys, just released "Serene Galaxy" for Thorn, further expanding this beauty of a synth with another 150 high quality sounds. Intro going for $14.99.

Patch Walkthrough - Going through All the Pads and Soundscapes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvUS6RG ... e=youtu.be
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101, Hive, Electra 2, Diversion, Halion, Largo, Rapid, Dune II, and Spire.
http://www.touch-the-universe.com/
User avatar
Igro
KVRAF
 
4010 posts since 26 Apr, 2007, from Noosphere

Postby Igro; Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:59 pm Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

Has anybody noticed that original Thorn now called a "Thorn standard version". Wondering if there will be an 'ultimate', 'super' or 'extended' version soon...

http://www.dmitrysches.com/products/thorn
User avatar
Touch The Universe
KVRAF
 
3286 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Postby Touch The Universe; Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:06 pm Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

There is already another version, one which includes 3 additional soundsets for 30 dollars more ;)
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101, Hive, Electra 2, Diversion, Halion, Largo, Rapid, Dune II, and Spire.
http://www.touch-the-universe.com/
User avatar
Touch The Universe
KVRAF
 
3286 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Postby Touch The Universe; Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:11 pm Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

Composition composed entirely with Thorn using Serene Galaxy "Peaceful Noon"

https://soundcloud.com/ttu-thorn-sounds ... ceful-noon
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101, Hive, Electra 2, Diversion, Halion, Largo, Rapid, Dune II, and Spire.
http://www.touch-the-universe.com/
User avatar
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF
 
14091 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:46 am Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

...followed by a track created with 5 instances of Thorn and a limiter on the master output.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... -for-thorn
AlesisVi61
KVRist
 
388 posts since 16 Sep, 2014

Postby AlesisVi61; Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:07 pm Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

I just noticed that ComputerMusic magazine is offering a free version of Thorn,with the purchase of the #257 issue or a subscription.I just downloaded the digital version of this issue,but the only option I see on the developer's website,is the 30% off??I contacted support on the matter....so in the interim,I was wondering if anyone has the free version of Thorn and if so,how does it differ from the paid version?
The 30% off of the current sale is a great deal,but I cannot purchase it until next month...so until then,I'd love to tinker with the free version(rather than the demo,with the white noise every 90 seconds.)
Greenstorm33
KVRist
 
342 posts since 27 Apr, 2012

Postby Greenstorm33; Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:28 pm Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

Go here: https://www.filesilo.co.uk/ComputerMusic/, make an account, and answer the question to add your magazine. You will then be able to download all the current CM software, including Thorn CM. :tu:
EnGee
KVRAF
 
4738 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from New Zealand

Postby EnGee; Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:34 pm Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

AlesisVi61 wrote:I just noticed that ComputerMusic magazine is offering a free version of Thorn,with the purchase of the #257 issue or a subscription.I just downloaded the digital version of this issue,but the only option I see on the developer's website,is the 30% off??I contacted support on the matter....so in the interim,I was wondering if anyone has the free version of Thorn and if so,how does it differ from the paid version?
The 30% off of the current sale is a great deal,but I cannot purchase it until next month...so until then,I'd love to tinker with the free version(rather than the demo,with the white noise every 90 seconds.)

2 oscillators and 1 filter. Also fixed arrangement of effects.
It's $30 not 30% discount for the full version though.
(There is independent thread for the CM version somewhere if you search ;) )
Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.
AlesisVi61
KVRist
 
388 posts since 16 Sep, 2014

Postby AlesisVi61; Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:23 pm Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

Greenstorm33 wrote:Go here: https://www.filesilo.co.uk/ComputerMusic/, make an account, and answer the question to add your magazine. You will then be able to download all the current CM software, including Thorn CM. :tu:


Thanks for the info.I actually went through this process earlier,but my login info wasn't working...but the second time,I went with a different e-mail and I got to the download page.
After I downloaded it,I ran into some confusing issues.When I had downloaded the demo,there was a set up installer...which was easy as can be.
After I downloaded the ThornCM....there was no installer,when I extracted the files.So...I then extracted the download file folder again and set the path for 86X vstplugins....then launched my DAW,but did not appear.
I then inspected the contents of the ThornCM folders and one of the folders is labled MAC??I did not download the MAC version by accident.Also...I can't find the dll...I've never seen anything quite like this.

Well...I went into my program files to inspect the file folders and realized that there is both a Mac folder and a PC folder....very strange...that's what really threw me for a loop.I opened the PC folder and there it was,the set-up installer.
By the way...ThornCM is quite impresive,for a freebie!
8)
Last edited by AlesisVi61 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
SLiC
KVRAF
 
2707 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales

Postby SLiC; Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:54 pm Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

It’s just 69 bucks on AudioDeluxe - I cracked and bought it....not for the sound so much (although it sounds great, so do many of the synths I own) more for the workflow (love the 1 page layout and scaling, as a bonus works great on a MS Surface) and the arp/glitch sequencer make it almost a little groove box, great song starter. The built in presets don't do it justice and its really easy to make patches and get great sounds from it...well worth the money.
Current Gear: i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, System 1m, Korg ARP, P6, Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, MPC Live, OP-1, Mother 32, Dominion Club, Roland TD8 and HPD-20, Guitars, Basses and Amps
User avatar
sqigls
KVRAF
 
2974 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:54 am Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

SLiC wrote:It’s just 69 bucks on AudioDeluxe - I cracked and bought it....not for the sound so much (although it sounds great, so do many of the synths I own) more for the workflow (love the 1 page layout and scaling, as a bonus works great on a MS Surface) and the arp/glitch sequencer make it almost a little groove box, great song starter. The built in presets don't do it justice and its really easy to make patches and get great sounds from it...well worth the money.

and just for the record, for the non-native English speakers "cracked" here means "couldn't resist and gave-in to temptation", and not the other one :P
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments