Electronic Track | Intense synths | looking for feedback ...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello KVR!

I nearly finished a new track and I am looking to give it the final touch - if you have any hints, I'd greatly appreciate it!

https://choon.co/tracks/0uz21mka58m/erupt

I started this track during the final weeks before the production release of a software project I have been working on for over two years. It was a stressfull time and the track resembles that.

Had to put the project aside as it grew too big for my computer to play it in real-time.

With the release of FL Studio 20 and its consolidate feature it became easy/fun enough to render tracks to .wav and pick them up again if I wanted to change something (which I do all the time :-).

It is the first project I used the new Output Synth Package my wife bought me as a birthday gift in spring :-).

"Finished" it today as I can't do too much else after I "epilated" my shin bone with the lawn edge trimmer last weekend and now I am sitting here with a thick bandage - just in the right mood for some "intense synths" :-).

Have fun and a nice weekend!
Virtualex

My Feedback

Music - 6
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 8.125

Comments: Intro was good. Expected it to go somewhere musically but never really did. Texture wise it changed throughout, which kept it fairly interesting. But musically, very static. Probably a genre thing that I'm not personally crazy about. Still, everything else was excellent.

Nice start, building up, into another buildup?seems somewhat aggressive volume wise, but then people these days don't seem to have a volume control, so is understandable :).
Has some interesting elements, mix seems well balanced, doesn't seem to have a destination though just a little loud for me ( I already have tinnitus ), overall
Nice start, building up, into another buildup?seems somewhat aggressive volume wise, but then people these days don't seem to have a volume control, so is understandable.
Has some interesting elements, mix seems well balanced, just a little confused to the structure.

:)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 6
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 8.125

Comments: Intro was good. Expected it to go somewhere musically but never really did. Texture wise it changed throughout, which kept it fairly interesting. But musically, very static. Probably a genre thing that I'm not personally crazy about. Still, everything else was excellent.
Thanks a lot - a score above 8 feels pretty good to me :-)!

You are right that the song is no epiphany musically and I guess the same applies to the arrangement.

The "linearity" is somewhat intentional - resembling the buildup up of pressure during the final weeks of the software release I've been working on and it's salvation as it went into production (a little exaggeration here :-).

I am already experimenting with the new feature in FL-Studio 20 that lets you work on different arrangements within the same project. Maybe there will be another - less linear - version of the track.

Again, thanks for your comment!
Virtualex

Eauson wrote:Nice start, building up, into another buildup?seems somewhat aggressive volume wise, but then people these days don't seem to have a volume control, so is understandable :).
Has some interesting elements, mix seems well balanced, doesn't seem to have a destination though just a little loud for me ( I already have tinnitus ), overall
Nice start, building up, into another buildup?seems somewhat aggressive volume wise, but then people these days don't seem to have a volume control, so is understandable.
Has some interesting elements, mix seems well balanced, just a little confused to the structure.

:)
Thank you for your comment!

As I already replied to wagtunes comment - there is no real story to the track other than resembling a pressure buildup and it's release.

I guess the track being loud applies to its intention :-) - I also used the overdrive knob on most of the synths quite intensively .-).

Again, thanks for your comment!
Virtualex

Return to “Music Cafe”