Atlas. The Sampler that will change the way you use your sample library is out now!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Atlas

_al_ wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
timnoric wrote:Hi Everyone!

... It also has a Drum Kit you can use to instantly generate unique drum kits using your own samples. With bundled MIDI clips, it's an endless loop generation machine! ....
A good idea, though it's not new.

Xils-Lab StiX can generate intelligent drumkits on the fly for years now (and has an option for non intelligent ones)
wow
I didn't see him say he created a worlds first. I just see some new guy trying to market something, and you trying to steal his customers.

I got nothing against you or Xils, but that was pretty blatant :o
You truncated the quote, especially the part where I outlined the differencies, beyond a similarity in one features, between the two instruments :shrug:

I could see them coexist on a system in a peacefull way without any problem. as for the other poster : StiX is currently bug free. :shrug:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

neverwhere2410 wrote:
simmo75 wrote:Atlas is awesome! Congratulations!
Is there any way to create kits from more than one map at a time?
Like a randomization of all maps.
That would be dope.
I don't think this is possible but I'll second that as a nice feature to add in a future update. I had mapped all the individual folders I had of drum sample packs, then mapped the parent folder they were all in to get the same effect - a built-in choose from group/all would be much more efficient.
We have talked about it! You can swap maps while you are making a kits and load sounds from different maps right now. Once the tech is a little further along, we could have a 'mega map' that is a constantly updated map from all the little maps you make. Then you could select that map and it randomize would now include everything.

Yes please!
That would be amazing.

_al_ wrote:...that was pretty blatant :o
It's called 'suicide marketing'.

Definition: Behave like a complete dick in public so that everyone knows what's the attitude behind the company.

timnoric wrote:
Remember that you don't have to have your sample library organised for Atlas to work. That's the beauty of it, it will dig through and find all the drums and one-shots.
That's true.

Then, would it be possible to use Atlas to rebuild a kind of 'organised drum library' out of a pretty non organised one ?

Like, I have a few hundreds dum samples in a giant folder and would like to physically rebuild a clean library into properly physical folders. So basically I would take all the snares of the primary pool, and copy them (or move them) to a propser Snare folder aso for the other categories.

I would definitely enjoy such a tool. Or a miniAtlas, with this sole functionality.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Hi
I just downloaded the demo. Can you please let us know who sampled the welcome pack drums for you ?
They are fantastic. Also when you say AI does it also get better with time in terms of judging the timbre and figure out whether it is a tonal perc or say a synth bass one shot ?
vst sx sample romz

I'm sticking with my non-intelligent drums thank you very much.

If you're into electronic music this tool is a fantastic studio assistant. Because the 'noise' counts your choice of samples/sounds is more than 50% of the job. I bet almost everyone knows the situation where the vibe has gone while crawling thru tons of possibilities just to find the right one(s). Same goes with stuff you create yourself. At the end of tweaking you surely left the road where you came from...

That said: Pop, Jazz, Rock, Metal and numerous other stylewise oriented folks don't need to pay attention. Sorry to hear that there's no helper with similar impact in your world. :wink: :phones:

elassi wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:29 pm That said: Pop, Jazz, Rock, Metal and numerous other stylewise oriented folks don't need to pay attention. Sorry to hear that there's no helper with similar impact in your world. :wink: :phones:
If you had an algorithm that understood how drum hits of different velocities are related to each other, I think it should be possible to extend a technology like this to handle acoustic drums. I realised the other day as I imported D16 Plasticlicks that Atlas isn't really set up to handle velocity-switched drum hits - you end up with a lot of quieter drum hits. (This isn't a big issue BTW - I can copy the high-vel hits into a new folder and just have that indexed.)

But as drum replacement is a major thing in studio recordings ("I need a snare with more beef/snap/thwack" etc), dealing with velocity switching potentially opens a sizeable market - though it would probably mean working closely with the people who make Kontakt libraries and BFD etc.
Last edited by Gamma-UT on Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guess you published a significant FR for upcoming Atlas-releases, Gamma-UT. :tu:

elassi wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:29 pm If you're into electronic music this tool is a fantastic studio assistant. Because the 'noise' counts your choice of samples/sounds is more than 50% of the job. I bet almost everyone knows the situation where the vibe has gone while crawling thru tons of possibilities just to find the right one(s). Same goes with stuff you create yourself. At the end of tweaking you surely left the road where you came from...
Not so much. IE:
elassi wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:29 pm That said: Pop, Jazz, Rock, Metal and numerous other stylewise oriented folks don't need to pay attention. Sorry to hear that there's no helper with similar impact in your world. :wink: :phones:
I use drums as drums, so I would suppose I'm sort of in that world. You may not care for a glimpse but you felt free to pity 'us'. So: I use BFD3. The kit pieces are organized by type. So first I set up for the composition I have in mind, a sound world; and I have a large-ish kit in a template to begin with. So should I need a cymbal other than what's in there, or something in there is just not it and it's distracting me so replace rather than add is the move, here's the list of cymbals. And I'm seeing either cymbals generically or 'crash'; 'ride'; 'accent' and so forth. It's easy. And I like setting up and sound design anyway. It would be a mistake to confuse that with getting the music down. I could decide to do more "tweaking", but that's a different job.

In short, not everybody does what you do. Nothing about using, or locating samples needs changing here. But clearly there's a market for this, there's more than one vendor pushing it here right now, so enjoy your new-found ways. I just keep seeing this irritating (patronizing) marketing in the thread title and you gave me an excuse to post something I was holding onto. So cheers. :)

elassi wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:29 pm If you're into electronic music this tool is a fantastic studio assistant. Because the 'noise' counts your choice of samples/sounds is more than 50% of the job. I bet almost everyone knows the situation where the vibe has gone while crawling thru tons of possibilities just to find the right one(s). Same goes with stuff you create yourself. At the end of tweaking you surely left the road where you came from...

That said: Pop, Jazz, Rock, Metal and numerous other stylewise oriented folks don't need to pay attention. Sorry to hear that there's no helper with similar impact in your world. :wink: :phones:
Hmm, i’m into electronic music but somehow i think what you mean by “electronic music” and what i mean by “electronic music” are not the same thing. (Not all “electronic music” is dance music, so called EDM.) Nor do i mind “looking for the right sound”, which is something i consider part of the process and quite enjoy. If i’m in a “compose” mode sometimes I will leave the search for the exact sound part for later. I’m not a style wise oriented folk, though.
Aside from the hype, Atlas would be really useful if it could just slightly reorganize some of my percussion/drum sample folders.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

So, at least let's agree that we all have different ways to dive into the (first of all) imaginary music we like to produce or being inspired by.

I'm a bit pissed though that you connect me to EDM, CrystalWizard. :x :lol: :hug:

My point wasn’t to piss you off. If i made an assumption that is incorrect than i am sorry. What music “stylewise” are you making?
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Electronic, haha.

But seriously: All sorts of. Even the ones that I don't know what "they" call 'em. :)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”