Bringing the forum to the 21st century

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, admittedly, a bit of a dramatic topic title ;), but... when you take a look at other forums, for example, there is a message center where you - get notified when a person quotes, or mentions you in a post - someone posts in a thread you subscribed to, or you are watching. Also, you can thumb up, or thank people for their posts, and much more. Take the ReasonTalk forum for example. It has all that. What also would be great: Support for browser notifications. For example, i'm registered to a German forum, where i immediately get a browser notification on my Android smartphone, when someone quotes my posts, or mentions me - great!

I'd really like to see all that on KVR too. Especially the browser notifications would be great to have. Possible?

I'd love to be able to subscribe to a thread and have a place where all my subscribed thereads are grouped together for easy bookmarking/reading. I'd also like a more mobile friendly layout where the little icon I have to click to get to the unread posts in a particular thread isn't right next to the link to the thread title and right above the link to the user who created the thread's profile. I'm regularly hitting the wrong one and ending up somewhere I don't want to be.

For the subscription, you have this, if you weren't already aware of it: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/ucp.php?i ... subscribed

I'd second the other suggestion.

Give me dial up or telnet scrolling text access but with proper threading and I'll be happy... ;)

this forumsoftware is so awesome: https://forum.justgetflux.com/category/5/mac-os-x

these smooth page transitions, jummy..

Actually don't need and never missed any of chk's suggestions... but there's one exception:

Leaving a silent "thank you" for a post would reward countless people that helped me with their contributions when just reading (but not replying). That said, I have a folder in my browser bookmark list named "KVR BEST" where I collect hints and tricks that I'll try later on. Replied to none of them because I can't add anything substantial to the topics to date.

A "thank you" option would help here to express just this: "Thank you!" :phones:

elassi wrote:Actually don't need and never missed any of chk's suggestions...
I might not have as well, but, i'm a Tapatalk user, and, such features are sorely missing from the forums which don't support it. It's really very helpful. How many times did i have to dig deep in my recent posts list, when i wanted to get back to a topic where i have posted, looking if someone might have responded to me, without me knowing it. Trust me, it's super helpful. Or, don't trust me, if you are aware of all that, and really don't need it. :)

Neva really been this far down into the depths of KVR towers b4, certainly never posted :)

Being able to add a quote to an already submitted post, numbers on posts only rise when a new kvrist enters, bit like a bouncer who recognises you been in b4?
A list of kvrist who have visited a post, this one and previous probably vcomplex, :(
1 last, when writing a post, my sausage fingas sometimes strike the wrong part of my screen, although it appears that info is retained I sometimes get shunted of line " not a bad timing I hear you say :) ) so is there a way that the composition of the text can be retained somehow? Again this is wishes and probably just a personal problem for me :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Just select all text and copy it to the clipboard. That way you can easily paste it back in when something goes wrong.

I do it all the time :)

elassi wrote:A "thank you" option would help here to express just this: "Thank you!" :phones:
Thank you elassi!

I would like features that let me see who has quoted and or responded to my posts so I can go back and respond to them, unless that already exists and I just don't know how to use it here. The way I do it now is go to "Latest Posts" and walk back through screens clicking on the yellow threads, reading and/or scanning through each one looking for my name, and then responding .. and continuing to go back in time until I get to a thread where I know mine was the last post. It's very tedious.

ZeePok wrote: 
Just select all text and copy it to the clipboard. That way you can easily paste it back in when something goes wrong.

I do it all the time :)
That's a good practice on any forum if you're writing a long post.

I agree the option to 'Thank' for a post would be nice! :) :hug:

Don't spend so much time on message boards, you will regret the wasted time later on in your life :wink:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Don't spend so much time on message boards, you will regret the wasted time later on in your life :wink:
Most people don't seem to get it. This is pretty much supreme wisdom of the internet that few truly comprehend and then implement. There just isn't enough time in life to spend as much time on the internet as people are doing, no matter what your interests are. Forums/social crap media/games is completely changing people into something far more useless, in comparison to previous generations.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Don't spend so much time on message boards, you will regret the wasted time later on in your life :wink:
Most people don't seem to get it. This is pretty much supreme wisdom of the internet that few truly comprehend and then implement. There just isn't enough time in life to spend as much time on the internet as people are doing, no matter what your interests are. Forums/social crap media/games is completely changing people into something far more useless, in comparison to previous generations.
Yes, true, but still even if you're only checking in once a week, wouldn't you like the tools you need to easily be able to respond to whoever responded to whatever you wrote in the past ?

Return to “Site Stuff”