DeFilter, DeVerberate, Restoration Suite: right order

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A simple, but difficult question. Suppose I have an amateurish recording taken in a resonant room with some natural reverb (which I want to remove) and some background hiss.

If I have DeFilter, DeVerberate and the Restoration Suite, in which order do you suggest to apply them for the best possible result? (And: can they be used together, or do they interfere with one another?) Intuitively, I would go with DeVerberate first, then DeFilter (avoiding the influence of the background noise through the Threshold parameter), then DeNoise: is it right?

Hi!
XComposer wrote:A simple, but difficult question. Suppose I have an amateurish recording taken in a resonant room with some natural reverb (which I want to remove) and some background hiss.

If I have DeFilter, DeVerberate and the Restoration Suite, in which order do you suggest to apply them for the best possible result? (And: can they be used together, or do they interfere with one another?) Intuitively, I would go with DeVerberate first, then DeFilter (avoiding the influence of the background noise through the Threshold parameter), then DeNoise: is it right?
I'm sorry for my late reply due to vacations. That's a good question -- I would recommend the following order:
  • DeFilter
  • DeVerberate
  • DeNoise
The reason why I would put DeFilter first is that it is a linear and time invariant process (like an equalizer) and as you say, the detection threshold can be adjust to discriminate the background noise. Using these tools in combination should work fine, but DeVerberate and DeNoise might need some additional tweaking when used in combination.

Best,
Stian

Thank you very much! Already a happy user of DeVerberate, now I am practically sure that I am about to buy the Restoration Suite and I am also trying the demo of DeFilter. I'm actually in a situation of this kind just now, and it happens quite often to me: they give me casual recordings of a composition of mine and I have to edit them in order to improve them as much as possible and publish them online. Thanks again! Giovanni

Return to “Acon Digital”