Nektar Panorama T4/T6 MIDI Controller Keyboards

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry. Lots of questions and comments and I will get to them as I have time but for now I have to get some work done. I'm really happy to see such interest in the Panorama T-series and Nektarine.

@justin3am, thank for your perspective on the whole issue of MIDI controllers. It really surprises me people keep buying controllers with the same layout over and over again, I gave up after the second many years ago and I don't use my Push that much for programming synths even with the screen that shows name and value (but it is ok for lots of effects).

I just think that maybe if companies take bolder moves in the midi controller market they would be rewarded more, I think many of us have been begging for a good control surface, I just went with a System8 cause it works like my dream controller with Roland plugouts, and it has enough controls to map some other subtractive synths.
dedication to flying

pc999 wrote:
justin3am wrote:There will not be a Linux version of Nektarine.
:(

It should be already time for Linux to be treated a first class OS.
It would be cool, but right now I'm happy to see Bitwig, U He and RME there, not using Linux for audio (but with those 3 on bard wouldn't mind it either), but when Windows 7 become XP, I'm gonna seriously think about it, by that time I hope Linux will raise, we all could use same distro for audio and developers would have easier time supporting that.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:It would be cool, but right now I'm happy to see Bitwig, U He and RME there, not using Linux for audio (but with those 3 on bard wouldn't mind it either), but when Windows 7 become XP, I'm gonna seriously think about it, by that time I hope Linux will raise, we all could use same distro for audio and developers would have easier time supporting that.
Well, that we can fully control BWS in Linux is a nice step in the right direction.

Any Ubuntu based distro should be good.

So any update on whether nektarine will be available (or possible) for the P-series?

maschinelf wrote:So any update on whether nektarine will be available (or possible) for the P-series?

+1,000,000!!!

We Panorama pioneers want Tangerine too!!

dbender wrote:
maschinelf wrote:So any update on whether nektarine will be available (or possible) for the P-series?

+1,000,000!!!

Spoke to Tim at Nektar about this - Nektarine will be available for P-series users sometime before the end of the year.

dbender wrote:

+1,000,000!!!

Spoke to Tim at Nektar about this - Nektarine will be available for P-series users sometime before the end of the year.

justanametouse wrote:Spoke to Tim at Nektar about this - Nektarine will be available for P-series users sometime before the end of the year.
I should clarify. We would like to have updates for our DAW support software (which are needed to make the P-series work seamlessly with nektarine) by the end of the year but as with all things related to software development, we can't guarantee we will hit that target.

I only say that because I'm notoriously hesitant to announce release dates until we have something ready. I hope you understand. :)

justin3am wrote:
justanametouse wrote:Spoke to Tim at Nektar about this - Nektarine will be available for P-series users sometime before the end of the year.
I should clarify. We would like to have updates for our DAW support software (which are needed to make the P-series work seamlessly with nektarine) by the end of the year but as with all things related to software development, we can't guarantee we will hit that target.

I only say that because I'm notoriously hesitant to announce release dates until we have something ready. I hope you understand. :)

As a P6 owner, I am super psyched to have tangerine capability added BUT do not want it to replace or be in lieu of or replace any features/capability we already now have.

Question: can tangerine peacefully coexist and be used along with novation Automap?

justin3am wrote:

Hang on, I just re-read this again carefully, and perhaps my being psyched was misplaced.

My main DAW is Studio One, and I also used Digital Performer, neither of which get the deep integration with P6.

Does that mean that once tangerine is added to P6 I won’t be able to use tangerine in those DAWs?

And Are you going to finally update P6 so it has deep integration with studio one? Pretty please with sugar on top!

I don't know about tangerines but you (specifically) will be able to use your P-series controller with Nektarine. I really can't provide any further details. You will have to be patient. ;)

Thanks!

It would be great, if Nektarine worked as a full blown mapping editor for Panorama P-series controllers and allowed export of those mappings as *.npm files for direct use in DAW's with deep integration.

Will there be Studio One support? How about an 88 key model? Thanks!
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”