Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Photo_G
KVRian

602 posts since 25 Dec, 2009

Postby Photo_G; Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:33 pm Re: Nectar Elements is dead ... long live Nectar Elements

mcbpete wrote:
Photo_G wrote:It's uncool that there is no upgrade option for NE1 owners.

G
Says here you can get if for $49 - https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... icing.html

CROSSGRADES PRICE - $49
Nectar Elements (from any Elements, Standard or Advanced version of these iZotope products:
Alloy, BreakTweaker, Creative Bundle, Insight, Iris, Nectar, Neutron, Ozone, RX, RX Final Mix, RX Loudness Control, RX Plug-in Pack, Stutter Edit, Trash, VocalSynth)

Thanks mcbpete!

G
SparkySpark
KVRian

1148 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden

Postby SparkySpark; Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:47 pm Re: Nectar Elements is dead ... long live Nectar Elements

I've watched the video and try to get my head around this plugin. In a way it reminds me of the SoundSpot releases, where they put a great-looking UI on a reverb and a delay and call it the most fantastic and mind boggling plugin ever. :wink: I mean, as far as the video goes, Nectar Elements is a vocals rack consisting of a compressor, a de-esser, a reverb, and a few more things, and the rock example in the video sounds nice but seems to be little more than an EQ boost in the high mids and a splash of reverb.

I understand that Izotope makes great and smart stuff, but I just don't get what this plugin does. Also, what really matters to a lead vocal is the automated volume in relation to the instruments, so what really would be of benefit would be a vocal rider I guess. And in case that is not possible due to the fact that the effect's settings are not changing over time, then that would be another problem, meaning one might have to make up for the plugin's auto settings as the song alters in instrumentation and balance. (This problem - if it is a problem - gets worse due to the fact that the underlying effects are not shown to the user, so one could probably not adjust the reverb size or the like using automation.)

On the product web page, it says that the settings are based on hundreds of thousands of pro mix settings. Even if that is true, doesn't this mean that the choices are actually a best practice cheat sheet rather than based on my vocal take?

...but I'm sure it is a great product and that it's just me not really getting it, so I'd appreciate a comment on this. :)

Just to make things clear: I'm not trying to rant at all. I really want plugins that make all of the mixing choices for me (because of limited time and ear fatigue due to tinnitus), so anything auto is very welcome. I just don't understand the benefit of this one yet!
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
Tappistry
KVRian

770 posts since 2 Aug, 2017, from San Diego, CA

Postby Tappistry; Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:24 pm Re: Nectar Elements is dead ... long live Nectar Elements

SparkySpark wrote:I've watched the video and try to get my head around this plugin. In a way it reminds me of the SoundSpot releases, where they put a great-looking UI on a reverb and a delay and call it the most fantastic and mind boggling plugin ever. :wink: I mean, as far as the video goes, Nectar Elements is a vocals rack consisting of a compressor, a de-esser, a reverb, and a few more things, and the rock example in the video sounds nice but seems to be little more than an EQ boost in the high mids and a splash of reverb.

I understand that Izotope makes great and smart stuff, but I just don't get what this plugin does. Also, what really matters to a lead vocal is the automated volume in relation to the instruments, so what really would be of benefit would be a vocal rider I guess. And in case that is not possible due to the fact that the effect's settings are not changing over time, then that would be another problem, meaning one might have to make up for the plugin's auto settings as the song alters in instrumentation and balance. (This problem - if it is a problem - gets worse due to the fact that the underlying effects are not shown to the user, so one could probably not adjust the reverb size or the like using automation.)

On the product web page, it says that the settings are based on hundreds of thousands of pro mix settings. Even if that is true, doesn't this mean that the choices are actually a best practice cheat sheet rather than based on my vocal take?

...but I'm sure it is a great product and that it's just me not really getting it, so I'd appreciate a comment on this. :)

Just to make things clear: I'm not trying to rant at all. I really want plugins that make all of the mixing choices for me (because of limited time and ear fatigue due to tinnitus), so anything auto is very welcome. I just don't understand the benefit of this one yet!

The old Elements products I think are/were designed as soft, low-cost intros to the iZotope line. If you liked what they did, it was sort of an enticement with upgrade pricing to buy into the rest of it.

The limitations are what you stated earlier: the old NE was that it was more of a “preset based” product with not a lot of depth. This one seems to be slightly more intelligent, but I haven’t demo’ed it yet to be able to tell.
SparkySpark
KVRian

1148 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden

Postby SparkySpark; Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:45 am Re: Nectar Elements is dead ... long live Nectar Elements

Ok thank you. Then I was not entirely wrong. I assume though that what it does is take a vocal and change it so it sounds better and also in line with a certain style.
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
soulone82
KVRian

830 posts since 16 Aug, 2010, from almost everywhere...

Postby soulone82; Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:49 am Re: Nectar Elements is dead ... long live Nectar Elements

Still waiting for T-Pain Elements...

simon.a.billington
KVRian

1343 posts since 12 Nov, 2014

Postby simon.a.billington; Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:40 am Re: Nectar Elements is dead ... long live Nectar Elements

mcbpete wrote:I wonder if there'll be Nectar 3 soon to match the update of this elements version ?

I say that will be the case. This looks like s window into the more fully featured version. Which is not so good news for me as I know have to find money for it.

I hope their pitch editor supports that ARIA2 protocol, or whatever it’s called.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects