Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
richardt4520
KVRist

31 posts since 1 Dec, 2017

Postby richardt4520; Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:08 am Re: True Iron released

Same here regarding the easter egg. I had clicked the logo looking for other options like in the amp models and found it pretty quickly. Not sure if others would come across it that fast but it's useful for doing a valid comparison between bypassed and effected signal. The reason i bought it was because i was able to determine it actually sounded better and wasn't just due to the volume boost. I know you can get around that easy enough by using channel volume if you didn't know it was there and it's pretty easy to find so it's probably a non-issue anyway.
Eleventh
KVRist

315 posts since 1 Dec, 2012

Postby Eleventh; Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:11 am Re: True Iron released

I didn't even know it existed before I read the manual, and how many people are just gonna skip reading it because the plugin is dead simple? How are you gonna do quick A/B comparison if you're using the DAW volume as make-up gain? Definitely not a non-issue IMHO, especially as this thing always seems to add a slight gain boost among other things.
frthib
KVRist

107 posts since 29 Nov, 2017, from Québec, Québec, Canada

Postby frthib; Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:55 am Re: True Iron released

I would tend to agree also about that volume knob. I will use it to A/B sounds and it's non productive to have to make it visible.

While where at it, in KClip3, there is a function to hear only the processed (affected) signal. I don't know if it's possible in True Iron? Don't know, if it's full band processing in a no-go but i have to ask...

Great name btw "true iron". Sounds epic.
Kazrog
KVRian

782 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:08 am Re: True Iron released

Eleventh wrote:I didn't even know it existed before I read the manual, and how many people are just gonna skip reading it because the plugin is dead simple? How are you gonna do quick A/B comparison if you're using the DAW volume as make-up gain? Definitely not a non-issue IMHO, especially as this thing always seems to add a slight gain boost among other things.

It's because the out gain knob was something that didn't make its way in until mid beta, and I wasn't happy with how it affected the layout. It will get a permanent spot when I have a chance to give the layout a rethink. Sorry about that, but at least it's there!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
richardt4520
KVRist

31 posts since 1 Dec, 2017

Postby richardt4520; Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:19 pm Re: True Iron released

Hey, this thing sounds great, Shane! Thanks for developing such a killer plugin. It really adds a thickness to the sound unlike anything I've heard before. No complaints here!
Eleventh
KVRist

315 posts since 1 Dec, 2012

Postby Eleventh; Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:25 pm Re: True Iron released

I'm really liking the sound too. By the way I noticed that the Output gain knob affects the signal even if Mix is set to zero.

I would argue in favor of it only affecting the Wet signal, because then you can set the dry/wet balance without loudness bias, and the resulting mix will also be gain compensated because Wet matches Dry's loudness.
frthib
KVRist

107 posts since 29 Nov, 2017, from Québec, Québec, Canada

Postby frthib; Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:58 pm Re: True Iron released

The more I respect the suggest chain, sprinkle a little True Iron everywhere, ValveEQ on the bus, True Iron on the master and KClip3, the less I use/need EQ's.
cturner
KVRist

331 posts since 7 Dec, 2009, from GWB

Postby cturner; Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:34 am Re: True Iron released

Amidst the teargas and burning trash bins that the Brainworx SSL plugin release has become over on GS, Jantex offered some high praise for True Iron:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpost.php?p=13417175&postcount=402
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:34 am Re: True Iron released

Eleventh wrote:I'm really liking the sound too. By the way I noticed that the Output gain knob affects the signal even if Mix is set to zero.

I would argue in favor of it only affecting the Wet signal, because then you can set the dry/wet balance without loudness bias, and the resulting mix will also be gain compensated because Wet matches Dry's loudness.

That's how it used to work in KClip, for a time. I put this to a vote, and the way it is today across my plugin lineup is a reflection of that user vote.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:35 am Re: True Iron released

cturner wrote:Amidst the teargas and burning trash bins that the Brainworx SSL plugin release has become over on GS, Jantex offered some high praise for True Iron:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpost.php?p=13417175&postcount=402

:lol:

Good stuff. You know, I've been trolled so hard in the past over at GS also, so I have some sympathy for Dirk here. I feel I've gotten lucky that True Iron hasn't been mercilessly slaughtered this time also. GS is brutal. No good deed goes unpunished there.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
cturner
KVRist

331 posts since 7 Dec, 2009, from GWB

Postby cturner; Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:54 am Re: True Iron released

Little did I know when I suggested you’d hit one out of the park that True Iron would make its entrance on cue. It’s going in my shopping cart right after lunch. Congratulations and Bon Ouikend! Charles
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net
Robert Randolph
KVRAF

2107 posts since 25 May, 2003, from Saint Petersburg, Florida

Postby Robert Randolph; Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:50 pm Re: True Iron released

Holy shit. This is really awesome.

Wow.

I'm not one for wow's and drooling (I rather say software is shit or complain), but hot damn this is nice.
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more... new posts every weekend!
mr jkn
KVRist

85 posts since 3 Oct, 2006

Postby mr jkn; Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:31 pm Re: True Iron released

Brilliant plugin. On all mix stems already, over here. It’s like parmesan on pasta.
My name is Jonas.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16753 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:06 am Re: True Iron released

Hey Shane...

Your installer is still a liiiiitle bit crazy :(

1. We cannot decide the exact name of the VST folder the plugin is going into. It's always added in "Kazrog LLC" subfolder. What if I want the vendor subfolder to just be called "Kazrog"? :) (Minor nitpick, I know.)
2. Uninstaller always goes to raw "Program Files (x86)" subfolder with the name of the plugin (i.e. "C:\Program Files (x86)\KClip3.0.2". It's not put into a Kazrog subfolder. Also, if it's 64-bit only, why would it put the uninstaller in x86 Program Files? Should be in 64-bit one (even if the uninstaller is a 32-bit app).
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:18 am Re: True Iron released

EvilDragon wrote:1. We cannot decide the exact name of the VST folder the plugin is going into. It's always added in "Kazrog LLC" subfolder. What if I want the vendor subfolder to just be called "Kazrog"? :) (Minor nitpick, I know.)

:ud:

EvilDragon wrote:2. Uninstaller always goes to raw "Program Files (x86)" subfolder with the name of the plugin (i.e. "C:\Program Files (x86)\KClip3.0.2". It's not put into a Kazrog subfolder. Also, if it's 64-bit only, why would it put the uninstaller in x86 Program Files? Should be in 64-bit one (even if the uninstaller is a 32-bit app).

Yeah, it's annoying, right? Only recently did the installer vendor offer some better options here, so I'll be sure to take advantage of that as soon as possible. Sorry!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
PreviousNext

Moderators: KVR Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog