All these newbies getting spoon fed everything.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BrianEno wrote::scared: The OP ends his post with "The Pads of today man I tell you“

Alfred_E_Neuman wrote::scared: The OP ends his post with "The Mads of today man I tell you“

I‘m tired... 8)

JJ_Jettflow wrote:
BMoore wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote:
richielg wrote:Does anyone else notice a trend among new producers wanting to be spoon fed information - particularly about Ableton? Its a lazy and unconstructive way to learn music production. I mean if you need an Ableton 10 course to tell you how to set up your DAW then your either an absolute beginner which is fine but if your not then you should probably pack it in. I mean the kids these days they expect just to be able to watch a series of youtube videos and then be able to produce. How do they ever learn from making mistakes and create their own unique way of working? This lazy, not wanting to read the manual or text books on the subject approach to learning is leading people to create generic music because you are just allowing someone else to define how they think you should work rather than defining that your self. The thought process should be "I want to achieve this sound, how can I adapt my work flow and use particular tools to achieve this and what do I need to learn in order to do so?" Then pick up the god damn manual or read a book! Im so sick of these lazy generic producers that don't understand how to learn for them selves. You think Andrew Weatherall or the Chemical Brothers had endless Youtube videos spoon feeding them exactly what to do back in the early 90's? They figured it out for them selves by making tons of mistakes, understanding the instruments and the processes behind the music, developing their critical listening skills and then defining their own way of working. The Kids of today man I tell you.

So I guess if someone came up to you and asked for directions you would tell them "buy a map"?
The point is, they've already got maps. Tons. And Google, and Youtube, and product pages and what not. And they don't even try.
And maybe they have tried those resources and still need further clarification? FWIW I find someone asking a question far less annoying than some windbag know-it-all posting page upon page of drivel just to point how right they are....as if anyone cares but them. There is nothing worse than doing a search for info on a plug and coming across a KVR page where one of the members of the KVR Philosopher's Club decided to punish some peon for daring to hold a different perspective than them... and ramp up the page count so you have to sift through dozens of pages to find anything useful.
The point is, they're not just asking questions. They want to be spoon fed, as the title says.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”