Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
LawrenceF
KVRAF

6005 posts since 4 Dec, 2004

Postby LawrenceF; Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:38 am Re: Thoughts, Predictions & Reaction On The Official Release Of [Presonus Studio One 4.0] 22-05-2018

Removing important features and crippling the program won't win any customers...

If they ever change the business to posting graphic mockups all over the net your business advice may be more relevant. :)

For those who for some reason didn't demo v4 and bought it in the blind and found it not working on Win 7, move the instruments.dll out of the application folder. This will kill the main instruments but you'll be able to launch and work as normal with everything else like your third party instruments. Your choice, do nothing, use nothing, let your GAS money sit in a vacuum, or do that and wait for a fix.
jinotsuh
KVRist

285 posts since 31 May, 2008, from Australia

Postby jinotsuh; Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:21 pm Re: Thoughts, Predictions & Reaction On The Official Release Of [Presonus Studio One 4.0] 22-05-2018

mholloway wrote:
jinotsuh wrote:
I think that may be a little south of the truth, a lot south actually, there are quite a few ex Cakewalkers there, and of course the great 'CakeAlexS' (aka Docktor Avalanche among many other names) is there (PreAl), but none of them are remotely "at the helm now ...."

LOL, he's there *too*? Christ, that guy is unreal.

He is a regular on Maschine forums (nothing but whining and complaining day in, day out) and also the FXpansion forums (you guessed it, nothing but whining and complaining day in, day out) as well.... I suppose it's a full-time hobby for him, so I can only assume he fills that forum with his on-brand whinging and moaning and finger-wagging as well. :clap:

:D He has only been on the PreSonus forums since December 3 last year, so he is still sussing out the place, but you can see him slowly warming up :hihi: I guess it wont be long before he is in full flight trying to run the place and telling the Devs how and what they should be doing, inciting riots and the usual. His history of being banned on the Cakewalk forums was quite impressive, permanently banned under several different alias's. Good entertainment value though :lol:

But the Cakewalk forums having a greater noise level, being more of a social gathering place for many, you get all forms of nonsense going on there, where as I find the PreSonus forums more down to business and less fluff, and I kinda like it that way, so here's hoping he has changed his ways :wheee:
pekbro
KVRAF

1843 posts since 29 Sep, 2010, from Maui

Postby pekbro; Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:31 pm Re: Thoughts, Predictions & Reaction On The Official Release Of [Presonus Studio One 4.0] 22-05-2018

Just a note:

The UJAM Virtual Guitarist Sparkle promo for Studio One owners is worth taking,
pretty cool imo and a great freebie.

*It's in the news letter, incase you haven't seen it.
THE INTRANCER
KVRist

466 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Postby THE INTRANCER; Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:16 pm Re: Thoughts, Predictions & Reaction On The Official Release Of [Presonus Studio One 4.0] 22-05-2018

I don't make many requests on there...but for the sake of potential future sanity in actually using Studio One 4.0... I've made a request for HI-DPI to be rectified to ability of what it was in version 3.. maybe they will take more notice to do something than of what they do on the forums.... Vote vie the link below..

https://answers.presonus.com/30494/brin ... indows-bit
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 27 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect
Hink
Rad Grandad

26922 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Downeast Maine

Postby Hink; Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:01 pm Re: Thoughts, Predictions & Reaction On The Official Release Of [Presonus Studio One 4.0] 22-05-2018

Do we need this thread now that is a new one on how people like S1-4?
got any good fish stories? Let minnow
chk071
KVRAF

16054 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:17 pm Re: Thoughts, Predictions & Reaction On The Official Release Of [Presonus Studio One 4.0] 22-05-2018

I'd say, no. Especially as this thread kind of outlived itself, now that Studio One 4 is released for a couple of months.
THE INTRANCER
KVRist

466 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Postby THE INTRANCER; Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:31 pm Re: Thoughts, Predictions & Reaction On The Official Release Of [Presonus Studio One 4.0] 22-05-2018

Even if SO4 has been out, this thread has acquired a couple of thousand views in the past month... so it's still of interest, and is the largest collection of diverse posts which covers Studio One on here...
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 27 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect
Aliens
KVRian

587 posts since 1 Oct, 2016, from DogGirlDon't

Postby Aliens; Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:48 pm Re: Thoughts, Predictions & Reaction On The Official Release Of [Presonus Studio One 4.0] 22-05-2018

Hink wrote:Do we need this thread now that is a new one on how people like S1-4?

Nah, close it :tu:
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)