Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Frantz
KVRAF

4744 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:25 am Re: Fragile Gods - "Greatest Misses"

dellboy wrote:Listened to this a few times now,so here are my thoughts.

Pros: It sounds analogue enough to fool me. Great songwriting. Love the chord changes.

Cons: The drums could do with some variation ? Maybe drop out for a few beats or something ? Vary the velocity ?

The end is too abrupt for my taste. You obviously intended it that way ,but abrupt ending are hard to do right. 8)

Thanks, this is good feedback! I think I will eventually revisit this and add more varied drum fills and change the ending. But I need to put this away for awhile so I can hear it with fresh ears.
Frantz
KVRAF

Postby Frantz; Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:13 pm Re: Fragile Gods - "Greatest Misses"

Eauson wrote:Very cool, really liked this, has a KW meets Manchester feel, its very catchy.
Strings and acid√
Strong beat √
Catchy vocal√
Box1√
Box2√
Yep, ti √ all the boxes :D

KW meets Manchester is an interesting description. Thanks very much for your encouraging comments. :)
fastlanephil
KVRian

510 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Postby fastlanephil; Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:01 pm Re: Fragile Gods - "Greatest Misses"

Great job on this song! Good music and strong lyrics.

I was thinking about the title. I wonder if “ It happens all the time” would make a better title as it’s actually the hook for the listener as far as I can tell. Maybe changing it to “ It happens every time(?) might be catchier in that case or also use “It happens all the time”.

Now I’m thinking you could change the intro to the male and female voices repeating those two phrases with sort of a sexual enuendo to catch the listener’s attention.

Just thinkin’ Like a hack with the cigar. :D
layzer
KVRAF

5267 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:23 pm Re: Fragile Gods - "Greatest Misses"

solid electro-pop. catchy as usual.
yep, relationships - push-pull :borg:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
Frantz
KVRAF

Postby Frantz; Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:40 pm Re: Fragile Gods - "Greatest Misses"

Moe Shinola wrote:I dig! Backing track sounds like one of those synthwave tunes that's all over youtube. Cool vocals, too.

I am old and out of fashion but maybe I can ride a synthwave back into style? Glad you enjoyed it Moe. :)
an-electric-heart
KVRian

1491 posts since 13 Jun, 2008, from Napier,New Zealand

Postby an-electric-heart; Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:38 pm Re: Fragile Gods - "Greatest Misses"

Cool! That's awesome! Like Wags mentioned in the first comment, I was immediately hit with some Bowie-ness in your voice (not at all in the music), but I don't think you sound like him, or that you're copying him, I think he's just synonymous with that register, so it's hard to not hear that. You're like me, I love 80s music too (maybe a little too much, like I should broaden my pallet a bit :hihi:) ... so it's a good time to be alive, because the synthwave/80s thing is back in a big way right now... and I for one will still be doing it when it goes again. :lol: Oh yeah, and can't offer any tips to improve the mix; clear, even and punchy, nothing wrong there!
sjm
KVRAF

1549 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Postby sjm; Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:15 am Re: Fragile Gods - "Greatest Misses"

Great stuff, the two voices really work well together and complement each other.
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)
seismic1
KVRAF

8894 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:57 pm Re: Fragile Gods - "Greatest Misses"

That's some impressive songwriting, Frantz. I think it's probably your best yet. I love the rhythmic combination of the synth and percussion elements, and your vocals are a great fit with Aika's voice. It's a great combination. I wasn't crazy about the ending. It it were my choice I'd probably take the opening couple of bars from the intro and weld it onto the end of the song, and kill any lingering reverb/delay on the synth with some volume automation so the whole thing stops dead on the downbeat of the second bar. The mix is great.

Good work :)
Previous

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe