Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
justin3am
KVRAF

10353 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Southern California

Postby justin3am; Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:08 am Re: Nektar Panorama T4/T6 MIDI Controller Keyboards

Sorry. Lots of questions and comments and I will get to them as I have time but for now I have to get some work done. I'm really happy to see such interest in the Panorama T-series and Nektarine.
rod_zero
KVRAF

2844 posts since 28 Jan, 2011, from MEXICO

Postby rod_zero; Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:41 am Re: Nektar Panorama T4/T6 MIDI Controller Keyboards

@justin3am, thank for your perspective on the whole issue of MIDI controllers. It really surprises me people keep buying controllers with the same layout over and over again, I gave up after the second many years ago and I don't use my Push that much for programming synths even with the screen that shows name and value (but it is ok for lots of effects).

I just think that maybe if companies take bolder moves in the midi controller market they would be rewarded more, I think many of us have been begging for a good control surface, I just went with a System8 cause it works like my dream controller with Roland plugouts, and it has enough controls to map some other subtractive synths.
dedication to flying
Zexila
KVRAF

2762 posts since 17 Mar, 2008

Postby Zexila; Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:25 pm Re: Nektar Panorama T4/T6 MIDI Controller Keyboards

pc999 wrote:
justin3am wrote:There will not be a Linux version of Nektarine.

:(

It should be already time for Linux to be treated a first class OS.

It would be cool, but right now I'm happy to see Bitwig, U He and RME there, not using Linux for audio (but with those 3 on bard wouldn't mind it either), but when Windows 7 become XP, I'm gonna seriously think about it, by that time I hope Linux will raise, we all could use same distro for audio and developers would have easier time supporting that.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG
pc999
KVRian

1270 posts since 18 Aug, 2009

Postby pc999; Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:49 pm Re: Nektar Panorama T4/T6 MIDI Controller Keyboards

Zexila wrote:It would be cool, but right now I'm happy to see Bitwig, U He and RME there, not using Linux for audio (but with those 3 on bard wouldn't mind it either), but when Windows 7 become XP, I'm gonna seriously think about it, by that time I hope Linux will raise, we all could use same distro for audio and developers would have easier time supporting that.

Well, that we can fully control BWS in Linux is a nice step in the right direction.

Any Ubuntu based distro should be good.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)