Like Ensemble Pro

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is another program like Vienna Ensemble Pro?
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
DELL i-3770 3.9ghz, 12GB RAM, INTEL SSD,
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
TC ELECTRONIC impact twin 64 Bit
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

Or maybe a program to help Ableton.
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

I think Waves Soundgrid might be something for sharing resources over network.
But very different price tags since it's hardware involved.

Reaper is having some kind of sharing solution - but tried it and did not work, or just did not get it, don't know which. If both ends must be 64-bit and similar - unclear how gui of the same plugin needs to be installed on both - using two licenses and such. But have a look if valid for your purpose - but over to Ableton if you run Reaper as rewire slave might work.

How is VEP not good for you?
I heard nothing but good about it.
No own experience though.

What's your goal?

To answer your question without knowing the context is a bit difficult, but Bidule is quite like VEP. You could build your own VEP-type host in Max, too.

thanks
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

I heard great things about Vienna Ensemble Pro too...

Just trying to save my money!

Also, I use System Mechanic currently, it's nice! Really good boosters!
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

lfm wrote:
Reaper is having some kind of sharing solution - but tried it and did not work, or just did not get it, don't know which.
Well, I tried [REAmote] numerous times (this was a few yrs ago, mind), and it just didn't work on Mac was my conclusion.

It's s FAR from any replacement for VE Pro. All it is is an instance of whatever plugin in an interface with nothing_else. If what you want is what VE Pro does, there is no replacement.

VE Pro was designed in the first place to simplify what people were doing back in Gigastudio days which was server farms created out of multiple computers each running say a section of your orchestra in Giga, requiring an audio interface for each machine and porting the MIDI to each one thusly or via a MIDI box(es), and the audio via Lightpipe back to the sequencing machine.
(I'll never forget EWQL's refusal of VE Pro and relegating pertinent questions about 'why does nothing EWQL work in this' to their obscure hardware subform so whatshisface could tell us about his much superior solution (still requiring audio hardware for each slave) which never happened.)
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexRuger wrote: Bidule is quite like VEP.
No. It's great for what it does but VEP is a mixing solution with a GUI any DAW user can grasp, straight out of the box.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”