Windows dead. Reinstall imminent. What happens to my plugin licenses (iLok)?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since I'm working fulltime and trying to raise a bunch of kids... this is going to take awhile! So far so good though. Luckily the iLok app takes its ID from your computer's motherboard, so in case of hard drive failure and replacement (plus new OS).. it should still recognise your system upon refresh. Well it did for me.

Last night I installed my Waves plugins on my new desktop. Here's my notes...

- I had to install Waves Central on my laptop first and move licenses to the cloud (Note: unable to do this from the new desktop PC)
- I installed my V10s first using Waves Central
- Moved V9 licenses from Cloud to Computer
- Downloaded the legacy installer and installed V9s
- V9s and V10s co-existing fine

More notes on other experiences:

- Noticed that my account at Analog Obsession no longer exists. Make sure you have the latest installers on archive. AO are so amateur...
- AIR Music Tech... if you purchased from Plugin Boutique then you have access to the installers. If you purchased from AIR Music Tech... unless you have the installers, they're as good as gone. They don't allow public access to their downloads. AIR do not respond to support requests and all attempts to log into their site fail. This company is a SHAM.
- Fabfilter, Tokyo Dawn, Plugin Alliance, Soundtoys, Sonimus and a bunch of others all smooth with either recovering/shifting licenses or just straight out not needing to.

And special mention to Applied Acoustics system for 'Most Painless Install + Authorization' Award :D - how they build you a custom installer file that also authorises everything automatically. That's more like it!

Arturia - Too easy. You can simply deactivate plugin license locations (ie: your dead PC) from inside the user area of their website. Woo!

MogwaiBoy wrote: - AIR Music Tech... if you purchased from Plugin Boutique then you have access to the installers. If you purchased from AIR Music Tech... unless you have the installers, they're as good as gone. They don't allow public access to their downloads. AIR do not respond to support requests and all attempts to log into their site fail. This company is a SHAM!
What do you mean? You can go to their website, and download installers. Just hit the button Trial Version at the right, and download a "trial". If you have the license stored in an iLOK (a VERY advisable option) it's just a matter of install the "trial" and the license will be recognized, and you will be fine.

Not all products have this option, though. For Structure, you will only be able to download updates, not a full installer. But it's the only exception, AFAIK. For all the others. you will be able to get full installers.
Last edited by fmr on Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Oh, whoops - you are right. I guess I looked at Structure first, saw it was update only - then saw the others were 'Trial' versions, thinking they were not unlockable to their full versions. My mistake!

Still, I can't get into my account on their website and they don't respond to support requests.

Anyway it's full steam ahead with this plugin rebuild. I'm putting the top tier stuff (Fabfilter, TDR etc) on the OS SSD and other less used stuff on the data drive.

XLN Audio: You can de-authorize registered computer locations from your account on their website. Ideal!

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”