Most undiscussed vst synths

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some of the most underdiscussed synths would be:

Neumixturtrautonium
SuperSonico
Arido
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

zenophilix wrote:
Halfnhalf wrote:Dmitry Sches - Diversion flies under the radar and, IMO , is one of the best sounding and easy to program VST synths out there.
+1, the Dmitry Sches stuff sounds pretty fantastic. Happened to find out Thorn CM was the freebie for an issue of Computer Music that I missed, downloaded it, totally blown away. Legitimately stumbled upon the tonality I'd been chasing for the past year and a half. :hihi:
Apratim wrote:DS Thorn is I think underated due to serum
Not quite sure what you're getting at here, seeing as both utilize different types of synthesis.
I think like that because guys who don't understand the Power of spectral synthesis specially these serum kids I will say will only see Thorn as a wave table synth. So....it compared both
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Spc Arcsyn is,i think,too much underated ,but when you take the time to learn it , it s very powerful !

Sugar bytes ‘Factory’ - great to program, sounds great, I think it won some awards but no one seems to talk about it....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

chk071 wrote:Let's not discuss these synths too much anyway, otherwise they'd lose their "secret tip" status. ;)
I'm afraid they won't, only 20 usual KVR synth enthusiasts read threads like this anyways. :hihi:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Nope 1367 users so far with me writing this,if kvr counter is correct :):):)
Max Synths seems very promising and all free now :
http://www.vst4free.com/index.php?dev=MaxSynths

DrGonzo wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:Audiorealism synths. Great stuff but rarely seen anywhere.
Indeed. ABL Pro is insanely underrated.

/C
Underrated? I believe ABL is considered the best TB-303 emulation there is, by most people. It might not be talked about much, but that is because 303 is so the last century.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Kvr has a limit on how far back in time its search engine goes. But you could google the forum and see that Synth1 is one of the most discussed synths ever. Only the bulk of this discussion was before 2010.

BTW, what is there to discuss about it?

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:all free now
This always gets my attention. :hihi:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Dagger

twitewhite wrote:Synth1 isn't that great, even compared to other free synths. It's not bad by any means, but let's be honest. It's only is popular because it's free, there are many tutorials on it, and many soundbanks for it (and free and small file size, of course).
From what I've heard it is rather popular because it is heavily inspired by the Clavia Nord Lead synth.
That said, I like its sound but I never could get warm with its gui. It feels like a makeshift vst more than like a professional tool (just my opinion)

Apratim wrote:
zenophilix wrote:
Halfnhalf wrote:Dmitry Sches - Diversion flies under the radar and, IMO , is one of the best sounding and easy to program VST synths out there.
+1, the Dmitry Sches stuff sounds pretty fantastic. Happened to find out Thorn CM was the freebie for an issue of Computer Music that I missed, downloaded it, totally blown away. Legitimately stumbled upon the tonality I'd been chasing for the past year and a half. :hihi:
Apratim wrote:DS Thorn is I think underated due to serum
Not quite sure what you're getting at here, seeing as both utilize different types of synthesis.
I think like that because guys who don't understand the Power of spectral synthesis specially these serum kids I will say will only see Thorn as a wave table synth. So....it compared both
Thought about getting the discontinued Linplug Spectral before going for Thorn, expect it'd be really good too just never saw much on it and figured Thorn would be supported better into the future. Would still consider it for the low price compared to some, in Thorn's case hopefully the free CM and Beat mag versions will bring a lot of fans.
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

Most discussed synth would also be interesting to know. Sylenth1? Zebra? Massive? Serum?

Any ideas?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:Most discussed synth would also be interesting to know. Sylenth1? Zebra? Massive? Serum?

Any ideas?
All of the above. Most discussed is a bit of a more obvious question.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

fathom synth... cost noting, does everything

Image line Sytrus: if you are not looking for analog, sampling, or wavetable.
It is a 2 6 osc oversampling x64, with 12 unison voices and huge polyphony. It can do substractie, FM and RM.You can load custom waves, and also... it has an independant lfo + adsr + Mseq... for each parameter! I don't know any synth that does that, for almost no CPU

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”