MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (1.5 update available now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 1

Feature request :
Could we have multiple outputs from MODO Bass with definable crossover frequencies:
1. Bass Lo - Low Freq content, DI or DI and Amp or Amp only
2. Bass Di - Definable Low and Hi Pass, but DI Signal only, and/ or mid boost
3. Bass Amp - Definable Low and Hi Pass, DI only (for reamping) or Amp only.

Still waiting for MODO GUITARS ;)

Here's hoping for a 2018 release. It's been nearly 2 years now,,,
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Great suggestion ... since we are wishing here I'd like vst automation support instead of or in addition to control change messages.

axb312 wrote:Feature request :
Could we have multiple outputs from MODO Bass with definable crossover frequencies:
1. Bass Lo - Low Freq content, DI or DI and Amp or Amp only
2. Bass Di - Definable Low and Hi Pass, but DI Signal only, and/ or mid boost
3. Bass Amp - Definable Low and Hi Pass, DI only (for reamping) or Amp only.

IK Silent here?

axb312 wrote: 3. Bass Amp - Definable Low and Hi Pass, DI only (for reamping) or Amp only.
What MODO needs is a complete MIDI overhaul with MPE support.
I don't even see why it has an AMP built in. Softsynths do not need FX.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Because the idea is to have a suite that "gets you sorted out".

Not everyone is an audio engineer, a guitarist/bassist, etc. There are still people out there that are like "I want to use this instrument, and forget that I have to setup anything". Which is a valid argument.

Else, my FR's from the last page still stand. I know that Peter forwards these ideas, but I don't know if the dev team actually picks up on that. Would love to know what's going on. I really don't want to see a v2.0 yet. We can EASILY exceed v1.10 - do it like Spectrasonics with v1.9.xx. :tu:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Scotty wrote:Great suggestion ... since we are wishing here I'd like vst automation support instead of or in addition to control change messages.
There’s no automation? What the.

electro wrote:What MODO needs is a complete MIDI overhaul with MPE support.
A bass guitar model “needs” MPE? If that’s a not just a “nice to have” then nothing is

Phil B wrote:
electro wrote:What MODO needs is a complete MIDI overhaul with MPE support.
A bass guitar model “needs” MPE? If that’s a not just a “nice to have” then nothing is
Yeah I don’t think bass guitars need mpe so much. Of course it would be nice. Where you definitely would want it though for bass would be a fretless bass. But unless I’m mistaken there’s no fretless model in modo is there? If not there should be! With mpe!

But for the guitars I think they need it. At least I know I wouldn’t buy modo guitars without mpe since I’d just keep using kontakt guitars which can do it by copying instances.

Well, will see what is new about it!

I very liked "Let ring" mode, but have one problem - how to hear "let ring" sustain of two (more than one) different notes, which has little difference in start time - because for some reason if i pick two note simultaneously (via daw sequencer), it,s really works, but if second note will place a bit next in time line (even by 0.1 seconds) then sustain of first note will mute. I tried enable Chord mode as well - nope, the same.
I`m not a bass player, rather like use this instrument in various unusual ways, so, ideally would be ability to make playing by synth manner - pick notes on UI keyboard and hear sustain of all picked notes tohether without muting.
It's available here maybe ?

One thing I'd like to see is some type of option for a more aggressive style of picking. This is a big thing in metal. MODO as it is now sounds too tame to try to pull off a distorted metal bass. Some of that great distorted sound from metal bass tracks comes from the aggressive picking. Low tuning in a GREAT start, I'm very thankful that we got that.

There is automation in that it responds to keyswitches and midi CCs but you can't automate it within the vst plugin as per the SOS review quoted below...

"... performance control is only possible via MIDI with no option to use DAW automation. This won’t be a problem for most users, especially given that many controller keyboards have controller knobs for this very purpose, and assigning the appropriate MIDI controller to a variable function is simple, but I’d have liked to have had the flexibility to work either way."

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Scotty wrote:Great suggestion ... since we are wishing here I'd like vst automation support instead of or in addition to control change messages.
There’s no automation? What the.

Plus, I think the MIDI mapping needs more flexibility. In particular, I would like to be able assign value ranges to CC messages. For example, I prefer CC to key switches for changing between playing styles. I want to assign CC1 values 0-X for style 1, X-Y for style 2, Y-Z for style 3. Or CC64(pedal)=128 latch feature A, CC64=0 unlatch feature A. I can't configure what CC64=0 means.

Key switches are a non starter for me in terms of playing parts live, so I rely on dials, knobs, and pedals, which are much more natural controls to me. For example, every synth player is comfortable with the pitch wheel. The need for CC mappings also applies to how DAWs interpret key events vs. CC events. For example, with REAPER MIDI, the starting value of an CC is the last value encountered. It does a "look back". So if I have CC1=23 at measure 3 and I start playback at measure 4, playback will start with CC1=23. You can't do that with key switches. For key-based activation you need to manually roll back the transport to that last key switch that you want to be active. If that's 42 measures prior, that's a problem.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

I'm hoping for the Modo Guitars to arrive soon to complement this amazing bass emulation. I've seen enough clips of the performance of the bass to know how amazing and detailed the sounds are.

I'll say it's the most realistic bass virtual instrument I have ever heard.

Now it's just the guitars I'm waiting patiently on.

I have plenty of drum instruments to cover all the drum/perc tracks.

Hope the guitars come this year!!!
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Return to “Instruments”