PSP EQs, which to get?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tried to download the VST Plugin Analyzer, but it seems the website is down... Do you still have the installation file?
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Just a recommendation: pop some of these [or any] EQ's into something like Plugin Doctor or VST Plugin Analyzer and check for aliasing prior to purchase. The newer PSP EQ's like E27 [especially E27] and PreQursor2 perform very well in this regard, but the older plugins don't do as well IMO. Most people may not even notice or care, but it's always something I check for these days before making a purchase. Tools like that are also a great way to get a feel for what the plugin is really doing and how the curves look, if there are harmonics being generated, etc.
Trance, Trance Is Life

They're all really good. And they're all a little different.

I like McQ, because it's really versatile and sounds great.

It's SSL-ish.

Also like their Neve emulation ClassicQ. It's got an extra midband, which is nice. They're all good, really.
Last edited by badass_billy on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NVM, the website is perfectly fine. It turned out to be some temporary issue with my internet
hhuang9611 wrote:I tried to download the VST Plugin Analyzer, but it seems the website is down... Do you still have the installation file?
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Just a recommendation: pop some of these [or any] EQ's into something like Plugin Doctor or VST Plugin Analyzer and check for aliasing prior to purchase. The newer PSP EQ's like E27 [especially E27] and PreQursor2 perform very well in this regard, but the older plugins don't do as well IMO. Most people may not even notice or care, but it's always something I check for these days before making a purchase. Tools like that are also a great way to get a feel for what the plugin is really doing and how the curves look, if there are harmonics being generated, etc.
Trance, Trance Is Life

Fyi

E27 is still on sale at JRR
Amazon: why not use an alternative

E27 is now only $29 for a flash sale at various places online. :-( I paid somebody $50 for it "used" a couple months ago. Ah well - that was still a deal, just not a steal.

Nobel Q is very nice for adding some nice highs and doing a bit of shaping on the mids for vocals. Oddly, the low section doesn't work nearly as well and smears the transients when compared to Softube Tube Tech EQ, which is very similar. I like Nobel Q better for the highs and the Softube TT for the lows. But, I'm a bit spoiled.

I picked E27 up this week for £21 and have to say I'm extremely impressed with this EQ. In fact it is possibly the most "analog" sound EQ plugin that I've tried! A complete bargain!

I love PreCursor and E27, but honestly i'd say get them all if you can. PSP is one of my favorite developers. Everything they make is golden.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

I am fond of all the PSP EQs, as noted E27 is great and I get a lot of mileage from PreQursor2, Console, Classic, Noble, and Retro EQs. Also MixSaturator and MixBass can do crazy things tonally that aren't 100% predictable, I'd call them tone shapers rather than EQ.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:16 am E27 is CPU intensive but the best algorithmic ITB EQ if you ask me. One of those desert island plugins.
Not if you're stuck with a Pentium 4 laptop on it. :D

My vote would also go to MasterQ2. Great thing.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Return to “Effects”