Your favorite creative effect plugins.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, figured as much. All I got from NI is the finger, which is why I have the Reaktor player installed.

Actually until yesterday I had forgotten that I had it at all. Got it in a trade in the buy&sell section of kvr, back when it was still called the market place... XD

fabi wrote:Okay, figured as much. All I got from NI is the finger, which is why I have the Reaktor player installed.

Actually until yesterday I had forgotten that I had it at all. Got it in a trade in the buy&sell section of kvr, back when it was still called the market place... XD
You should consider picking up Komplete 11 Standard if you want full Reaktor. Buying separate NI products over time will usually end up with you spending more than just grabbing Komplete.

Last year I figured what is likely the cheapest way to do it. If you want the info, shoot me a PM. I don't want to take this thread too far off the rails and turn it into a discussion that belongs more in the FS/WTB Gossip/Discussion forum.

fabi wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
Bodhisan wrote:https://freakshowindustries.com

I don't think I've ever thrown this on a track and then taken if off.
I love that you can 'steal' it instead of buying. :D
That is an interesting concept. I might do that, just not to have a 14-day timer. If I like it, I can still purchase it from them, anyway. :) :phones:
Thanks for this, it's just evil fun. :evil: The sci-fi weird sound are the obvious applications, but I wonder about turning the mix knob way down to create a really subtle effect with this ...

I love the whole schtick these guys have going, like a warped Rage Against the Machine music video. Pretty fair price for it too. :tu:

MXXX, Spec Ops, Turnado, and Glitch2.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Tappistry wrote:
fabi wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
Bodhisan wrote:https://freakshowindustries.com

I don't think I've ever thrown this on a track and then taken if off.
I love that you can 'steal' it instead of buying. :D
That is an interesting concept. I might do that, just not to have a 14-day timer. If I like it, I can still purchase it from them, anyway. :) :phones:
Thanks for this, it's just evil fun. :evil: The sci-fi weird sound are the obvious applications, but I wonder about turning the mix knob way down to create a really subtle effect with this ...

I love the whole schtick these guys have going, like a warped Rage Against the Machine music video. Pretty fair price for it too. :tu:
Yeah the price is fair alright ;)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

try Sonic Charge plugins!

I really like vocoders for layering and blending sounds, rather than for traditional robot/synth voices.

I'm still using The Finger though I've never looked further for buffer effects. You don't really need to look much further than Reaktor.

The Drop definitely has a number of creative uses outside of the obvious.

Convolution effects are fun to make. Though I've found FL Studio's Convolver to be especially useful when editing IRs.

Audio Damage's Liquid is my favourite flanger effect. Panstation (autopan) and Vapor (diffusion chorus) are great effects also.

Softube's Acoustic Feedback is a lot of fun on less obvious sources with the right plugin chain following.

SMH wrote:What's a creative effect? Isn't it all creative? (hopefully :lol:)

I've been really getting into Poly-ana FX lately -the effect version that comes with the Poly-ana synth. You can do some amazing things with it using input not just to process thru the filters but also as a modulation control signal. And it's still a synth that makes it's own sounds too if you want.

I've been debating getting AdmiralQuality Scamp filter too before the sale ends Thursday. (Payday! Cutting it tight, lol!) I've been demoing it and it's got that same rich filter sound PA has. Admiral told me in an email that PAFX can do most of what SCAMP can and more but I think I might want it anyway just for the quicker work flow and smaller interface.

Are these creative effects? :scared:
Made a PAFX demo..

Before (clean Strat) : https://soundcloud.com/smh2600/clean-st ... -polyanafx

After : https://soundcloud.com/smh2600/admiral- ... b-on-strat

I'm playing chords and melodies on the keyboard and picking them out of the guitar part with the '002 - polyphonic comb' built-in patch in PAFX. Playing LFO on the mod wheel too.

How creative are we talking? Nothing beats FFT chaos for weirdness. DtBlkFx is still unbeatable for FFT mishmash.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/dtblkfx_by_darrell_tam

Unaspected wrote:I really like vocoders for layering and blending sounds, rather than for traditional robot/synth voices.
This is actually a great suggestion, thanks for this. :tu:

I'll stick to MMorph, MSpectralDelay, and PaulXStretch. There are of course many more!

I also like my own MUX multi effect (MuT8), since it allows me to easily and instantly try out new combinations of common fx to use on everyday sounds (such as a phaser on a synth bass).
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

For me it has to be the GlitchMachines plugins.

You can turn any audio into a glitchy, experimental source. It makes even a hi hat sound very very intersting. And it's also good because it brings new ideas into your productions.

Deefex wrote:For me it has to be the GlitchMachines plugins.

You can turn any audio into a glitchy, experimental source. It makes even a hi hat sound very very intersting. And it's also good because it brings new ideas into your productions.
Do you use them fully wet or as a send with dry/wet mixture?

Return to “Effects”