One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

ontrackp wrote:Voted.
Thanks to everyone who put time and effort into their tracks -- it's always fun to listen and comment. OSC is an interesting beast that seems to evolve (and sometimes devolve) over the years. It's nice to have Wags back to comment, and he's as upfront as ever (for those who are new, he was a long time participant).

Good luck to all!
That's what I love about Wags.....he just flies in out of nowhere and gives his honest opinion without singling out or attacking anyone in particular. He gets a bad rap, but I find him pretty entertaining when he gets rolling. I don't think he takes himself too seriously and I can relate to that!

Another one I'd like to see back in the fold is ZPrime....he was here in my first go rounds with top notch stuff and advice, then POOF....gone. (other than comments from time to time)
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

It wasn't that abrasive. That post wouldn't have been too far off the average tone on KvR 15 years ago.

I really like how nice/considerate KvR is now, but people do take things a bit personally.

vöted

Some good stuff obviously - but not the most inspirational round I'll be honest! I really wanted to learn synth1 just because it is a free synth legend, so I'm glad I made the effort this month for that reason alone.

I did not submit track this month also. However, Made track and so many good sounds. Figured out that synth1 latest build filters are behaving abonormally, especially in sustained sounds (or I missed something basic).

Best of luck. :tu:

Voted. Sorry about the super late vote submission.

There was a lot of hand wringing with this months 5s. I went more for je non se qua rather than sheer skill since so many of you clearly mastered synth1 programming. Great job everyone.

My personal faves were photonics and Noverbs. They just sounded so mature, like cuts from an upcoming album.

Final Photonic has Triumphed!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1st Photonic - Synth1 Every Time Inspiration - 129pts

2nd VCA-089 - My Summer Track - 122pts

3rd Schiing - schiing – Mt. Hope - 120pts

4th Jasinski - Go With The Flow - 118pts

5th TrojakEW - into the vOid - 117pts

6 L-Ectrobit - Slow DigiOcean 114 pts
7 The Chase - Noverb 113 pts
8 ilmai - One Synth Colossus 113 pts
9 ThePresent - Dish Number 49 112 pts
10 generaldiomedes - Battle of the Teutoburg Forest 111 pts
11 Trancemaster1339 - Mark Van Schaik - Out Of Time 111 pts
12 574x - Mvt. 1. A Lifetime Of Terror And Despair Mvt. 2. Death Only Exists For The Living 108 pts
13 Eauson - KVRoSc #112 Synth 1 Ichiro Toda 107 pts
14 Bh9090 - What The Hell? 105 pts
15 MaZe 6000 - ¥€₳₪! 105 pts
16 functionform - Between 102 pts
17 DoctorBob - 30's Toot 101 pts
18 ckoe - 112 Steps Ahead 100 pts
19 ontrackp - OnTrack P OSC112 Where It Goes 100 pts
20 Medniex - Daydreaming 100 pts
21 Zarf - Rough Jam 97 pts
22 theseth - a good day 97 pts
23 Darksynth FX - Amazing Again 97 pts
24 KontrollGruppe - Enclave 95 pts
25 spidergod - Journey to Europa 94 pts
26 Too68 - Bitter Holiday March 84 pts
27 Lokken - Synth1 Sketch 84 pts
28 OllyAudio - Synth1 83 pts
29 AmvEx - Choahuevo 82 pts
30 AlienXXX - Synth1 72 pts
dq TheNeverScene - Blind Horizons 130 pts

Prizes:
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize and specify whether or not you give permission to upload your track to our spotify/itunes/etc page run by rghvdberg (Sales would go to osc/prize pool), and pass it on to the next winner down. To receive the prize, it may take some time (even a week-month+), but be patient. :hug: NOTE: prizes are not passed down below top 5

Awesome work everyone :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 9EBLDeXnPk

:party:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Congrats PhotoNIC!
and VCA, Schiing, and Trojak!

Congratulations guys, especially Photonic, your track is up where it belongs
Synth1 was a great opportunity to be joining OSC once more, thanks bj for putting all this together :tu:

Edit: :o the guy who actually got the high3st score ... dq?!!

Yay, my highest placement yet, even though I wasn’t happy with my own track :D Congrats to all the winners, you deserved it!

I just want one top 5 finish before I die ... :cry:

Congrats to all the winners, well deserved! :clap:

Hmmm... surprise.
As always, I seem to be stuck in last place.
Maybe this is just not the place for me.

Sorry for not voting, I couldn't log into my account in time, but I really wanted to take it seriously and listened to everything and left some comments to make my voting more efficient. (But if I wrote something to critizise or joke it doesn't necessarily mean it's a worse track than one with just a positive comment and vice versa) :)
Thanks for not disqualifying me for not being able to vote!
My position is better than I expected so I'm quite happy with it!

Maybe I will drop in again some time... I'll probably have a look at the Scrooo now but I will only do it if I feel it's something that's really useful to me.

Since I'm not active in the forums, I feel like sharing some knowledge right here to tell you what I think I have learned about some free plugins :hihi:

-Sonimus SonEQ is really really great to get the bass under control and fatten up the sound!
-Fruity Parametric EQ2 is kinda shit really. It seems to mess with phases a lot and generally makes everything sound cheaper. I recommend not to use it (although I did, mainly to give it another chance since it looks so beautiful). Melda MEqualizer will probably be my go to choice now to further learn mixing with.
-Sonic Anomally Unlimited is probably the best free limiter, use this instead of your stock limiter.
-Best free reverb: probably still VOS epicVerb, OrilRiver is a strong competitor (but it doesn't save presets with my FL Studio 20)

Winners :tu:

Congrats Photonic - my top choice pretty much as soon as you posted it. Also, congrats to the other top 5-ers, all well deserved.

I'm happy with my place as I only has a little time to do this one. My cat was suffering acute kidney failure, and I had been nursing her day and night for a few weeks - syringing electrolytes, food and regular subcutaneous fluids to combat dehydration. She rallied and started to eat and drink to maintain her fluid balance - but suddenly on Friday she lost the use of her back legs and sadly passed yesterday. A very sad day for me after 16 years of company in my studio. The place is very quiet without her. :(

Now need to gather myself to get my Scroo entry done.

Anyways, congrats again to everyone. Hope my cheesy entry made you smile a little. :wink:

dB

Return to “Instruments”