2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

himalaya wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:How would you compare to my regulars... VintageVerb, VRoom, Blackhole?
Compared to VVV, Breeze2 holds a better balance in the mid frequencies. When doing a reverb shootout recently, I've noticed this weird muddiness in VVV, which I never heard before (mostly as I rarely bother doing shootouts and proper testing of reverbs). But there it was. Once heard, it can't be unheard, lol.

I think I posted about this earlier in the thread and bmanic has confirmed that he hears the same issue in VVV ( while a whole swathe of the populace don't hear it :hihi: )

It's something that can't be equalised out nor do i want to bother wasting time doing that.
I heard it too, but in VRoom (will look for it in VVV). bmanic described it like a buildup and recommended a reduction of 6-12dB of the region between 150-600Hz with an eq.

himalaya wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:How would you compare to my regulars... VintageVerb, VRoom, Blackhole?
Compared to VVV, Breeze2 holds a better balance in the mid frequencies. When doing a reverb shootout recently, I've noticed this weird muddiness in VVV, which I never heard before (mostly as I rarely bother doing shootouts and proper testing of reverbs). But there it was. Once heard, it can't be unheard, lol.

I think I posted about this earlier in the thread and bmanic has confirmed that he hears the same issue in VVV ( while a whole swathe of the populace don't hear it :hihi: )

It's something that can't be equalised out nor do i want to bother wasting time doing that.

So, Breeze2 has a much nicer sound in this area, and then, it's a top sounding reverb in all other areas, so for the money and no iLok (grr!) it was an easy decision to make. So I bought a licence.

However, I do prefer the way all the damping and EQ controls are designed/laid outing VVV, than in Breeze2. Maybe it's because I'm still new to Breeze2, and the curves seem too fresh in a reverb plugin, I dunno.... I need to give it more time.

I'd recommend Acon Verberate as a great companion to Breeze2 (or VVV) it's such a lush, and real sounding reverb, but yet so different to the usual suspects.
Thank you for your detailed response :)

I know what you mean about VVV - there is a real density in the low mids which could either be mud or warmth and thickness, depending.

Acon Verberate definitely interests me. They released a free "SOLO" reverb on...errr.... Reverb.com - which is a one-knob based on Verberate and sounds great. Not swirly otherwordly modulation but just really nice space/depth mix insertion. It has a, early reflection realism thing going on. I imagine Verberate is very comparable to VRoom.

Andrew Souter wrote:
e@rs wrote:How come there's no Breeze 2 review in the popular magazines yet?
(Not that I care too much, but I just find it strange.)
I suppose we could have taken the EA approach and just given it a new name such as Tempest, Hurricane, Typphon, Solar Wind, Toot :o , or Mimbus or whatever... :wink:
Ouch, tell us what you really think :wink:

I did. ;-) But i've also said positive things about those products too. They have some cool stuff happening too. :tu: Suspending processing when there is no input signal (like Logic has done for a while) is a nice feature for example we'd like to implement.

The point was just to make a hypothesis about what might attract attention for magazine reviews. Something that is perceived to be a new product is probably more interesting to write about than a 2.0 version -- even if our 2.0 version has a lot more actual new things happening than simply a new name and some incremental tweaks. I was just trying to answer the question posed as best as I could guess an answer. It's just a hypothesis. Could be wrong of course.

And the "toot" name, is just silly self depreciating (or is it defecating?) humor, as trying to quickly think about potential synonyms/thematic-variations of "Breeze". Perhaps that one was skewed by my recent experiences with my 2 year old son who has discovered purposeful use and abuse of such things for the sake of humor. He finds it very funny. I try not to encourage him, but he is just so proud of himself that it is indeed kinda hard not to laugh... :D ah the simply joys of potty humor. :wink:

No offense to anything else. There are lots of good options and it's nice to have flavors, like I said. :tu:

Andrew Souter wrote:I did. ;-) But i've also said positive things about those products too. They have some cool stuff happening too. :tu: Suspending processing when there is no input signal (like Logic has done for a while) is a nice feature for example we'd like to implement.

The point was just to make a hypothesis about what might attract attention for magazine reviews. Something that is perceived to be a new product is probably more interesting to write about than a 2.0 version -- even if our 2.0 version has a lot more actual new things happening than simply a new name and some incremental tweaks. I was just trying to answer the question posed as best as I could guess an answer. It's just a hypothesis. Could be wrong of course.

And the "toot" name, is just silly self depreciating (or is it defecating?) humor, as trying to quickly think about potential synonyms/thematic-variations of "Breeze". Perhaps that one was skewed by my recent experiences with my 2 year old son who has discovered purposeful use and abuse of such things for the sake of humor. He finds it very funny. I try not to encourage him, but he is just so proud of himself that it is indeed kinda hard not to laugh... :D

No offense to anything else. There are lots of good options and it's nice to have flavors, like I said. :tu:
:D :tu:
Your hypothesis has merit.
I can relate to your son's discovery, he may never grow out if it.
I would like to work "nice shooting the Breeze with you" into my reply, but I'm having difficulty.

:harp:

Good sounding verb, the sale price is more then fair..
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Sparky77 wrote:Good sounding verb, the sale price is more then fair..
To veer back on topic, I think Breeze 2 is a superb reverb at full price, any sale just makes it even better value.
I've got it, plus all the expansion packs.
It is a powerhouse of reverb offerings, with the bonus of being super CPU efficient.

My most used reverbs at this point in time are:

Seventh Heaven Pro
Breeze2
ReLab VSR S24
Acustica Ebony
EA Nimbus

Sparky77 wrote:Good sounding verb, the sale price is more then fair..

thanks.

the Big Splash Summer Promo will remain open until this Saturday FYI (for anyone else who is reading...)

Hey 2C, Just dropping in to say I love the sound and workflow of the new Breeze unit. Very CPU friendly. Particularly in love with getting a preset the way I desire and keep rolling the algo dice to interesting (subtle) variations, esp on the early part of the response. Also big fan of the full-interface EQ/Damp editors. Thanks for this one!

snigelx wrote:Hey 2C, Just dropping in to say I love the sound and workflow of the new Breeze unit. Very CPU friendly.
Thanks! :tu:
snigelx wrote: Particularly in love with getting a preset the way I desire and keep rolling the algo dice to interesting (subtle) variations, esp on the early part of the response. Also big fan of the full-interface EQ/Damp editors. Thanks for this one!
Yes, the most noticeable effect of the Alg Randomize button will be on the Early energy/reflections/ambience .

We like this system too. We've done some more with it already too. :tu:

Thanks again for the compliments.

Andrew Souter wrote: We like this system too. We've done some more with it already too. :tu:
That's wonderful news. Great feature. Cheers!

Also intrigued by this "Balance" feature as well. Not really sure what is going on there, but it's great to parellel things like percussion with this on the "AMB" using coloured algos.

Perhaps a dumb thing to mention, but seems like a little bug in the Time editor window. When one is operating in the full-screen Time window and clicks the down-arrow on the Algo chooser, no list appears (as is behavior on the main interface). One can still advance through the list with a mouse-click, so no big deal at all.

snigelx wrote:
Andrew Souter wrote: We like this system too. We've done some more with it already too. :tu:
That's wonderful news. Great feature. Cheers!

Also intrigued by this "Balance" feature as well. Not really sure what is going on there, but it's great to parellel things like percussion with this on the "AMB" using coloured algos.
ya there are some cool uses for that. we're not done on that topic. :wink:
snigelx wrote: Perhaps a dumb thing to mention, but seems like a little bug in the Time editor window. When one is operating in the full-screen Time window and clicks the down-arrow on the Algo chooser, no list appears (as is behavior on the main interface). One can still advance through the list with a mouse-click, so no big deal at all.
Known. It's some limitation that prevents having two identical OS-systems menus for some reason. We've made custom menus now. They look prettier and will be in the next free update, and solves this issue.

Now i had more time to dive deeper into the "balance" option i wonder what magic it does.
Is it like a distance setting like in some reverbs? Not sure but this feature is really sounding outstanding in certain cases in Breeze 2 and really makes a difference.
Now if B2 get that update ones it will be the best reverb in the universe (which it is already but this balance feature in Breeze 2 is something B2 can´t do).
So short said Breeze 2 is just freaking amazing and sound so deep and clean (if needed).
:tu:

Cinebient wrote:Now i had more time to dive deeper into the "balance" option i wonder what magic it does.
Is it like a distance setting like in some reverbs? Not sure but this feature is really sounding outstanding in certain cases in Breeze 2 and really makes a difference.
Now if B2 get that update ones it will be the best reverb in the universe (which it is already but this balance feature in Breeze 2 is something B2 can´t do).
So short said Breeze 2 is just freaking amazing and sound so deep and clean (if needed).
:tu:

thanks man! means a lot!

ya, I don't really know how to say it any more strongly without being an a-hole :scared: , but basically if you are reading this, you probably want Breeze 2. That's basically it. ...and you're gonna want it even more shortly as well...

(ah remember the good old days when SNL, was actually funny??)
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Here's a little peak at two GUI enhancements we've worked on:

1) parameter trackers. cool for things that don't display values like sliders, and meters etc.

2) we're gonna allow you to colorize other parts of the GUI if you like, such as the background etc. In this example we have a subtle blue tint to the background. A huge variety of different looks are possible to get different looks/feels/vibes.

Return to “Effects”