Best complete bundle for orchestral composing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Guys!

It looks like this thread got a bit off topic. At the risk of interrupting the conversation here. I just wanted to point of Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is a great orchestral composition tool. This software offers not only a great stand-alone software for writing, practice, or live use. This software also offers VST, AU, and AAX compatibility for use in most DAWs or Notation software.

Learn more on Miroslav Philharmonik 2 or check out some of the specs below.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

fmr wrote:
BMoore wrote:
jancivil wrote:
BMoore wrote:
jancivil wrote:
BMoore wrote:Probably a PayPal fee, and not the exchange rate.
Turns out it's both, genius.
slow :clap:
You know there's a difference between the exchange rate itself, as badtunes thought, and an exchange rate fee, right?
You know that the issue of the amount of money he didn't expect to pay was a product of both, you being the one who went there, right? I mean that is the 'it' in my sentence, clearly. This is what you think makes you smarter than people, was the actual thing I wanted to convey here. It's really f**king bleak, buddy.
What's bleak, is that you don't understand the difference here.
There are exchange rate fees, and there are exchange rates. And there are different issues.

1. The fee is something the bank charges for an exchange operation (an operation where the bank sells foreign currency to its customer to pay someone, or buys foreign currency from its customer, to transform it in its country currency). This varies from bank to bank (and Paypal here is working as a bank). Paypal is not the worst (I know, I had one really bad experience with Bank of America), but not the best either.

2. Another thing is the exchange rate itself. There is one exchange rate published, but people often ignore that, when the bank sells foreign currency to its customer, it doesn't sell it at the same price it buys from other banks (or simply draws for its own accounts in foreign currency). Therefore, there is a price to SELL foreign currency to the customer and another price to BUY foreign currency from the customer (when, for example, the customer receives money in a foreign currency and wants that exchanged into its own country currency).

3. In other words, if we (europeans) receive dollars and want euros, the exchange rate is read by the bank in the BUY column (because the bank is buyiong dollars from us). If we want to make a payment in dollars, the bank will read the price in the SELL column (because the bank is selling dollars to us.

4. Of course, when the bank buys dollars, it buys them cheaper than when it sells - therefoe, there are actually TWO exchange rates - one to buy and another to sell. AND it will always charge the fee over the amount of the operation. AND there will be taxes (at least over here) that we have to pay over ihe amount of the operation.

This is the wonderful world of the FREE trade. :hihi:
Why are you telling me this?!
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Ryan_IK wrote:Hey Guys! It looks like this thread got a bit off topic.
Hey Ryan. We're not off topic, we shifted into a new paradigm (like, you know...) Orchestral samples are so expensive, the "complete bundle" in 2018 now includes high-return IRA investments, low bank fees, monitoring the FOREX to get the best exchange rate, and not supporting right-wing billionaires....
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Finished my first full length VSL based track.

From my upcoming CD "The Vocaloids Live At Carnegie Hall"

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... va-on-lead

Michael L wrote: Hey Ryan. We're not off topic, we shifted into a new paradigm (like, you know...) Orchestral samples are so expensive, the "complete bundle" in 2018 now includes high-return IRA investments, low bank fees, monitoring the FOREX to get the best exchange rate, and not supporting right-wing billionaires....
I like your comments Miss da Mike...

You have a sophisticated way of taking the piss :wink:
No auto tune...

Sorry to resurrect this thread but this will absolutely be the last questions.

1. My trials for MIR rooms 2 - 6 will expire in a few days. When it does, will they be removed from the list of available rooms when I pull MIR up or will they still show up because they're installed but simply unavailable?

2. I got my SSD drives installed today. I am in the process of copying my VSL folder from my external drive to my SSD drive. How do I get Vienna Pro 2 to look to my SSD drive instead of my external drive to pull the samples? Do I have to actually reinstall everything or do I just pull up a new path?

By the way, purchased the complete Orchestral and Appassionata libraries and volume 1 of Dimension Strings. Am very happy with everything.

You'd probably be hard-pressed to find as good a deal as Spitfire BBCSO Core, which would give you almost all you need, except a piano (not sure why they did not include that) and choir. I am not as much of a fan of the brass as I am of the strings, though. Woodwinds are okay.

For brass, though, you could consider Sample Modeling. Some people don´t like their sound for orchestral compositions, but I personally think they do just fine. You are not gonna get the same level of realism with any other brass vst, in my humble opinion, but that is only if you use a breath controller, of course.

BMoore wrote:
jancivil wrote:
BMoore wrote:
jancivil wrote:
BMoore wrote:Probably a PayPal fee, and not the exchange rate.
Turns out it's both, genius.
slow :clap:
You know there's a difference between the exchange rate itself, as badtunes thought, and an exchange rate fee, right?
You know that the issue of the amount of money he didn't expect to pay was a product of both, you being the one who went there, right? I mean that is the 'it' in my sentence, clearly. This is what you think makes you smarter than people, was the actual thing I wanted to convey here. It's really f**king bleak, buddy.
What's bleak, is that you don't understand the difference here.
:idiot:

I think SWAM is mighty good, but solo instrument libraries are not where you really want to create an ensemble, where the goalpost 'orchestral' resides. There is one person who has done a miraculous job I know of (there's a youtube, no I can't recall details) but I wouldn't even want to try it's so much hassle, with a nearly insurmountable problem of the viability of the acoustical behavior of an ensemble has to be faked.

I find it funny when I see a title in yellow that makes me think that there's no way that I posted in that thread. I see the good folks at Flux are trying to tempt me with SPAT session or whatever they call their "affordable" version. Meh, I'm not buying anything else.

I think I will spend some money on the Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition (Diamond) from EastWest. The new UI and the Opus Orchestrator did really sell the product to me, even if $695 is a large amount for someone who have never composed music using classical instruments.

Is there anything better for the price, or am I actually already pretty covered with the Komplete 13 Ultimate CE?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

The strings in string ensemble sound very nice, but it is lacking in diverse articulations

noiseboyuk wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:53 pm Damn I said it would be my last post...

don't get orchestral advice from KVR.
you exclude yourself do you?
:roll:
I'd say ignore your advice to adopt EWQL, and I have very good reasons for that.
I'd additionally say to look at remarks which add as though an afterthought 'no legato' closely.
If one gets serious, one is going to have to buy again, c'mon.

"It is completely out of step with what the opinion of those who use this stuff routinely."
Who cares, it's opinions of strangers on the internet, for the sake of f**k. Who are you to say what someone else does?
Do you grok what strawman argumentation is?
If the goal is to be a jobbing hack for regular TV work, the OP isn't probably headed there soon anyway.

I argued for a cogent workflow situation and the better way to "learn articulations" because it's all easy to see.
Did anyone post screenshots of Play? Also EWQL has a fair bit of just shoddy documentation.

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:26 am I think I will spend some money on the Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition (Diamond) from EastWest. The new UI and the Opus Orchestrator did really sell the product to me, even if $695 is a large amount for someone who have never composed music using classical instruments.

Is there anything better for the price, or am I actually already pretty covered with the Komplete 13 Ultimate CE?

I can't believe the UI sold you on anything EastWest, they're notoriously cryptic and user unfriendly. And $695 is an insane price to pay for anything IMO, esp someone just starting out. Far better stuff for the price IMO.

Sonic Scores Amadeus for example is very user friendly, sounds very good, and is just $149. Also Audio Imperia Nucleus, which is normally $450 but can be had on sale for roughly half that. There are others as well depending on what you want all in the $200-400 range.

Manzo88 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:37 pm You'd probably be hard-pressed to find as good a deal as Spitfire BBCSO Core, which would give you almost all you need, except a piano (not sure why they did not include that) and choir.
- And ensembles.
- And string solo instruments.

Hardly "complete" IMO.

Return to “Instruments”