MB-7 Mixer 3.1 Released, with built-in effects, GUI zoom and more!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MB-7 Mixer

We are glad to announce Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer 3.1. This new version includes 28 built-in audio effects that can be applied to individual frequency bands, and dozens of new features and enhancements improving the workflow and performance (full list below): this is a recommended free update for everyone, check it out!

Enjoy!

What's new in v3.1:
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Added 28 built-in plug-ins borrowed from the Late Replies plug-in.
- New spectral manipulation and sound design presets using the built-in effects.
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- Default preset now also saves the state of locks (when using "save as user default").
- Major presets loading improvements: hosted plug-ins are now reloaded only when changed, and updated otherwise. Improves performance and audio rendering when loading presets using the same plug-ins.
- Faster GUI loading / instantaneous GUI display after it has been opened once.
- New option to keep plug-ins windows always on top.
- Performance and memory usage improvements.
- Mac: new installer.
- VST3: factory presets are not exposed to the host application anymore.
- Fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra.
- Fixed host keyboard shortcuts lost when a sub plug-in is opened (in several host applications).
- Fixed sub-plug-ins automation overwritten when using touch mode in some hosts.
- Fixed: changing bypass in the Audio Unit version did not update host application's bypass state.
- Fixed: bypass buttons are now in sync with the hosted plug-ins' state.
- Win: fixed copy/paste that sometimes stopped working until next app restart.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS and DirectX plug-ins formats.

Congrats on the new release! As if MB-7 wasn't powerful enough, now it's a self-contained multiband sound design tool without any external effects.

How many more plugins can MB-7 possibly replace? :lol:

:tu:

Looks REALLY cool, thanks!

Am I correct in thinking that the metered level changes from any particular band in MB-7 can be converted to MIDI CC values for modulating parameters elsewhere, as in several of your other devices?

Per band Peak, Peak Hold, Max. Peak: you can find the info on p. 30 of the manual, downloadable on the product page.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

Indeed!

Tappistry wrote:Congrats on the new release! As if MB-7 wasn't powerful enough, now it's a self-contained multiband sound design tool without any external effects.

How many more plugins can MB-7 possibly replace? :lol:
That's hard to tell! But you can get some pretty crazy effects out of it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgRZBOHMyJA

cturner wrote:Per band Peak, Peak Hold, Max. Peak: you can find the info on p. 30 of the manual, downloadable on the product page.
Mouth-watering:) Thanks!

Is there any chance that a future version will include linear phase crossovers as an option?

+1.
Sometimes it's not needed, sometimes you need it :)

We are indeed thinking about it...

Will this plugin ever support loading AAX into their bands? Does it ever go on sale? Thanks

virgulino lampiao wrote:Will this plugin ever support loading AAX into their bands? Does it ever go on sale? Thanks
It was actually on sale right before they released this newest (free) update. I also saw a rewards coupon in my Plugin Boutique account for 30% off sometime before that sale as well. Blue Cat usually have sales when they release new products (introductory pricing). Their bigger sales on their whole product line seem to happen in the vicinity of Christmas & New Years. Other than that, a few sporadic ones throughout the year on specific products.

As far as loading AAX, I'll let Blue Cat answer that one. But I think the main appeal and purpose for Pro Tools users with MB-7 and/or Patchwork is the ability to bring VSTs into their projects alongside AAX plugins.

Thanks for the sale info sir. I will check Plugin Boutique

You're right about the benefit of loading VSTs in a AAX system, but it would be nice not having to install VSTs and AAX versions of the same plugins in order to be able to also use them with MB-7.

Best

We indeed do not do sales very often, as we believe in fair pricing policies. So don't expect to get 50% off our plug-ins anytime soon :).

AAX hosting is currently not possible and not allowed by AVID, that's why it is not likely to happen in the near future. Installing both the AAX and VST versions is indeed not the most convenient thing, but since most AAX plug-ins also exist as VSTs, it is at least feasible.

Thanks for your reply. Fair enough. I was just avoiding paying for MB-7 to see it go on sale for $29 or so a few days later. I have lived without MB-7 till this day, so Id wait for a promo no problem. But if you guys' policy is transparent pricing without bull shit fake MSRPs, I appreciate and support your atitude. Best

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”