psytrance track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ive visited this forum for a sh*tload of reasons over the years, from production techniques and tips to personal opinions about monitors and sound interfaces, I've got a lot of info out of this forum, so I just wanted to share a psytrance song with whomever wants to listen and perhaps provide some feedback.

https://soundcloud.com/neervos/jungle-r ... iginal-mix

ps. song created 5 years ago, but I was never happy, and only recently did I get my act straight and really worked on it

pps. it may sound a bit low on volume but that's due to the fact that I like to work with a lot of headroom available.

cheers
Last edited by Nervos on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Why share a track which is 5 years old? Make new one, and better ;)
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:Why share a track which is 5 years old? Make new one, and better ;)
The project itself is 5 years old, but only recently did I changed some important stuff, one can have a track stored for a number of years and still just share it when he thinks its the right time.

SA night full on, stuff like this really work nice on the floor, nice one! :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Can be troublesome revisiting old projects as sometimes they don't sound as good as you remember :)
Cool track, drums kick nice and hard where they are meant to and I enjoyed listening to something different. :tu: Don't have much to critique stylistically as it is not a genre I normally frequent.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

I'm not a psytrance aficionado by any means, however I listened to mushy mushy's psytrance track and was taken aback by its quality. This is somewhat off that standard, it seems a touch generic, its psytrance but its a bit long in the tooth and does sound 5 yrs out of date.
Sorry, sometimes I wonder why I write comments, I'm not interested in hurting peoples feelings I'm interested in good music, whatever the genre. This is my opinion and one persons opinion does not row a boat.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 8
Performance - 8
Mix - 7

Overall - 7.5

Comments: Decided to finally give this a listen. Well, it certainly sounds like somebody's first psytrance track from the stone ages. Having said that, I don't judge tracks on how old they sound but how they sound period. My problem with this track is that it lacks excitement. It's bare bones for just about any genre. The mix is very uneven. The riffs are dull. I'm just not feeling the excitement. The sounds are diverse. I have no problem with them per say. They just feel like they were thrown together in a mixing bowl. There's no theme. It's like, "Let's see how this works?" Trust me, I've heard a lot worse. This doesn't even come close to qualifying for bottom of the barrel. But it is just very average.

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:How do you guys like this?
https://soundcloud.com/del-biomechanix- ... -elevation
Um not to be rude, but shouldn't you be starting your own thread with this? Really not cool to hijack somebody else's thread with your music. That's just flat out wrong.

That's not mine, just posting some similar genre music to see whether you actually dig the style or not, this is quite gem of the track.

wagtunes wrote:
Zexila wrote:How do you guys like this?
https://soundcloud.com/del-biomechanix- ... -elevation
Um not to be rude, but shouldn't you be starting your own thread with this? Really not cool to hijack somebody else's thread with your music. That's just flat out wrong.
agreed ...

Zexila wrote:That's not mine, just posting some similar genre music to see whether you actually dig the style or not, this is quite gem of the track.
I don't know. I'm not sure how much the OP would appreciate everybody suddenly talking about this track instead of his. Of course given the reaction so far, maybe he'd be relieved.

Still, if it were me, I wouldn't do it unless they specifically asked me to post an example of a "good" Psytrance track.

I know I wouldn't like it if folks started posting other people's music in my Wagtunes Corner thread. I mean I get so few listens as it is.

Anyway, just my opinion FWIW.

Well, you all gave stab at his music and just wanted to open your mind about it more, it's quite an niche style of full on, probably most of you don't like it at all, he is from Portugal and that guys are known for this style, probably he is one of the guys that tried to make this stuff he was listening at the parties and etc.

I will remove that track if he have problem with it, no big deal. :tu:

please start a new thread ...

experimental.crow wrote:please start a new thread ...
Please ignore me. :wink: Also you could comment on music while you are here being all moderator and stuff. :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”