Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
T-RackS Group Buy! Up to 5 free mixing and mastering processors!

T-RackS Group Buy

Easy-to-reach tiers, up to 5 free processors.

Mixing and mastering processors, including Lurssen Mastering Console.

Read more at www.ikmultimedia.com
acousticglue
KVRist
 
418 posts since 27 May, 2008

Postby acousticglue; Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:19 pm Octaver Defretter

What are vst vst3 options here?
bitman
KVRist
 
131 posts since 18 Aug, 2008

Postby bitman; Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:08 pm Re: Octaver Defretter

What's a defretter?
Winstontaneous
KVRian
 
1348 posts since 14 Feb, 2006, from Berkeley, CA

Postby Winstontaneous; Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:11 pm Re: Octaver Defretter

CapnLockheed
KVRAF
 
2186 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from Central NY

Postby CapnLockheed; Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:26 am Re: Octaver Defretter

Oh for f*ck's sake. Obviously the OP is not looking for a hardware luthier tool to yank the frets out of his guitar. CLEARLY what he's after is a plugin to make the guitar SOUND like a fretless guitar.
AFAIK no such animal exists in VST OR hardware stompbox. Now octavers....there's plenty of those:

There's this thing called Google........

https://www.google.com/search?q=octaver+vst&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS790US790&oq=octaver+vst&aqs=chrome..69i57.3509j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

http://www.fandalism.com/cristofe
Winstontaneous
KVRian
 
1348 posts since 14 Feb, 2006, from Berkeley, CA

Postby Winstontaneous; Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:57 am Re: Octaver Defretter

My response was also a gentle sideways suggestion to OP to give people enough info to help. :wink:
Boss Bass multi-FX boxes in the GT series have had a Defretter effect but I haven't seen a similar plugin.

CapnLockheed wrote:Oh for f*ck's sake. Obviously the OP is not looking for a hardware luthier tool to yank the frets out of his guitar. CLEARLY what he's after is a plugin to make the guitar SOUND like a fretless guitar.
AFAIK no such animal exists in VST OR hardware stompbox. Now octavers....there's plenty of those:

There's this thing called Google........

https://www.google.com/search?q=octaver+vst&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS790US790&oq=octaver+vst&aqs=chrome..69i57.3509j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
acousticglue
KVRist
 
418 posts since 27 May, 2008

Postby acousticglue; Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:06 pm Re: Octaver Defretter

I have Quadovoxx. Looking for something vst more Boss or Amplitube 4 like. Defretter vst not sure why hasnt been done
Etienne1973
KVRist
 
285 posts since 7 Feb, 2013, from Switzerland

Postby Etienne1973; Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:06 pm Re: Octaver Defretter

Plug&Mix Octaplexer
imrae
KVRist
 
323 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

Postby imrae; Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:14 pm Re: Octaver Defretter

Does anyone have a technical idea of what a defretter effect actually does?

I wonder if it might be possible to dial in something similar using Nvelope or a dynamic filter.
jmalge
KVRer
 
26 posts since 31 Jul, 2016

Postby jmalge; Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:14 am Re: Octaver Defretter

imrae wrote:Does anyone have a technical idea of what a defretter effect actually does?

I wonder if it might be possible to dial in something similar using Nvelope or a dynamic filter.


On my old Boss GT10B the "defretter" was basically an envelope follower attached to a resonant high shelf, where the follower modulated the depth of the cut above the cutoff frequency as well as the cutoff frequency itself. It was similar to an envelope-modulated low pass filter, but less aggressive.

So yeah a filter plugin with the appropriate filter types and a follower would work. Melda's MFilter for example can do it easily.
CapnLockheed
KVRAF
 
2186 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from Central NY

Postby CapnLockheed; Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:39 pm Re: Octaver Defretter

jmalge wrote:
imrae wrote:Does anyone have a technical idea of what a defretter effect actually does?

I wonder if it might be possible to dial in something similar using Nvelope or a dynamic filter.


On my old Boss GT10B the "defretter" was basically an envelope follower attached to a resonant high shelf, where the follower modulated the depth of the cut above the cutoff frequency as well as the cutoff frequency itself. It was similar to an envelope-modulated low pass filter, but less aggressive.

So yeah a filter plugin with the appropriate filter types and a follower would work. Melda's MFilter for example can do it easily.


Yup....that makes sense. Seems odd that no one has made a plugin or stompbox dedicated
to "defretting". It might take some doing to dial it in with a standard filter/follower.

Should be pretty easy to slap one together in Reaktor.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

http://www.fandalism.com/cristofe

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects