Midas Venice F32 Windows 10 audio loss after few hours

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, new here. First post but I have a painfull issue with a not so common console.

I bought this console roughly 2 years ago not knowing it doesn't officially support Windows 10.
The driver officially supports windows 7 only. However it does work on win10.

My issue is that after a couple hours runtime, windows audio stops outputting it's signal to the desk. The driver doesn't crash nor do applications using it. It just stops sending the output. Windows mapped inputs (my mic) also keep working so when I'm in a call people can still hear me.
Also ASIO inside any DAW keeps working and transmits audio back to the console.

The way to work around this after it happened is to exit all applications that need to use the " windows default output " which is the console. Then open them again. Or keep them open and turn off / on the console.

I've been in a converstation with Midas support but they can't really know if it's an issue with the console hardware or the fact that I'm running windows10 but it's probably the latter.
Problem is I can't find ANY other person on the internet having this issue and I can't imagine that every other person owning a Venice F desk only running Windows 7.

Is there anyone here running a Venice F with windows 10? What's your experience. I could use the onboard pc soundcard and run a cable to the mixer to fix it but that brings tremendous amount of static from the pc ofcourse.

I'm at a loss and hope you guys have some advice other than to say goodbye to the Venice and get something like Orion 32 and any pure analog console of my choosing, which I'm already considering at this point...

Stuff I already tried:
- Reinstalling drivers
- Replacing pc firewire card
- Full clean install Windows 10

Sorry to say, but I don't think you'll find a solution to this other than buying an old copy of Win 7 and installing it.

This is exactly why my studio PC is still on Win7. My Mackie Onyx 1620i does not have drivers beyond Win7 either. Several people on these forums and Gearslutz have been able to get these older boards to work for short periods of time (an hour or two at most), but there's no long term solution I've been able to find in the last three years of looking.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”