MauSynth VSTi official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MauSynth

I can give you 2 tips:

- Sliders and Modwheel: Hold SHIFT to fine-adjust.

- Knobs: Hold ALT to temp-switch to Circular knobmode. This allows for very fine adjustments by clicking the knob, holding the mousebutton, and then dragging around the knob in a circular fashion. (The further you move away from the center of the knob the finer the adjustments will be, see attached animation.)

click to view animation

Hey thanks! I also realized the shift (*edited) will work but on the generic GUI from my host..weird but at least there's a way.. :-)

It's really unfortunate that you can't really fine tweak this synth with just one mouse hand and have the other playing notes..too bad but still a great piece!
Last edited by yul on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, would be cool if one could just use the right mousebutton for fine.

Together with a readout display it would make things so much easier...

(I guess so far ive programmed all of my MauSynth presets in VSTHost because i too prefer to work with a generic UI that lets me see and type in precise values.)

Hopefully the dev will notice. It's really a great piece it sounds really good!

*I edited my previous post to shift instead of shit..

Cheers

Mausynth 11 is out since a while now. What an amazing piece yet the fine tuning is still a challenge I am starting to think it is on purpose. Cheers

yul wrote:Mausynth 11 is out since a while now. What an amazing piece yet the fine tuning is still a challenge I am starting to think it is on purpose. Cheers
'MauSynth 11' is the DLL with the grey skin by gamecat666.

Its the same as 'MauSynth 10', only with different UI graphics.

There was talk about a MauSynth 2 some time ago but nothing has materialized yet.

Wow that would be nice! I wish the dev would take notice as this is probably the only major omission in a fantastic synth.

I made my own layout in Mux/Mulab. Much better for me especially for fine tuning of the osc pitch which was quite hard in the original gui. i left out the delay portion which i don't use. in any case the actual gui can be launched by clicking on the small icon down at the right.
mausynth.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Having a problem in ableton and bitwig. Doesent show up in ableton but bitwig gives a "com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Could not read VST plug-in metadata
64 bit plugin host reported errors: Pluginhost returned non zero exit code -1

32 bit plugin host reported errors: Pluginhost returned non zero exit code -1" error in bitwig. '

I've tried both x64 and x32 v's of every skin, changing the dir, and reinstalling the c++ file but to no avail... any help would be appreciated.

Just discovered this. I'm using this in Bitwig and it loads fine. However there is the occasional sonic glitch. Anynoe else hearing a weird click or something every once in a wile that interrupts the sound?

Yep definitely not usable for me. The sound is interrupted every minute or so. Too bad, nice sound.

FYI the KVR link opens some weird spammy website podcast blog or whatever with no download, update, contact or subscribe... so I guess its done and dusted. The VST doesnt work in a new Win10/Live 11 build, but could be a C++ issue... investigating further ;)

Return to “Instruments”