Eventide Newfangled Audio Elevate (mastering bundle)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elevate Mastering Bundle

This limiter sounds pretty spesh,
I'm not a mastering engineer, but i like to dabble and also master stuff for internet and sharing purposes.
I also limit drums a bit here and there, but the CPU demand and latency of this thing is flippin HUGE!!
I already own Nugen ISL2 and Sonnox Limiter, but is it something I'm gonna regret not buying at this price?

sqigls wrote: I already own Nugen ISL2 and Sonnox Limiter, but is it something I'm gonna regret not buying at this price?
My opinon: no. I have ISL2 and now Limitless. First, Elevate is not a true peak limiter so that rules it out right away for mastering. To me this isn't an opinion: if it doesn't prevent ISPs then it's not a mastering limiter. I didn't find the EQ and transient processing to be anything special. But others here seem to be in love with it. Best to try the demo and make your own decision.

yeah i demoed it, and it sounds great, but i don't think i'd use it often enough...
103.3ms worth of latency, I can't exactly use it in my live set :P
Gonna get UA Zip instead :D

Time to bump this with some cool news. Newfangled Audio has updated the Elevate Mastering Bundle to v1.5 and have included two completely new plug-ins. Info from the newsletter below, the update is available for download from the Eventide page:

Newfangled Audio is releasing an update to their acclaimed mixing and mastering bundle, Elevate. Version 1.5 will feature two new breakout plugins, Saturate and Punctuate, making it the most comprehensive mastering bundle available.
  • Saturate is based on Elevate’s spectral clipper and can add up to 12 dB of clipping with a variable shape parameter which moves from a pleasant soft curve to full hard clipping.
  • Punctuate is based on Elevate’s transient emphasis section.
  • EQuivocate has a host of feature updates, including Range (which allows you to scale or invert the total dB range for the EQ), Enable Buttons, and other workflow improvements.
  • Elevate now has ISP (Inter-Sample Peak) detection.
Damn nice for a .5 update, I say!

BeeDog wrote:Time to bump this with some cool news. Newfangled Audio has updated the Elevate Mastering Bundle to v1.5 and have included two completely new plug-ins. Info from the newsletter below, the update is available for download from the Eventide page:

Newfangled Audio is releasing an update to their acclaimed mixing and mastering bundle, Elevate. Version 1.5 will feature two new breakout plugins, Saturate and Punctuate, making it the most comprehensive mastering bundle available.
  • Saturate is based on Elevate’s spectral clipper and can add up to 12 dB of clipping with a variable shape parameter which moves from a pleasant soft curve to full hard clipping.
Saturate is OUTRAGEOUS (in a good way).

The graphic bug is also outrageous. in a bad way :roll:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I'm not aware of any current graphic bugs. What are you seeing?
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

Thanks for this update!
Much appreciated.

True peak limiting added as a switchable mode. Now plays much more nicely with my buggy graphics card (my radeon r270 is will crash from some openGL implementations but it works great with elevate).
I can turn off openGL and I get a little more asio power back.

The free extra modules are a great addition. Thanks eventide.

EQuivocate is amazing. Sooooo much than just an EQ. Crazy not seeing it mentioned more in threads.

This tool is like a sharp knife for pure sound sculpting. Great update, thanks.

Very Nice update, I love the two new free added plugins :)

Gotta love those guys 'mastering' in real time and complaining that limiter X is not catching an ISP of +0.3 db... for a thousandth of a second, or even less.

Because, you know, audio editors and offline processing were doing it accurately like 20 years ago... Slam the limiter all you want, then remove any ISPs with an offline process. Apparently this is not an option for the kvr elite...

Hi,

Excuse my ignorance, but could someone explain what some of these plugins do, and how they can improve my music? EQuivocate I know, but what about the others (including the new ones)? I watched the promo video but it was, well, less than helpful. :)

As someone mentioned above, it's interesting times with both Eventide and Izotope on the improve-mixes theme, and now also Zynaptiq with the Intensity plugin. Since Intensity, Nectar Elements, and Elevate is about the same intro money - what should one invest in to get fast and really audible results?
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote:Hi,

Excuse my ignorance, but could someone explain what some of these plugins do, and how they can improve my music? EQuivocate I know, but what about the others (including the new ones)? I watched the promo video but it was, well, less than helpful. :)

As someone mentioned above, it's interesting times with both Eventide and Izotope on the improve-mixes theme, and now also Zynaptiq with the Intensity plugin. Since Intensity, Nectar Elements, and Elevate is about the same intro money - what should one invest in to get fast and really audible results?
We're working on some overview videos for Saturate and Punctuate at the moment, but a quick overview is:

Elevate is a mastering limiter. It's usually used as the final stage of your mix or master. The goal is to make your music louder and add punch and clarity.

Saturate is a overdrive/clipper. It can be used on the entire mix to make it sound louder and more aggressive, or it can be used on individual tracks to do the same thing. It sounds great on drums an on basses.

Punctuate is a Transient emphasizer or suppressor. If you want certain tracks to stand out more in your mix or to hit a little harder you can use Punctuate to emphasize their transients. Alternatively, if you'd like to push tracks into the background a bit you can suppress their transients.

DGillespie wrote:We're working on some overview videos for Saturate and Punctuate at the moment, but a quick overview is:

Elevate is a mastering limiter. It's usually used as the final stage of your mix or master. The goal is to make your music louder and add punch and clarity.

Saturate is a overdrive/clipper. It can be used on the entire mix to make it sound louder and more aggressive, or it can be used on individual tracks to do the same thing. It sounds great on drums an on basses.

Punctuate is a Transient emphasizer or suppressor. If you want certain tracks to stand out more in your mix or to hit a little harder you can use Punctuate to emphasize their transients. Alternatively, if you'd like to push tracks into the background a bit you can suppress their transients.
Thanks so much for replying and for clearing this up for me. I must say these plugins not only seem interesting but also look beautiful as well. :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Cheers! :D

I aimed for beautiful in a real "form follows function" sense. I'm glad it worked for you.

Return to “Effects”