Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nuance

classic wrote:Does it have real pitch shifting or time warping like Halion or Mach 5?
That would make it a deal for me really.
What is meant by "real" pitch shifting? Real-time?

Mr Arkadin wrote:As someone else suggested get some manuals and videos up. As it is I will not be upgrading this as I never use it.
There is a user manual, as with all our apps. Its fairly brief though admittedly, and for sure every short cut is not going to be documented (pretty much as with any software). When I worked at another company, we would sometimes be in the situation where we had to remove small improvements because the documentation team did not have the resources to update the manual (which for sure is more time consuming than you would think). I definitely would rather not do it that way.

Last edited by newsonicarts on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

classic wrote:Does it have real pitch shifting or time warping like Halion or Mach 5?
That would make it a deal for me really.
No sorry, there's no such feature at this time.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:
Mr Arkadin wrote:As someone else suggested get some manuals and videos up. As it is I will not be upgrading this as I never use it.
There is a user manual, as with all our apps. Its fairly brief though admittedly, and for sure every short cut is not going to be documented (pretty much as with any software). When I worked at another company, we would sometimes be in the situation where we had to remove small improvements because the documentation team did not have the resources to update the manual (which for sure is more time consuming than you would think). I definitely would rather not do it that way.
TBH, it doesn't really matter now as I use something else.

Sorry if this has been asked but I cant find it in the manual or a modulate-able paramater in the Assignment Managrer so I assume the answer is no..

Can we modulate sample start and end marker?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

You can modulate sample start and loop length, not end marker though. In the Modulation section, when you click on Add Source and add your modulator, it will be instantiated with "none" as destination. Click "none" to choose between all available destinations.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Sorry if this has been asked but I cant find it in the manual or a modulate-able paramater in the Assignment Managrer so I assume the answer is no..

Can we modulate sample start and end marker?
Indeed, as EvilDragon said, sample start is modulatable. (Loop Length also). Its also possible to automate them by host automation, if you assign host automation to X, Y or Z (of the XY Pad) and then assign X, Y or Z to sample start via the Mod Matrix.

(The XY pad was partially added to V2 to act as a bridge from the Assignment Manager to those polyphonic parameters without UI knobs which are only controllable via the Modulation Matrix...)
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

James, one thing while you're around here. Can you make it so that the Table modulator can be edited across all the steps with one movement of the mouse? Currently you can only edit one by one and it's really quite annoying and slowing down (and yes I tried all the keyboard modifiers to no avail) :)

re Sample start automation

Thanks guys :)

Didnt notice that bit as I thought all assignment was done via dragndrop
Amazon: why not use an alternative

EvilDragon wrote:James, one thing while you're around here. Can you make it so that the Table modulator can be edited across all the steps with one movement of the mouse? Currently you can only edit one by one and it's really quite annoying and slowing down (and yes I tried all the keyboard modifiers to no avail) :)
Should be doable :)
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Awesomeness :)

EvilDragon wrote:Can you make it so that the Table modulator can be edited across all the steps with one movement of the mouse?
A public-beta went out today which includes a new 'Draw' mode for the Table sequencers :)

Just a reminder, the End of Summer Sale ends tonight! :o
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Can you make it so that the Table modulator can be edited across all the steps with one movement of the mouse?
A public-beta went out today which includes a new 'Draw' mode for the Table sequencers :)

Lol the upgrade price for existing customers is only 10 euros less than new customers.

Sorry this is bad like izotope even worse.... :dog:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

newsonicarts wrote:
Yay, thanks!

Caine123 wrote:
newsonicarts wrote:...

Lol the upgrade price for existing customers is only 10 euros less than new customers.

Sorry this is bad like izotope even worse.... :dog:

Yesterday I bought Nuance 2. I liked the browser and hotswapping samples and presets. The ideal companion to easily browse my sample library.

It really needs crossfading and some basic automapping and autospreading functions. It would be great if the embedding of samples would be a simple zip file (like presonus sampler presets).

The upgrade price of 50 euro is silly. That was the reason I didn't buy Vice and Granite.

Return to “Instruments”