8DIO - My experience

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Armagibbon wrote:Piracy aint an option if you do this legit. Only thing we can do is make honest demos for our homies if we got the lib. My rules? If it aint perc or loops I aint gonna buy new samples if I cant play it myself at trade shows or see it played by pro cats I know and trust... and they aint on youtube and they dont buy new shit all that much ahahaha
True. But it takes a lot of time and effort to make a good review, so I guess most us don't want to invest that time into doing it. So where do you find your reviewers?

topaz wrote:And be prepared to get slammed by NFR fanboys and reps, even after the company acknowledges
issue those hardcore trumpsters will still try and cut you down ;-)
Armagibbon wrote:POnly thing we can do is make honest demos for our homies if we got the lib.
Well atleast if they are developers themselves or bought admins that get their main income from library ads .

GearNostalgia wrote:
topaz wrote:And be prepared to get slammed by NFR fanboys and reps, even after the company acknowledges
Armagibbon wrote:POnly thing we can do is make honest demos for our homies if we got the lib.
Well atleast if they are developers themselves or bought admins that get their main income from library ads .
It is possible to not agree with you, without being an idiot or corrupt. And who are you referring to with that "bought admins" comment?

Not disagreeing with anyone here, simply stating that I have quite a few 8dio libraries and am pretty happy. The only one I was disappointed with was the cheapy Bazantar. The looping on that was absolutely terrible. I notice they've since put out a version 2 with reworked scripting (no new samples). Thought I might have a got a free upgrade, but no. Meh. Otherwise I'm quite impressed. I especially like Requiem Pro and Insolidus.

MrFurious wrote:
GearNostalgia wrote:
It is possible to not agree with you, without being an idiot or corrupt. And who are you referring to with that "bought admins" comment?
It seems obvious that most forums are getting their main income from ads from the sample developers. Just look at the top and the right of this page. On KVR is does not seem to affect the discussions on the forum as much as it does on VI-forum where the admin plainly stated he did not give a f**k about beeing fair since it was his forum. This thread was also renamed by admins, so it also present here in a mild way.

Sure, but when arguing against facts you are going to struggle a bit.
MrFurious wrote: It is possible to not agree with you, without being an idiot or corrupt.

Mike Greene wrote:For all his complaining, he still (as of this morning) has not given Tawnia his email address so she can refund him, and instead is playing cat and mouse games ("I think you already know who I am, so refund the person you think I am") via PM.
ahahahahah you didnt act fast enuff man! You had your totally legit chance to get it solved and the admin was on your side the whole time. Was even watchin your private messages to make sure you wouldnt get cheated man what a bro thats what familys all bout! I mean how could you just keep complainin after all they did for you? ahahahahahaha

GearNostalgia wrote:So where do you find your reviewers?
Like I said its just the homies. Cats I know. Cant play this game w/o friends you know? They go out and buy some shit cus they need a sound... I am def gonna know bout it on discord if it made workin harder than it shoulda been get what Im sayin? Theres times I gotta buy shit 2 and I let em know whats up. Cant trust those sly reviewer cats they just do it like a marketing push.

Well that is just one part of it. Much of it on VI happened behind the scenes in PMs. I got a lot of questions after that thread got locked. I sent a PM to the admin asking for advice how to handle the situation. I never got any reply to that so I asked in a new thread(and got some more answers in private cause people did not dare to post them I guess). That thread ended with me getting banned after he stated that he had talked about it in private with 8Dio and that he did not give a f**k about what seemed fair since it wasted his time or something like that. I guess you can find that thread if he did not delete it as I believe he said he would. I can't see it unless I use another device and new account, but VI is water under the bridge for me.

Armagibbon wrote:
GearNostalgia wrote:So where do you find your reviewers?
Like I said its just the homies. Cats I know. Cant play this game w/o friends you know? They go out and buy some shit cus they need a sound... I am def gonna know bout it on discord if it made workin harder than it shoulda been get what Im sayin? Theres times I gotta buy shit 2 and I let em know whats up. Cant trust those sly reviewer cats they just do it like a marketing push.
True.

Is there a good public discord about it?

Armagibbon wrote:
Mike Greene wrote:For all his complaining, he still (as of this morning) has not given Tawnia his email address so she can refund him, and instead is playing cat and mouse games ("I think you already know who I am, so refund the person you think I am") via PM.
ahahahahah you didnt act fast enuff man! You had your totally legit chance to get it solved and the admin was on your side the whole time. Was even watchin your private messages to make sure you wouldnt get cheated man what a bro thats what familys all bout! I mean how could you just keep complainin after all they did for you? ahahahahahaha
:hihi: :hihi: :tu: Yes it is pretty funny. For several weeks they ignored me, and then it all tilted to my fault for not mailing them ASAP again.

Couldn’t have thought of a better thread title than Lacrimosa.

Fleer wrote:Couldn’t have thought of a better thread title than Lacrimosa.
Well I can't cause the problem with 8Dio is not just above that one Library. I have read about other users that have other Libraries with totally other different issues. The main problem is not that Libraries have flaws, but that there are almost no neutral reviews and that 8Dio offer no demos and most of all if buy anything they are totally reluctant to help you sell that license or trade it in for something else. You basicly have burnt your money.

So my uneditied title for this thread was an advice to "stay away from them", cuase I find their terms of sale and zero unwillingness to discuss a mutual beneficial solution bad. Since then I have been made aware that there are other brand with bad terms of sale and bad customer treatment as well as there are some with bad terms but are willing to discuss and solve matters anyway. So if I would start this thread today I would title it something like. "Warning - no trial, no refund, no trade in, no reselling of Sample libraries from 8Dio".

Perhaps we should not feed the 8DIO troll anymore...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”