Repro 5 beta issue still present in FL Studio

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Elektronisch wrote:Did you checked all 3 marks (there is a drop down menu on the right on "fixed size buffers") because that fixed that patch problem for me.
Yep, even with all of them checked, (use fixed size buffers, process maximum size buffers, and use maximum buffer size from host), the problem persists.
Already tried all kinds of combinations of the various processing options, but did not find any setting which solved the issue.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:Did you checked all 3 marks (there is a drop down menu on the right on "fixed size buffers") because that fixed that patch problem for me.
Yep, even with all of them checked, (use fixed size buffers, process maximum size buffers, and use maximum buffer size from host), the problem persists.
Already tried all kinds of combinations of the various processing options, but did not find any setting which solved the issue.
This is so odd why does this work for me and does not for you :shrug:

Elektronisch wrote:This is so odd why does this work for me and does not for you :shrug:
Welcome to the wonderful world of software testing. :hihi:
"Why does it work for me, but not for you?" would be a nice t-shirt print for a QA guy. :D
I'm sure once I figure it out, it will be so obvious, I'll be slamming my head on the desk over and over again.

Has anyone made a post about this on the Image-Line forums by the way? Their developers that do the VST wrapper will normally respond and check into things.

Also to u-he, have you tried contacting Image-Line about this? They are a developer that will generally coordinate with developers to help VST debugging from what I’ve heard.

Elektronisch wrote:
tasmaniandevil wrote:
This is so odd why does this work for me and does not for you :shrug:
Can I ask if this bug is present in both VST2 and VST3 for FL? I might download the RePro demo to see if I have any luck getting this working in FL. I'm considering buying RePro soon....not going to if it's bugged in a troubling way for FL though.

Benjamin923 wrote:Can I ask if this bug is present in both VST2 and VST3 for FL? I might download the RePro demo to see if I have any luck getting this working in FL. I'm considering buying RePro soon....not going to if it's bugged in a troubling way for FL though.
It might be best to simply download the demo and try for yourself, apparently the usual fix mentioned a few posts earlier does help for some people, but not for all.
We will of course fix this, if it turns out to be a bug on our side, but I don't have a concrete time-line for when this will happen. And if it turns out to be an oddity of FL Studio, we will have to get in talk with them to see if they can fix anything there.

tasmaniandevil wrote:
Benjamin923 wrote:Can I ask if this bug is present in both VST2 and VST3 for FL? I might download the RePro demo to see if I have any luck getting this working in FL. I'm considering buying RePro soon....not going to if it's bugged in a troubling way for FL though.
It might be best to simply download the demo and try for yourself, apparently the usual fix mentioned a few posts earlier does help for some people, but not for all.
We will of course fix this, if it turns out to be a bug on our side, but I don't have a concrete time-line for when this will happen. And if it turns out to be an oddity of FL Studio, we will have to get in talk with them to see if they can fix anything there.
Alright, thanks for the tips. I'll just demo it first. I do hope this can get looked at soon though. Although FL may be the only host this is occurring with, Repro 5 is also the only major VST I know of that has an easily found host sync bug with it. Not saying it isn't FL's bug, it easily could be, just that there is good reason to try and figure out what's going on here. :)

UPDATE: I strangely enough don't seem to have this issue. Tested with a variety of tempos. No variation between host sync effect when the DAW is playing or not. It functions as expected in both cases...software is so weird.

Benjamin923 wrote:UPDATE: I strangely enough don't seem to have this issue.
Thanks for the update, very interesting.
Benjamin923 wrote:software is so weird.
Yep, true.

Also worthy of note that I wasn't even using fixed size buffers. I'm going to do a bit more playing around with this later to see if I can help with any debugging. Was on VST2 because I can't seem to run the VST3 version in FL.

Okay, so I have -some- news of note that may be interest. I first tested this using my Focusrite ASIO buffer at the extremely low rate of 16 samples (I keep latency to a minimum for MIDI control when recording). The plugin works properly when this is used, no issues with host sync when play is enabled.

ANY other buffer rate introduces the bug described here on playback.

Edit: important change here. I foolishly said 16 ms buffers. Wrong. I meant 16 sample buffers!
Last edited by Benjamin923 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

16 ms is not "extremely low latency", though. :)

I’m a dunce! I meant 16 SAMPLE buffers! Not 16ms! :)

The S/H linked to host clock + running the transport will result in issues. No matter what settings are being changed in the soundcard settings, nor in the wrapper settings of FL Studio (no matter what version of FL Studio (it is possible that really old versions of FL Studio will process the clocked host S/H properly though)).

Not at 16 sample buffers at my end ;)

Return to “u-he”