[feature request] Live 10's capture

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:
OK we are going round in circles - you're missing my point
okay... it's dropped :tu:

Hi all I just wanted to point out if you're on a Mac you can install Capture Midi app. It works quite well in the default light theme. Basically it saves anything you type in your midi devices and produces a clip with the midi information which you can then drag and drop on to your instrument track. If you're running the dark theme its a bit buggy System Preferences > General > Use dark menu bar and dock, I don't think the preview playback works either; I don't think it was created when the dark menu feature existed although its not a deal breaker. Just momentarily switch to the light theme click on the checkbox in the welcome screen to tell it not to display on startup. Once you switch back to the dark menu it'll be the one gap in the menu on the upper right. The menu icon is black so its hard to see but it's there. audiocr.com has a demo too although I haven't tried that one. It seems broken at first but if you goof with it for a couple minutes you'll see it isn't and works just fine. I think it was $6.99 on the apple store. Please read what it does before purchase in case I misunderstood your post!!! Also note the same guy made Midi FX Freeze which is free (I use that one in Logic Pro) you just put it below your midi fx and hit record and play your loop. Once it finishes you can drag the midi clip back on to your instrument. Works for things like instachord, scaler, and the likes. This way you get the resulting midi data not the notes you're playing. I really wish the developer would fix the few bugs he has because its pretty nice and very straightforward. GL!

Just going to go against the tide and say I have almost no interest in this at all, and would rather they worked on more fundamental things like groove pool / extraction, the GUI, etc.

synthdawg wrote:Hi all I just wanted to point out if you're on a Mac you can install Capture Midi app. It works quite well in the default light theme. Basically it saves anything you type in your midi devices and produces a clip with the midi information which you can then drag and drop on to your instrument track. If you're running the dark theme its a bit buggy System Preferences > General > Use dark menu bar and dock, I don't think the preview playback works either; I don't think it was created when the dark menu feature existed although its not a deal breaker. Just momentarily switch to the light theme click on the checkbox in the welcome screen to tell it not to display on startup. Once you switch back to the dark menu it'll be the one gap in the menu on the upper right. The menu icon is black so its hard to see but it's there. audiocr.com has a demo too although I haven't tried that one. It seems broken at first but if you goof with it for a couple minutes you'll see it isn't and works just fine. I think it was $6.99 on the apple store. Please read what it does before purchase in case I misunderstood your post!!! Also note the same guy made Midi FX Freeze which is free (I use that one in Logic Pro) you just put it below your midi fx and hit record and play your loop. Once it finishes you can drag the midi clip back on to your instrument. Works for things like instachord, scaler, and the likes. This way you get the resulting midi data not the notes you're playing. I really wish the developer would fix the few bugs he has because its pretty nice and very straightforward. GL!
Never got it to work properly (or at all).

Should be built into all hosts.

Randall P. McMurphy wrote:Just going to go against the tide and say I have almost no interest in this at all, and would rather they worked on more fundamental things like groove pool / extraction, the GUI, etc.
open a new thread with the title

[feature request] no Live 10's capture

seriously...this is like goin to a hotdog shack and tell the chef "no i dont want no hotdog dude, but hey here is my mustard, i want some steaks"

anttimaatteri wrote: a hotdog shack
Nice one, comparing Bitwig Studio with a hotdog shack in this context isn't that far off.

Seriously...
Be a bit more respectful to people with other opinions.

anttimaatteri wrote: seriously...this is like goin to a hotdog shack and tell the chef "no i dont want no hotdog dude, but hey here is my mustard, i want some steaks"
Actually its more like attending an open forum about whether the hotdog shack owners should focus their development on creating a new mustard for next season, and stating for you personally, you would prioritize:

making sure that the current bread supplier is able to provide fresh buns in a timely fashion, proposing tweaking the current ketchup recipe to include organic ingredients from some local producers, and finally stating that you have no interest in a new mustard since for your hotdog construction you don't require mustards at all.

Randall P. McMurphy wrote:
anttimaatteri wrote: seriously...this is like goin to a hotdog shack and tell the chef "no i dont want no hotdog dude, but hey here is my mustard, i want some steaks"
Actually its more like attending an open forum about whether the hotdog shack owners should focus their development on creating a new mustard for next season, and stating for you personally, you would prioritize:

making sure that the current bread supplier is able to provide fresh buns in a timely fashion, proposing tweaking the current ketchup recipe to include organic ingredients from some local producers, and finally stating that you have no interest in a new mustard since for your hotdog construction you don't require mustards at all.
Now I'm hungry ... :wink:

Some of these ideas are great!

Marker Ranges - One of my top requests, simple feature that would greatly help workflow.
LUFSMetering - Average meters should be there a long time ago IMO
Track Status Indicatores - YES! I have some plugins that play up and I always have to go fishing for them to reload.
Ripple Editing - Especially with the slow GUI we have now its frustrating to select half your song to make space.

Some other nice stuff there too.
:tu:
http://Freshby6.com
Bitwig since 1.0

SpaceCadetOnLeave wrote:
anttimaatteri wrote: a hotdog shack
Nice one, comparing Bitwig Studio with a hotdog shack in this context isn't that far off.

Seriously...
Be a bit more respectful to people with other opinions.
you didnt get it at all, didnt you?

i compared this thread to a hotdog shack you walked in without even wanting to buy a hotdog, but trying to convince the cook, and evryone around, from your preferred mustard. and as soon someone is telling you this little detail you seem to be perplexed.

and be a bit more respectful to thread topics.

overcomplicating a simple case of "[feature request]"

Stop stealing, start inovating !
Their is much other useful area where BW could add whay better tools than Ableton Live, like ARA2 integration, comping....

This isn't a case of 'stealing' - capture is already built into several other DAWs so it's not really a Live innovation, they just realised it was useful for many musicians and Bitwig needs to do the same.

Sorry - but this made me laugh so hard!

And in all seriousness - I totally agree. Capture is completely useless for me (I do understand it is awesome for others) and would rather see the devs work on more core features (time-stretching in the -now excellent- sampler, for instance, would be amazing).

Also my #1 Feature request!

To all that advocate against it:
Just respect the feature wishes of a part of the community. What’s the point to say it is useless? There are a lot of users that wants it and for some its crucial to their workflow.
If you want other features to be implemented than open a new thread and write it down.
Would be a lot better for the community as a whole.

Return to “Bitwig”