Soniccouture favourites?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a quick info for anyone interrested in buying the whole Soniccouture bundle during the NI sale:

If you have the problem ending with some duplicates, just ask the nice guys at Soniccouture if they can do something for you...
use their support form on the webside!

They really have one of the best supports I have encountered in my "VST-Life". :wink:

Xtended Piano is not part of this sale, correct? I don't see it listed on the NI site.
Windows/Mac | Studio One, Live, Logic | Push 2, Maschine MKIII, Atom SQ | Presonus Quantum 2, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, | Fender, Godin, Taylor

danielh02 wrote:Xtended Piano is not part of this sale, correct? I don't see it listed on the NI site.
Yes, that's correct... not all libraries are included.

I purchased NI deal.

I am gobsmacked by sheer quality of every instrument in NI sale. It beg for playing it. I still did not downloaded not even half of it. This sale is amazing.

I wonder do they have on their TO DO list something like "Lite" or "individual" instruments for Electro Acoustic pack. It's awesome but i don't need all drum machines in one instrument and i don't need 1:30sec loading time for individual instrument either.

Something among the lines of WaveAlchemy Revolution. They offer one big instruments, but also individual instruments as well. So you sequence them from your host and loading separate individual drum kits is way faster then one big instrument.

Basically what i am proposing is only individual kits - not all kits in one instrument.

808 Dry, 909 Dry etc.etc. as being individual kits.

kmonkey wrote:I purchased NI deal.

I am gobsmacked by sheer quality of every instrument in NI sale. It beg for playing it. I still did not downloaded not even half of it. This sale is amazing.

I wonder do they have on their TO DO list something like "Lite" or "individual" instruments for Electro Acoustic pack. It's awesome but i don't need all drum machines in one instrument and i don't need 1:30sec loading time for individual instrument either.

Something among the lines of WaveAlchemy Revolution. They offer one big instruments, but also individual instruments as well. So you sequence them from your host and loading separate individual drum kits is way faster then one big instrument.

Basically what i am proposing is only individual kits - not all kits in one instrument.

1:30 loading time - have you tried "save patch" in Kontakt?

yellowmix wrote:Electro-Acoustic is the freshest way to use classic drum machines. Great for electronica.
Second that. I could not resist the sale cause I really wanted to play with the Euclidian sequencers. Now that I have I love it. That sequencer alone was worth like 50 bucks for me. So to get a fresh take on the classic drums on top of that feels like a great deal.

Harry_HH wrote:
kmonkey wrote:I purchased NI deal.

Actually it is more around 2:00. Library is 14gb. And there's only one preset file.

No i have not tried that. I know for that trick but i was assuming advanced guys at Soniccouture would do that in advance anyway. Save patch trick is used for old libraries afaik. This trick work on older libraries.

Like i said library is 14gb big so it can't be faster in any way (but i will try what you proposed and report back).

Whole instrument is damn good but 14gb seems like a overkill. Everything is loaded under one instrument so basically when you load that Kontakt patch everything (every hw drum machine listed here) is loaded: http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products ... -acoustic/

That's 14 hw machine kits. Each kit have several individual drum instruments with round robin and on top of that there are studio channels loaded. So one instrument like one BassDrum from one HW machine is like 5 variations.

Sound is phenomenal but take ages to load..

My proposal would be: ok keep fancy and amazing sequencers, allow us to load just 808 kit...or just 909 etc.etc....that would certainly made it less big when loading..

GearNostalgia wrote:
yellowmix wrote:Electro-Acoustic is the freshest way to use classic drum machines. Great for electronica.
Second that. I could not resist the sale cause I really wanted to play with the Euclidian sequencers. Now that I have I love it. That sequencer alone was worth like 50 bucks for me. So to get a fresh take on the classic drums on top of that feels like a great deal.
May i ask when you make a fresh boot to your OS - how long does it take to load Electro Acoustic patch in your system?

I love the sound!

Harry_HH wrote:
Just to report back. I loaded that whooping library and loaded 909 dry patch. Then i saved it individually.

Now when i rebooted and when i tried to load that Test patch it loaded fairly quickly. Well at least GUI appeared after 3-4 sec and i see samples are loading but that also lasted around 10 sec.. That was maaaasssive improvement. My guess is that Kontakt once when saved separately in my new patch then is loading only what is important and not whole library - at least not until i start to browse other instruments/drum kits....

Thanks for your suggestion. It came to my mind but like i said i was under impression they would shipped it in advance. Thanks again for suggestion it helped.

Cheers

kmonkey wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
Just to report back. I loaded that whooping library and loaded 909 dry patch. Then i saved it individually.

Now when i rebooted and when i tried to load that Test patch it loaded fairly quickly. Well at least GUI appeared after 3-4 sec and i see samples are loading but that also lasted around 10 sec.. That was maaaasssive improvement. My guess is that Kontakt once when saved separately in my new patch then is loading only what is important and not whole library - at least not until i start to browse other instruments/drum kits....

Thanks for your suggestion. It came to my mind but like i said i was under impression they would shipped it in advance. Thanks again for suggestion it helped.

Cheers
Good to hear. I have with many libraries the same challenge, especially when using my mobile setup (laptop). Latest with my OTS tele. SC is high quality, but this dilemma concerns all, and the SC EA is one of their heaviest. I use to save at least one preset of those libs for a (relatively) quick start.

kmonkey wrote:
GearNostalgia wrote:
May i ask when you make a fresh boot to your OS - how long does it take to load Electro Acoustic patch in your system?

I love the sound!
I never timed it before, but I noticed that it was a long load. It was about as long as it took to load IK+ on commodore C64 casette. So I timed it for you now. 5 minutes and 4 seconds. Well, I guess I should get an SSD for my libraries some day this standard HD is crap.

kmonkey wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
Ok, noob question of the day. What do you mean by saving individually, and more important. Hwo do you do it?

I mean saving multi, patch only. You find it in the NI FAQ, or even Kvr...

viewtopic.php?p=6758686

Harry_HH wrote:I mean saving multi, patch only. You find it in the NI FAQ, or even Kvr...

viewtopic.php?p=6758686
Not sure I did it right. But as I did it it brought down the load time to like 2 seconds! WOW!

You most likely did: the "re-save batch",
https://soundiron.com/pages/pro-tip-1-r ... load-times

and save individual (own) preset, to which I refer later, are two different operations, both help quicker dowload.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”