GSI VB3-II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VB3 VB3-II

I realize I'm going far off track here but I thought I'd throw this out about C/R

When the software company I worked for went bust. We released two tools. One for properly cleaning the registry in case of improper installation and another with a key generator. Ta da everyone gets free software. Not that anyone could use it to it's fullest potential because flash is dead. After several months of keeping the domain alive long after the company ceased to exist with links and instructions and clear information on our website. We'd still get the occasional I want my software back posts on FB EVEN Though The first post is all about how to get the software back. And then they will reply to an older post asking the same question again because..... They are either to lazy to read what has already been written or they feel like an explanation to someone else is not the same as an explanation to them personally.

I'd link to the web.archive and explain the process. Later I just reopened my domain and linked to the tools there.. https://tappermike.com/anotherfolder/la ... generator/

The second one was when are you going to come out with an HTML5 version of the software, even when they start the conversation with "I know the company is dead but still"

Some people think that the software isn't done till the last user is dead. They are the same people who carry tubes (valves) in their pockets looking for a radio shack because the 1962 RCA B&W TV isn't working and everything will be fine once they get that tube replaced.
Last edited by tapper mike on Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

you can tell that over and over.
The reality is different. All of the companies that promised such a final version ( and I had plugins from) did NOT do this when they disappeared. End of story, I don't buy c/r any more.

And I will also point this out when the next c/r plugin gets released that I am interested in. If that changes the mind of only one developer and I can buy that plugin finally it was worth it.
I would love to buy the VB3 II even with this price tag....

Guido, FFS, tell these stinky beggars already, are you considering changing your protection at all?

Or they will keep begging until the end of time.

Set the record straight so they can fock off for good.

When installing or purchasing software there is a EULA (end user license agreement) It is required in order to purchase or use trialware.
If you don't sign it you can move on with your life not using the software. That agreement is binding. You don't get to conveniently disagree. Forgetting that it was there or simply ignoring to read it does not change the facts that you in fact did agree to it. (Yes legally binding in a court of law) Within this EULA there is a clause regarding that the product does what it says it does under the given situation it is called to do so. That is the "As Is"
https://sites.google.com/site/mountwhit ... disclaimer
There are inherent dangers in the use of any software available for download on the Internet, and we caution you to make sure that you completely understand the potential risks before downloading any of the software.

The Software and code samples available on this website are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Use at your own risk.

The use of the software and scripts downloaded on this site is done at your own discretion and risk and with agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from such activities. You are solely responsible for adequate protection and backup of the data and equipment used in connection with any of the software, and we will not be liable for any damages that you may suffer in connection with using, modifying or distributing any of this software. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or from this website shall create any warranty for the software.

We make makes no warranty that

the software will meet your requirements
the software will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free
the results that may be obtained from the use of the software will be effective, accurate or reliable
the quality of the software will meet your expectations
any errors in the software obtained from us will be corrected.
The software, code sample and their documentation made available on this website:

could include technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies or typographical errors. We may make changes to the software or documentation made available on its web site at any time without prior-notice.
may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such materials.
We assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in the software or documentation available from its web site.

In no event shall we be liable to you or any third parties for any special, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use of this software.
When you purchase software the software is sold for the features it currently contains and operates under the operating system at hand. It is not sold for future operating systems that may exist in a later date. It is not sold with future features nor does it guarantee of future features.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

That only means we can't sue them. I don't think anyone has suggested we should. People have a perfect right to be unhappy with the lack of support, though, and take that into consideration when considering future products from the same vendor.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

FYI... a first update was just released: Version 1.0.1 fixes some minor bugs and adds some more features.

Nice update but popup windows still fall to the background on Windows unfortunately... I really hope you'll eventually give up on popup windows and make them all a part of the GUI with tabs. :)

Late to the party again. Would be helpful if put a note in the first post to skip about 10 pages or so, lol.

So now 64bit only... well that means no more V-machine compatibility :(:( sad as it would mean instant buy for me given that Blue3 is no compatible with it too.

Still saving for a Mojo then.
dickiefunk wrote:At the moment I own VB3 v1.4 NI Vintage Organs. I've been trying the demo version of VB3-II and GG Audio Blue3 and have been comparing them to VB3-1.4 and Vintage Organs. Whilst VB3-II does sound very good I've been most impressed with Blue3's overall sound. I have also been impressed with the demos I've heard of AcousticSamples B5 but sadly there's no demo to download and try :(

Has anyone compared Blue3 to B5?
Here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=488585 I was trying to do a comparison but didn't get much feedback from peops, maybe the didn't like it or the links do not open? Here they open fine. Cheers

I've just picked up Acousticsamples B5 in their summer sale and I have to say I'm loving it. I've been doing quite a lot of a/b'ing with VB3II, GG Audio's Blue3 and NI's Vintage Organs over the past couple of days and B5 and Blue3 are my clear favourites. Out of B5 and Blue3 I personally prefer B5 but Blue3 is very good! B5 just sounds so real and comes the closest to my experience of playing a real hammond.
GG Audio are updating Blue3 to v2.0 at some point and I will be very interested in trying out the demo for this! However, for now B5 is my go to hammond emulation.

Played VB3-II in church on Sunday. Great sound, until the AU crashed Mainstage with notes still sounding. Gutted!!
Anyone else had problems? Standalone version maybe?
Really want this one to work.

Definitely reach out to Guido to inform him on that.

I had no crashes with VB3-II over here on W10...

Good to know ED, thanks, might try it on a surface pro next - the interface would work well with a touchscreen I reckon :)
So far I haven't been able to reproduce any crash, so my issue could well have been user error (I was changing the rotary controller settings between songs - I won't try that again!) , and I must say it had been very stable in the testing I did before hand (I mostly tested the standalone)

I use mac and am considering VB3-II and Blue3 and I can’t decide for the life of me which one to get.
I do enjoy tweaking and both seem pretty tweakable... Any one here have both that can offer a brief comparison please?

can’t decide for the life of me which one to get
wait a little for Blue3 version 2, may be very well worth it. coming this year.

I don't own Blue3 (though as a modelled organ fan would certainly be tempted by V2!) but had the demo on my computer for ages trying to decide. It was very impressive.
VB3-2 is magnificent - makes me smile when playing every time! And I've had no further crashes.
Both have very good demos available - install and enjoy!
Edit - one advantage Blue3 has is the separate rotary FX plugin. Something to run an ageing hardware clone through (XK-3c in my case). Might buy V2 for that reason :)

Return to “Instruments”