TAL-DAC

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-DAC

Vortifex wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:
Vortifex wrote:This is cool but I wish the guy would email his customers to tell us about this stuff. Two updates available that I didn't know about.
Knowing Patrick as we know him, it will be normalized when the state ends to be beta to become definitively released.

And also don't forget to tick the check box "I own this" in the rightmost column of this page otherwise even when the plugin is released you will never be notified by KVR on each update.
I meant updates for TAL Sampler and U-NO-LX which I own. There doesn't seem to be a way to receive this info from TAL. Anyway, I apologise for being off-topic.
It is the same method. If you tick the check box "I own this" in the rightmost column of this page (TAL-Sampler) and of this page (TAL-U-No-LX) you'll always be informed by email each time they are updated.

And it is the same thing for ALL the products which are referenced in the KVR database and that you own, so that it alerts you for any event occurring on each product that you have as soon as you have ticked "I own this".

And from now on, each time you have downloaded the new version of a plugin... you just have to click (at the top of the rightmost column) the little horizontal arrow which appears between the new version number and your former version number (appearing in red color) so that your version number reflects now in green color the current release. That way, the KVR database always knows what you have and at which version.

And also, if you use this technique, in addition to emails informing you about new versions, at the top of ALL the KVR pages you have a little number which appears in red (and that you can click) reflecting the number of products which are not at their current release in your personal profile. Example:

When there isn't any number appearing in red, it means that all your database is up-to-date. Don't confuse with another number which can also appear in red in an envelope and for which the purpose is to tell you that you have private messages currently waiting.

KVR is not only a forum... it is all an environment which is freely offered to everybody to use the personal databases of owned products (and not only owned but also wished, marked as favorites, marked as interesting for you, etc., all in different categories, and you can create your own additional categories) and also an environment to manage your relations with all the other KVRians.

You can even manage very complex databases if you want (and with documentations, external links, management of different specific developer's forums, etc.), by this page and all the related pages of this one.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Valuable addition to the best sounding, most user friendly sampler on market - TAL Sampler!

Any chance the dev or someone else who knows could tell us what the different presets are actually emulations of? The only one that’s obvious is the Emulator 2, since it’s called EMU-II....

This just needs a limiter & I think it would be close to complete.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Instant drum machine mojo ....Thanks
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Saukar30 wrote:This just needs a limiter & I think it would be close to complete.
it surprises me that someone would CALL for something like that--i tend to leave most of my instrument plugins "dry" and use for my delay, reverb, eq, etc., specific effects that i intimately know the sound of and can control better.

Awesome, thanks Patrick!

sleepcircle wrote:
Saukar30 wrote:This just needs a limiter & I think it would be close to complete.
it surprises me that someone would CALL for something like that--i tend to leave most of my instrument plugins "dry" and use for my delay, reverb, eq, etc., specific effects that i intimately know the sound of and can control better.
The option for a limiter is just that... an option. A safeguard if a signal is running too hot. If you use TAL-DAC as an insert and throw it on a track, it could possibly clip. I usually do this as a track is playing due to my limited time to create. Of course one could turn down the gain before inserting it, but in the spontaneity of the moment, clipping protection is nice to have.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Pop a hard clipper or limiter on your master, then you don't need to even think about it if something pops out by accident. This doesn't need a limiter.

I use Airwindows ClipOnly on my master for this.

I think it's great, but I don't like the way the wet/dry mix phases. Would it be possible to have the dry signal resampled so it doesn't phase with the output? It could be a user option as there is creative potential to the phasing mix, but for times when you want to limit distortion having a resampled dry channel would be useful, even if it would use more CPU power.

camsr wrote:I think it's great, but I don't like the way the wet/dry mix phases. Would it be possible to have the dry signal resampled so it doesn't phase with the output? It could be a user option as there is creative potential to the phasing mix, but for times when you want to limit distortion having a resampled dry channel would be useful, even if it would use more CPU power.

I only use it at 100% wet anyway... which is equivalent to all usage of the DAC in TAL Sampler (there's no mix amount there).

Not really an effect I want "in degrees" with the dry signal, seems more designed to just be there, or not be there...

anyway, just my thoughts on it. Do you really need a mix of dry / wet for conversion? That means, in effect, you want a mix of the normal / original Sample Rate with the New / Degraded Sample Rate.... why? Chances are, that will be either pointless or ugly, even without the phase issues you seem to be encountering. Think of it this way: the point of the plugin is emulating old hardware circuits for conversion. The moment you pull that knob below 100%, you're no longer emulating the hardware converters, because any percentage of "dry" signal will be the unaffected sample rate of the original signal, which of course could never have been output by the modeled hardware converter...

THAT said, he did put the mix knob there, so obviously it has its purposes. But personally, as stated, I just don't see the point of mixing Sample Rates.

camsr wrote:I think it's great, but I don't like the way the wet/dry mix phases. Would it be possible to have the dry signal resampled so it doesn't phase with the output? It could be a user option as there is creative potential to the phasing mix, but for times when you want to limit distortion having a resampled dry channel would be useful, even if it would use more CPU power.
Yeah the dry wet is the only lacking part of this otherwise excellent plugin, might pop Patrick an email to ask if this is I intended as it doesn't feel right to me.

Fantastic freebie for sampler owners. Thanks much! Gonna definitely be using this on some tracks.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Can someone post some audios of what this thing can do? There is no demo and no YouTube videos. Thank you very much.

Igro wrote:Can someone post some audios of what this thing can do? There is no demo and no YouTube videos. Thank you very much.
Download it from the site and it runs in demo mode. how did you miss this? :phones:

Return to “Effects”