New Product Query - Filter Bank

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

spunkmuffin wrote:I'm just being cute.
Then go be "cute" somewhere else, please.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Golden Internet Troll Award.jpg
spunkmuffin wrote:Urs can speak for himself, and does. I'm just being cute.
I'm not actually uninterested in the Sherman Filterbank but just wanted to say that u-he is not doing it and why. Mkay?
Oh and this thread is not ruined. I've just added a refreshing sprinkle of spice! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The reason I brought this up at all is a machine I modeled off of Mick Gordon's 'Doom Machine' (I posted this a few down) for this weeks U-he Nerds LA club meeting. It worked out to be an extremely capable filter bank. It got me thinking...

- Cool product idea 'take with grain of salt'.
- What else can be done with this?

I did limit it to U-he and Bitwig devices, with intent (GateKeeper for pulse in time options; it's disabled). This is an example of it, with the Bitwig test tone generating a sine wave sweeping from ~30Hz - 26.5Khz
Bitwig Test Tone.jpg
https://soundcloud.com/the-riddle-of-st ... ep/s-i78Lp

So far, I am getting very good harmonics out of MFM, and the strongest harmonics out of the Bitwig Amp simulator. Lanes B and C respectively.
Doom Machine.jpg
I feel like I might get more control out of Zebra, or in any case I want to see if it's possible to make Zebrify do this, just for experimentation:
Complex Harmonics.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

** Delete this comment Please **

I am documenting progress on this link:
https://signal.inclusivetech.net/bitwig ... m-machine/

sleepcircle wrote:i must admit The Drop sounds spectacular, it is like smearing creamed honey on a sound.
So it sounds muffled? Is that good?

That's not what i meant at all. Sorry, I thought I'd seen 'creamy' used to describe the effects of sound hardware a couple times, before. Admittedly it was in the context of guitar amps, but I guess I thought it was usable in more situations than that. I'd have a hard time explaining what it feels like, but I wouldn't describe it as 'muffled' compared to most filters.

For future reference, further discussion of this topic in this thread. Especially note Andy's post. :wink:
Fabfilter Volcano 2 - best filter (for modulations) or other ones?
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Thanks mate! I checked it out and.... Indeed. Went to the website, and picked up 'The Scream' Stoked!

Return to “u-he”